R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-24-2004, 05:28 AM   #1741
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Mr. Bud

Quote:
Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
This car sucks. So i'm asking which car is better, the kyosho vone rr evo or the mugen mtx3.
Beauty is is in the eye of the beholder!

Remember this, if a factory driver such as Joel Johnson, Josh Cyrul, Astushi Hara, Ralph Burch, etc, etc, etc...... won the nitro worlds driving square tires and a brick for a body, you'd bet your ass monday mornig every hobby shop would be selling square tires, and nice new shiny bricks.
The TM G4 has every capability, that every other car out there has and thensome, it is a matter of patience, and TESTING. Anyone can a set a chassis to win. I personally have owned all the rest, now I have the BEST. It is that simple....

If you choose to bash the car, do it quietly, we dont need to here the SH#$ !!! We are dedicated user's of one of the finest tourers to date., sorry to see you are dissapointed.
But I must ask, are you bashing this car, because of radio problems?

And Nitropimp, if you sell your car who's avatar am I going to look at all night long? That's ashame, a brand new E-class never run. It's like having a race bred stallion in the stables, and never taught to walk. What a waste, but I wish you luck with you next adventure.

Remember, these are toy cars, we have fun with them then come back to reality on monday.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:54 AM   #1742
Tech Regular

Well said Vr6vroom.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:04 AM   #1743
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As I said before...ITS A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP...............as me n my bro always say 'WE LOVE OUR G4'..........
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:54 AM   #1744
Tech Addict

Quote:
Remember this, if a factory driver such as Joel Johnson, Josh Cyrul, Astushi Hara, Ralph Burch, etc, etc, etc...... won the nitro worlds driving square tires and a brick for a body, you'd bet your ass monday mornig every hobby shop would be selling square tires, and nice new shiny bricks.
well said..........

Quote:
And Nitropimp, if you sell your car who's avatar am I going to look at all night long? That's ashame, a brand new E-class never run. It's like having a race bred stallion in the stables, and never taught to walk. What a waste, but I wish you luck with you next adventure.
Don't worry we still have a G4 in the Family.... My son has one.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:56 AM   #1745
Tech Addict

Hey Sparx...... how's it going??? Winning any more races???
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:20 PM   #1746
Tech Regular

Nitropimp, don't leave!! Are you switching cars??? Thats great your going to give your son one though, keepin it in the family . Anyway, best of luck and drop by time to time and see whats up Later, and good luck
bballer

Pistons will win game 2
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:23 PM   #1747
Tech Regular

budlightnmyhand,
if you give up this soon with your 1st car, youll never have a car to drive!!! I recommend staying with the car at least until next season.
If you don't like the g4, i don't think you'll like much else
Old 05-24-2004, 07:27 PM   #1748
Tech Champion

Default RCNUT

I just got off of the phone with Mike, from RCNUTSHOBBIES, he is very pleasant to talk with and very knowledgable to your every G4 question. I wish him lots of luck in his future. Thanks for the help Mike. See ya trackside soon !
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 05-24-2004, 07:36 PM   #1749
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default vr6vroom

Raul, thanks for the compliment. check your email I forgot the part again.

Last edited by RCNUT; 05-25-2004 at 06:50 AM.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 05:08 AM   #1750
Tech Champion

Default ?

did I hit a wrong button or did RCTECH change the layout?

Old 05-25-2004, 05:10 AM   #1751
Tech Champion

Default oops

I did hit a wrong button!

Old 05-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #1752
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
Hey Sparx...... how's it going??? Winning any more races???
TQ in the last race, placed in 3rd after some real weird weather. The first 5 minutes it was dry, then it drizzled just a little to make the track slippery and then it was dry for about 5-10 minutes and then drizzle and so on for 45 minutes

I've tried many setups, such as springs. damper oils and those stuff. But everytime i've tried anything i come back to the original setup on oil and springs.

One thing i mounted to the car is the Kawahara Negative diff for V-One filled with Kyosho 50'000 wt oil (I had half 25'000 and half 50'000 in the original diff., made it possible to mount it by mounting it to a drill and took a file and let it loose on the end of the diff housing until it fitted in the bulkheads
The car got MUCH faster and responsive with this setup

I have made some body tests now also and i came to that the Mazda 6 is the fastest but it's kind of twitchy, Stratus 2.1 is a tiny little bit slower but much more stable on both straights and curves. PF Vauxhall Astra BTCC is kind of in the middle of Mazda and Stratus 2.1. Alfa 2.0 is just weird. Almost no rear traction and no steering some times, just weird..

Hope you understood my reply, i got a A+ on the last english test btw
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #1753
Tech Regular

Nice update Sparx I am running the stratus right now and it is a little slower, and was gonna try the alfa but after what you said i think ill go for the mazda 6
Old 05-25-2004, 05:05 PM   #1754
Tech Champion

Default bodies

Sparx,
I have tried every body out there currently. My favorites are the Mazda 6, MG, and the Alfa. I also am starting to like the new HPI Aero Stratus.

Has anyone seen the new Protoform Nemesis? It is only in 190mm right now, but I am sure it wont take long to make the 200mm one.

Old 05-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #1755
Tech Regular

Default Bodies

i found a similar problem with the alfa 2 body, seems to give you nothing, mainly just use stratus 1 and 2.1, think i will have to give the mazda 6 a try
www.DHmodelsport.co.uk
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote