Old 05-25-2004, 05:19 PM   #1756
Tech Regular

yeah, the nemesis looks really nice
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:03 PM   #1757
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Local trophy race

For anyone in the area willing to drive, check out my racing forum post. You wont be dissapointed.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:35 PM   #1758
Regional Moderator

Default GQ Asean Cup

Great results !!

5 G4 drivers qualified in A Main on a very tight competition.

70 entry, Heat result : pos. 1 - 17 in the same 17 laps. no. 2 - 6 in the same 5.07 (4 of them are G4's)
Pos 18 - 44 in the same 16 laps.

daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:18 PM   #1759
Tech Adept

Default Bearing Question

Hi guys,

As await my delivery of the new chassis after the big accident, I am took apart the whole car and am checking everything. When I was putting together the car I noticed that the bearing that sits on the side plate sticks out and cannot go in all the way. Its only on the side of the spur gears. Have a look at the pictures and tell me if its right. What I noticed was that the 2nd gear spur gear spins freely, which is not the same in my other cars, has anyone found this? is this a problem?

Thanks

Sami
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bearing.jpg (159.3 KB, 126 views)
ttektek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:24 PM   #1760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default Sami

The bearing should stick out a little so it is right. Your brake pulley looks like it needs to be moved to the right a bit.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #1761
Tech Adept

Thanks Mike,

Yeah the brake pulley is loose that is why is looks out of place.

Is the 2nd gear meant to spin freely?

Also is the meant to be alot of play on the rod? Cos I can move the whole assembly left and right.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:57 PM   #1762
Tech Regular

If you're not using the brake guide, you will notice more play on your 2 speed shaft.

I have added an additional flanged bearing in between the two speed assembly and the bearing that goes into the rear bulkhead. It really minimizes the play.

As for the two speed spinning freely, it sounds like the metal pin isn't installed. Its the one you put in after you put in the 2nd gear, then the two shoe assembly goes on top of the pin.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:40 PM   #1763
Tech Adept

Hi Aggdaddy,

What is the brake guide you are talking about?

I think I will add a another bearing as well to minimise the play.

Also I have put the pin in for the 2speed shoe, maybe I've got the wrong size? I'll check tonight and post some pictures.

Thanks

Sami
Old 05-26-2004, 08:00 PM   #1764
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by ttektek
Hi Aggdaddy,

What is the brake guide you are talking about?

I think I will add a another bearing as well to minimise the play.

Also I have put the pin in for the 2speed shoe, maybe I've got the wrong size? I'll check tonight and post some pictures.

Thanks

Sami
Its two little plastic pieces that fit onto the brake rotor and help keep it straight. The manual says to install it, but it isn't really necessary.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:15 AM   #1765
Tech Champion

Default Brake Guide

Aggdaddy the new Evo doesn't use the little guides anymore. They updated the shaft, and rotor. This is just one of the changes.I dont know if a flanged bearing is what I would have used for spacing. My Evo kit does not have a spacing issue.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 05-27-2004, 05:18 AM   #1766
Tech Champion

Default Spinning second?

Quote:
Originally posted by ttektek
Thanks Mike,

Yeah the brake pulley is loose that is why is looks out of place.

Is the 2nd gear meant to spin freely?

Also is the meant to be alot of play on the rod? Cos I can move the whole assembly left and right.
Well if the enigine is not installed, or the pinions removed the secong gear, spins free(one closest to the bulkhead). After You installed the engine and pinions, the rotational force of the 2speed clutch is what enages second gear.
I hope this helps

Old 05-28-2004, 12:23 PM   #1767
Tech Elite

Default GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND

the official racing season is starting, everyone make sure to update your race results with the g4. Let's show everyone how bad we beat the Mugens and Kyoshos.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:46 PM   #1768
Tech Regular

Im seriously considering getting the G4.RCNuts has them on Ebay for 290.00 shipped.I just dont know that much about them.I had a Mugen MTX-3 that I got rid of for stupid reasons,I think was the best car I had ever had.Now I have a NTC3 that I dont like very much.Im fixing it way to much.I swear I look at it and it breaks.Now I could get another MTX-3,but Im thinking i want to try something new.How does this car compare with my other two cars.At my track there are alot of MTX's so that would be most of my competition.What about parts?Who sells them in the US?Parts are a huge factor in my decision.Any input would be appreciated.
fordman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 12:55 PM   #1769
Tech Elite

Default Fordman

You will not be disappointed with this car. I am not allowed to advertise but look above and check out my site. IF you read the thread you will see what this car has become. It is getting very popular very fast even though there is not much advertising for it. I have a driver that drives a g4 for me and a mtx3 for someone else and he hates the mtx3 compared to the g4. He is used to the quality of serpent, etc and loves the g4.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:43 PM   #1770
Tech Regular

i too ran a ntc3 last year also, what a nightmare, moved to the G4 at the end of last season, the car is so easy to drive, can't recommend it highly enough.
get one ordered, you wont regret it.
i race in the uk so cant help with parts availability, but rc-nuts seem to be well stocked so you shouldn't have any problems,
i personnally bought a c-class and an e-class, and just restock the c-class as i use bits.
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote