R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-15-2004, 09:46 AM   #1891
Tech Initiate

Hello guys!!

New G4 owner here!! Still in the building process of the G4, so this forum has been GREAT for information that I can use before I put the whole car together and avoid some of the known issues.

Speaking of pipes, has anyone ever tried the H.A.R.D sharks pipe? This pipe looks too good not to buy..LOL!!! Everyone I have spoken to who is using it swears by it. The quality is amazing not to mention it's built like a tank! Here's some info.
http://www.hard-racing.com/products/h2502.htm

Shock bladders?? You mean these http://www.powers-international.com/...nt/e-pp206.htm ??

Those are what I am using to replace the stock ones as the stock ones supplied with the kit keeps falling into the shock tube.

Finally a question about belts, what's the difference between the K-factory belts and the stock belts?? Belts are belts, I understand the material might be different, but how does that effect/improve performance?? (Sorry guys, newbie here....go easy on me....LOL)

I better pick up my lazy ass and finish the car this weekend......

Cheers~
Crunch123
crunch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:43 PM   #1892
Tech Regular

I just now noticed almost all the oil has leaked out of the back shocks because of these fricken bladders!!!! Now i know why my car was pulling to one side when i would hit the brakes! can anyone point me to the correct shock bladders on tower hobbies website? I keep finding them but i don't know if they are the right size. Last time i ordered the shock bladders for the mugen mbx they were way to huge

Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #1893
Tech Regular

Mike, just go to your lhs and ask for a 1/10 shock rebuild kit, they'll have one.

Has anyone tried the 3 racing rear shock tower with stiffener?? There is a 15.00 difference in price for the k factory, and i want to save money, but if the quality isn't as good ill get k factory
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:07 PM   #1894
Tech Regular

No LHS here, its about an hour away. I would rather just order it.

Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:18 PM   #1895
Tech Regular

try this, it should work, was all i could find on tower

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:52 PM   #1896
Tech Fanatic

owens... The TM pipe and Rossi Pixy are a great match... Long stroke motor and long pipe... That's what I'm running on my 5 port black pixy... Tried RD logics turbo 1 and turbo 2... Even tried the new Yokomo tune pipe with the pixy... The best over power I found for the pixy was the TM pipe.... Rossi makes a great tune pipe as well... You might want to check that one out as well... Factory pipe for the Pixy and there new line of motors... Just a thought..

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:08 PM   #1897
Tech Regular

I am currently running a 3 port Pixi, but I am planning on running a Sirio Evo 2 5 port. Right now I have the Trinity exhaust I think it is the 8128. I ran it on my Team only reflex.
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:15 PM   #1898
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Re: Stock shock bladder replacements

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
I can't seem to find anyone that has any "upgraded" shock bladders. These things are killing me!!! They are so flimsy. Does anyone know where i can buy new shock bladders?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, I experienced the bladders hardening in the oil. I changed them to soft serpent bladders,and I feel they are more consistent.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:18 PM   #1899
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default K factory rear tower

Quote:
Originally posted by bballer
Mike, just go to your lhs and ask for a 1/10 shock rebuild kit, they'll have one.

Has anyone tried the 3 racing rear shock tower with stiffener?? There is a 15.00 difference in price for the k factory, and i want to save money, but if the quality isn't as good ill get k factory
Dont hesitate and just go w the K fact for the rear tower and brace. Also the frt tower is different, but I was impressed with the three racing two speed housings.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #1900
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Stock shock bladder replacements

Quote:
Originally posted by Vr6vroom
I experienced the bladders hardening in the oil...
[/B]

Sounds like you need a doctor.
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #1901
Tech Regular

Default tm pipe

rc_alan, thanks for the info
owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:02 PM   #1902
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Stock shock bladder replacements

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
I can't seem to find anyone that has any "upgraded" shock bladders. These things are killing me!!! They are so flimsy. Does anyone know where i can buy new shock bladders?

Thanks,
Mike
this is what I did based on atip from a fellow racer, I glued the stock bladders to the cap of the shocks with CA, so they will not get stuck in the shock body.. works for me, just an alternative...
goodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:50 AM   #1903
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by crunch123
Finally a question about belts, what's the difference between the K-factory belts and the stock belts?? Belts are belts, I understand the material might be different, but how does that effect/improve performance?? (Sorry guys, newbie here....go easy on me....LOL)
More resistant free but easier to crack if you don`t clean the pulleys on regular basis.

It`s a great car, you won`t regret having it!
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:28 PM   #1904
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi vr6vroom, i think i heard your name announced in ct noreastern race. i was there. got there sunday right before registration. i had only 5 minutes of practice. when qualifying came around i had problems with electrics. on the second one my battery shorted and burned my steering servo so i was out for the day. even though i made the d main i couldnt run. well thers always next time. how did you do?
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:58 AM   #1905
Tech Addict

Default this are the best to use

Quote:
Originally posted by bballer
try this, it should work, was all i could find on tower

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...04&cat=&page=1

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote