Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 04:53 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: this is funny!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Vr6vroom
AFM, you should be like Nostradomus, if you were to read the last line in the quote you will see what I mean.!!
Yeah, i know what you mean. When I wrote that I was trying to get attention from TM about the biggest problem on the G4, and I think they heard me and .......voala......the G4 Evo came, but ........ they still have to come up with an Evo 2 with the steering change, and then i could call myself Houdini, jajajajajajaja.
AFM
Old 05-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default clutch nut

Guys, I have had a load of problems with my car today

Most of them I can fix except for one. My clutch nut won't stay in one place. It is a new K-factory clutch nut that purchased to replace my old one that I broke. Everytime I set the cluctch and drive it, I may get like seven laps or so before it tightens all the way down on the spring by itself. Then it won't accelerate, mainly because the clutch shoe can't engage. I have tried thread lock several times today and last resort was pipe tape (tape that plumbers use to locktite lead pipes) and that lasted a little longer but it still tightens down on the clutch spring on its own.

Has anybody had this same problem?
Old 05-23-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default clutch nut

i had a similar problem with a 1/8 serpent once, and spoke to a team driver about it, he told me too get a good size pair of pliers put them round the threads where the clutch nut goes, put some pressure on and chew the threads up slightly, don't go mad, i did this and never had the problem again.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: clutch nut

Originally posted by jas1
i had a similar problem with a 1/8 serpent once, and spoke to a team driver about it, he told me too get a good size pair of pliers put them round the threads where the clutch nut goes, put some pressure on and chew the threads up slightly, don't go mad, i did this and never had the problem again.
Cool, thanks Jas1. I think that should do it. I thought about roughening up the threads. I just wasn't sure how to do it effectively.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default First outing

Well here we go again. I ran the new Evo this weekend, and encountered a couple of things. The car inherently pushes from the kit settings, changed a few thing around, got a little more steering back, but in the struggle I man aged to bust a frt hub. Right now, lhs' dont stock G4 stuff, so my time was down. I ordered the GPM alloy frt and rear hubs, so this would not happen again.
Second, my 2 sp would not shift, according to the manual. I had to loosen the screws quite a bit before it shifted in a timely manor.

Third, with the K Fact belt, the drivetrain is amazing. I cannot beleive how smooth it is.
Last, the Arrows tires supplied in the kit are awesome, I would recommend everyone check them out. Call Brooklyn Hobbies for your needs.
I did not experience any steering binding issues as for now.

I am going to try lighter oil/spring combo. I also picked up the alloy servo mount/trans holder, my frt bulkhead loosened up after a couple of tanks. With the aluminum mount this should not happen, along with the frt layshaft mount. I will keep you all posted.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

This car sucks. So i'm asking which car is better, the kyosho vone rr evo or the mugen mtx3.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
This car sucks. So i'm asking which car is better, the kyosho vone rr evo or the mugen mtx3.
You're saying the G4 sucks?

Well you should probably post a new thread and ask your question.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

hello g4 driver,
have anyone a good solid axle setup for me, the grip on the track is good, and the track is bumpy
dieter
Old 05-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

what happened? Loose your patience with the G4?. Anyway both cars you mentioned are awesome. The V one RR Evo is a TANK. I was racing with my friend last week FOT around a turn got bumped the car smashes into a cement curb. Body rips into pieces. I'm thinking "ohhh no bent chasis car is gone" Walk over to it take off the clips "NOTHING" not a thing except the body was destroyed. I have the 4mm chasis and Kawahara front bumper piece. I mean my body post were a little loose but for an accident like that. I should have bent the chasis. Since the NEW "RRR" is coming out you might be able to find a RR Evo cheap.

The MTX-3 is an easy car to work with. Setup out of the box is awesome. The car handles like it's on rails. The MTX-3 Prospec is the latest version.

Good luck
Old 05-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Reposition on Antenna

Hi guys,

I have looked through the previous post and can't find any pictures or techniques on how to mount the antenna using the K-factory transporder mount, as anyone got pictures of it.

Thanks

Sami
Old 05-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

When is the new RRR coming out? Also i saw the prospect kit. Will i need to buy anything else besides that or are there upgrades i still need to get just like the ones you NEED to get with this fricken G4.

Mike
Old 05-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

"RRR" not sure yet. It depends some people run stock Mugen MTx-3 all the time. I'd get the MTX-3 Prospec it's hopped already. It's limited to only a 1000 pcs.

Well guys here's my G4 up for sale..............................

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...565#post895565
Old 05-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

I have looked through the previous post and can't find any pictures or techniques on how to mount the antenna using the K-factory transporder mount, as anyone got pictures of it.
I don't have the K factory one but this is how I was going to mount my antenna. That's how Joel Johnson did his......
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-dsc00260.jpg  
Old 05-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply,

Does anyone have a better side view of the positioning? because I can't seem to mount it thats all using the original reciever mount screws.

Thanks

Sami
Old 05-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
You're going to think both of those cars suck also if you think you can just thrash the hell out of them and expect them to survive 100%. There isn't a single "upgrade" required for the G4 out of the box if it is being set-up and driven even remotely correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.