R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2004, 05:18 AM   #1876
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thanks Raf!, you did a splendid job in the lane, we just have to teach you how to use a real starter box(hehehehehe). Maybe we'll get you driven one of these rockets soon!
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:03 AM   #1877
Tech Regular

My servo saver part that goes on the steering rails is really loose. I have it tightened all the way up but its still loose (kinda wiggles on the rails). What do i need to replace? Is it the servo saver itself or is it the almunum rail holders or should i do both?

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:15 AM   #1878
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Vr6vroom
Thanks Raf!, you did a splendid job in the lane, we just have to teach you how to use a real starter box(hehehehehe). Maybe we'll get you driven one of these rockets soon!
You need to get a real box!
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:16 AM   #1879
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
What some of my friend's done is replace the standard dust cover (even some people are not install them at all) to the K-Factory's K1476 - High Density Servo Saver Dust Cover.

I think it's not the rails that become uneven, it is very important to pay attention to the rail's mount and need to adjust it again after a while...
I know how to adjust the rails. I figured that out a while back. However even when the rail mounts are loose, there was still binding on one side. These are my original rails and front bulkhead. The rear rail is the only one I flipped and that seemed to have given me a little more life out of my steering system before I rebuild.

Anyway my rear rail is broke on the ends, making it loose in the grooves of the bulkhead.

Thanks for the input, but I'm just posting my findings that I think is helpful to maintaining the G4 steering ready for racing.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:51 AM   #1880
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggdaddy
Anyway my rear rail is broke on the ends, making it loose in the grooves of the bulkhead.
A few of my friends have had this problems last time, is this also can cause steering bind too?
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:29 PM   #1881
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Guys-I put a NIB G4 Evo on the swaps here today. Check it out if your looking for one!!

Thanks,
Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:39 PM   #1882
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by daniz24
A few of my friends have had this problems last time, is this also can cause steering bind too?
I think it can add to the problem. Mine is still broke on the rear rail but the steering isn't binding. Its not tight like it should be. You can wiggle the wheels a little, maybe a milimeter or so either way when your servo is holding the steering block.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:05 PM   #1883
Tech Regular

Will the team magic adjustible exhaust work well with a turbo engine?
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #1884
Tech Regular

Default TM INLINE PIPE

I'm sure it will work great. Its supposed to be awesome, and its adjustable to change the powerband.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:42 AM   #1885
Tech Fanatic

JoeRocket, what engine do you plan on running??? Turbo what??? The TM pipe is better suited for long stroke motors... If you're running a Novarossi based motor, I would run a shorter pipe. The TM pipe is very durable and make good power down low... Long stroke motors work better with that pipe. Most Novarossi based motors ie.... NovaMega, RB's, Novarossi, NovaMaxx, Mugen, Top, ect are short stroke and work better with shorter pipes... A good pipe with alot of bang for the buck is OFNA's X12 pipe... Costs all of $49.00 and the power it makes has everyone at my local RC track asking me what motor are you running and what pipe is that??? Post back just what motor you're running and I'm sure I can point you in the best/right direction.. Goodluck... Remember, a pipe can make or break your motor as far as overall power... Choosing the right one is as important as the motor itself.

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:05 AM   #1886
Tech Regular

Default tm magic pipe

hey rc alan, you look like the g4 king in this forum. and thank you for all the great info. my g4 is still not complete yet, was getting close and had some things to take care of. so, on with the question, how about the tm pipe with a rossi pixi 3port? maybe this weekend i'll be able to fire it up!!!
owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:44 AM   #1887
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default pipes

Just remember space is very tight on the G4. The coupler and the header joint on the X12 pipe are very large, I use the new Rex pipes, the are ultra small on the flange's, and shorter than the X12. I hope this helps.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:15 AM   #1888
Tech Regular

Default Stock shock bladder replacements

I can't seem to find anyone that has any "upgraded" shock bladders. These things are killing me!!! They are so flimsy. Does anyone know where i can buy new shock bladders?

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #1889
Tech Regular

I use the gs racing 1/10 shock rebuild kit that comes with 5 bladders, works well for me
Old 06-15-2004, 09:17 AM   #1890
Tech Regular

JoeRocket, sorry about the bad advice