R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #1801
Tech Apprentice

Hi jas1 have you got a set up for a e-class for ashby foams or rubber.
Thanks
V1R racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:07 AM   #1802
Tech Regular

cant help with a foam set-up, only run in rubber class, i havn't got a specific set-up for ashby, but as a general guide this is how i run my car, usually only change spring rate, castor and camber to the track.

front end
shock oil 60wt
spring mint green
shock tower inner hole
1' toe out
30 000wt ft diff
6mm ride height

rear end
shock oil 50wt
spring blue
shock tower inner
3' toe in
5000wt rr diff
6mm ride height

you might want to try a lighter shock oil, ashby track is a little bumpy, wouldn't bother with anti roll bars either

tyres

i usually use ing tyres, ing wheels and either ing medium insert or echo medium (red) high traction(thin). 27's or 32's, but same grade on both ends of the car.

could also try cml website for darren johnsons set-up sheet, theres one for the ashby rubber national last year

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/

think darren used a solid front axle also
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:14 AM   #1803
Tech Regular

Default g4 set-up

for the set-up you posted, what springs are you using. i have a team magic set.
thank you
owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:31 AM   #1804
Tech Regular

i use team magic springs
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 03:34 PM   #1805
Tech Regular

Default g4 wiring

first off let's take a moment and remember ronald regan. as i was growing up, he was the president that saw to the end of the cold war. my thoughts and prays go to his family and our nation.

just finished installing the radio equipment in the g4. it is a pretty tight fit, another futaba s9550 for a throttle servo would free up some more space. later the clutch and motor will go together and tomorrow, some graet smellin nitro fumes!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 04:50 PM   #1806
Tech Regular

good luck owens, there's nothing like the night before you're running the g4, you're gonna have restless sleep lol
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #1807
Tech Regular

yes, a moment taken for the Regan family and our Nation.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:49 PM   #1808
Tech Regular

Default the pistons

that's right bballer, go coach brown, i live in nj across the river from philly. larry brown was the best coach we have had in a long time.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:31 PM   #1809
Tech Regular

Default larry brown

yeah, im beginning to realize why joe d fired rick carlisle
Old 06-06-2004, 08:03 AM   #1810
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb Engine choice

Hello guys!

Greetings from the other side of the planet (HK). I just bought a G4 the other day and am waiting for a free day or 2 to build up the car.

I'm still in need of a engine for this car and was wondering what's a good engine to match this car? I'm sorta on a budget, so fancy stuff like Nova can be outta of the queston. Oh, I'll also need pipes too.

Hope to get this thing up and running very soon!

Cheers~
crunch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:43 AM   #1811
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Engine choice

Quote:
Originally posted by crunch123
Hello guys!

Greetings from the other side of the planet (HK). I just bought a G4 the other day and am waiting for a free day or 2 to build up the car.

I'm still in need of a engine for this car and was wondering what's a good engine to match this car? I'm sorta on a budget, so fancy stuff like Nova can be outta of the queston. Oh, I'll also need pipes too.

Hope to get this thing up and running very soon!

Cheers~
os 5 port.....
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:05 PM   #1812
Tech Regular

look at the sts line of engines, very good quality and performance, and excellent prices
Old 06-07-2004, 05:58 AM   #1813
Tech Adept

Smile Radio Glitch

Hi Guys,

Finally fixed my radio glitch problem, or found a solution. Let me explain the problem again:

When I am on the straight the car I would accelerate slightly, however once in a while the car will go full throttle without warning, and I will have to slam on the brakes to stop it smashing into the barrier.

I have tried the following with no success, up to now:

1). Moved the antenna holder above the reciever.
2). Removed the top carbon fibre plate for the reciever.
3). Changed crystals
4). Changed Reciever
5). Tried my friends radio
6). Had my radio and receiver checked by a technician.

After exhausting all the above, I decided to move to reciever to front stiffner plate (shown in image) and thus removing the middle body post. Success at last the car is a dream to drive, and no glitches thus far.

Now I have a question, can you guys think of another place I can mount it, cos the currently place is too close to the fuel tank.

Thanks

Sami
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mounting.jpg (39.7 KB, 108 views)
ttektek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 04:50 PM   #1814
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default glitching?

Sami,
I run a Airtronics M8 with standar location for the receiver, and K factory alloy antenna/servo mount in standard position, and dont experience glitch like you have. Are you absolutley sure it is glitching? Because you say it only happens on the throttle side, correct? What if you are experiencing a fake lean? This means that the engine has too much air and not enough fuel, causing the engine to race uncontrollable, even with brakes applied. I have seen many racers adjust the low end to lean, and cause this. Other things that can cause this is a air leak, from possibly the carb, tank, or fuel line/filter. I personally had a fuel filter come loose allowing for air to come in but not letting fuel leak out. Go figure. I think that moving your receiver was just a coincidence, but I am not there, and only trying to resolve this online. But I am sure we can get it fixed.,. By the way what Radio/ receiver/ servos are you using? Also a personal transponder?
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #1815
Tech Adept

Hi Vr6vroom,

Here is what I am running a JR-R1 with the R330s reciever running SPCM, using Futaba 3001 (throttle) and Futaba 9550 low profile steering servo. I am not running a personal transponder.

I have tried 3 different engines, all tuned properly (as they work in other cars), and all experiencing the same problem. I have heard a few stories around the track about problems with the JR-R1 radio though.

Sami
ttektek is offline   Reply With Quote