R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-19-2004, 09:08 PM   #1636
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default almost done

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo7.jpg (76.3 KB, 82 views)
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #1637
Tech Champion

Default last one

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo8.jpg (59.3 KB, 89 views)
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

Old 05-19-2004, 09:22 PM   #1638
Tech Regular

Nice car Vr6.

What kind of shock springs are those?

Where's your body? We gotta see the shell
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:31 PM   #1639
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Vr6vroom, are those springs from TM......how does it compare to the stock springs...? I see you hve a lean mean racing machine...!!!!!!!!!!I'm too stuck on this car...let you share my experience on this car..... the first time me n my guys..total 4 of us...were in our local race...the 4 of us qualified in the top 6....our best drivers TQ n broke the fastest lap record set by a previous racer using the G4.......and we had abt a week of hands on driving with this car..as all of us had a day job...we were practicing like 2 hrs max for that week...but it really showed the results....as for me I used to barely make it to the B mains but hey there's always a first time...
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:33 PM   #1640
Tech Elite

we were using only the OS 5 port turbo......
Old 05-19-2004, 09:35 PM   #1641
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggdaddy
Nice car Vr6.

Aggdaddy, are you using the K factory 4mm chassis.....how does the car handles with the extra weight...any noticeable difference....?
Old 05-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #1642
Tech Champion

Default Springs

Quote:
Nice car Vr6.

The springs are Team Magic for sure. I am in the process of painting the ultra fast looking, ultra cool looking good old fashion WHITE HPI Aero Stratus II. I just finished building the car, made my holes in the body today. I ll have to take car, in not letting the white blend together(hehehehehe). If you cannot find parts for the G4 EVO check out Brooklynhobbies.com, he has them all , tell him I sent ya!

Old 05-19-2004, 09:40 PM   #1643
Tech Champion

Default My second G4

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
Aggdaddy, are you using the K factory 4mm chassis.....how does the car handles with the extra weight...any noticeable difference....?
Vone, this here is my second G4 , my first was decked out to the gills with K Factory stuff. The 4mm chassis is definetly a improvement, but the EVO chassis has also change SLIGHTLY. I would recommend the K Factory Chassis, but if you are one a budget( I know that is a bad word), check out the EVO chassis.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:43 PM   #1644
Tech Elite

Default Re: My second G4

Quote:
Originally posted by Vr6vroom
Vone, this here is my second G4 , my first was decked out to the gills with K Factory stuff. The 4mm chassis is definetly a improvement, but the EVO chassis has also change SLIGHTLY. I would recommend the K Factory Chassis, but if you are one a budget( I know that is a bad word), check out the EVO chassis.
no worries bro...........my only concern is the weight increase from the 4mm chassis...... any comments on the springs u r using ? planning to drop by my LHS for the TM springs...
Old 05-19-2004, 10:02 PM   #1645
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by vones

Dunno, haven't even driven it yet. Just collecting dust

But I plan to race this weekend. I just dread the thought of scratching the chassis.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:27 PM   #1646
Tech Fanatic

Vr6room... Nice looking ride.... What motor is that??? Picco??? How does it compare with a Novarossi line of motor.. ie.. NS3??? Have you ran that motor in your car yet? G4 owners... The K-Factory and 3-racing 4mm chassis do add extra weight to the car... Your cars will feel quicker with the stock chassis and alittle faster, but the upside is that both K-factory and 3-racing 4m chassis are way more durable and you won't have any cracks in your chassis like you'll find with the stock one... If you haven't seen one yet... You will... They develope all in the same spot... I had someone ask me which car do I think is more durable the Mugen MTX3 or the G4... I said with a few hop-ups hands down the G4 is more durable over all except for the one flaw TM is now working on... Remember, those low friction belts are nice but they loose there teeth very quickly... Buy the Kyosho belts and you'll almost never have a belt issue... Just a few tips... Happy racing this weekend everyone...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:36 PM   #1647
Tech Elite

Quote:
Dunno, haven't even driven it yet. Just collecting dust

But I plan to race this weekend. I just dread the thought of scratching the chassis.
LOL.....nvm...shipped it to me n I'll give you a full report on handling... kidding....don't put other makes to shame, will you........
Old 05-19-2004, 10:39 PM   #1648
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
Vr6room... Nice looking ride.... What motor is that??? Picco??? How does it compare with a Novarossi line of motor.. ie.. NS3??? Have you ran that motor in your car yet? G4 owners... The K-Factory and 3-racing 4mm chassis do add extra weight to the car... Your cars will feel quicker with the stock chassis and alittle faster, but the upside is that both K-factory and 3-racing 4m chassis are way more durable and you won't have any cracks in your chassis like you'll find with the stock one... If you haven't seen one yet... You will... They develope all in the same spot... I had someone ask me which car do I think is more durable the Mugen MTX3 or the G4... I said with a few hop-ups hands down the G4 is more durable over all except for the one flaw TM is now working on... Remember, those low friction belts are nice but they loose there teeth very quickly... Buy the Kyosho belts and you'll almost never have a belt issue... Just a few tips... Happy racing this weekend everyone...

RC_Alan
Thks alan......durablity wise I think the stock G4 is better compare to stock MTX-3
Old 05-19-2004, 10:54 PM   #1649
Tech Regular

Default Steering Servo Ball Cup Hitting the Right Bulkhead

I am having problems with the steering servo ball cup hitting the right bulkhead. I read an earlier posting that said to shave the bulkhead 1-2mm. I did that but there is still not enough room. I am using a Hitec HS-5945MG servo. If I file the bulkhead anymore I will hit the hinge pin set screw.

Thanks for the help
JoeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:32 PM   #1650
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i filed mines that low and its fine, i still think that mine rubs a lil.

as for chassis i say get 4 mm if you dont want it to end up like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga0005.jpg (53.9 KB, 100 views)
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote