R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-13-2004, 07:10 AM   #1531
Tech Regular

Nitro pimp your G4 looks hopped up as hell. I see that you have the aluminum things near your wheels ( i can't remember what they are called) Do those help. My plastic ones seem a little tight sometimes
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:00 AM   #1532
Tech Fanatic

No RCNUT... I'm still around, although I am driving a new car, I still have 1 G4 as well... As for steering mod updates, has anyone heard from Nickko from TM about any updates yet??? Funny, Team Associated just revised the rear of the NTC3 to make it better and more durable... Serpent is always doing some new to there cars to make them better... The G4 is very nice car, and even though Trinity has cut ties with TM, the Car is still a hella of a nice car to drive and own. Sorry, haven't posted lately, got alot of other things going on at this time.... Comparing the new car I'm driving with the G4, the G4 is easier to drive nice and easy... but the other car was design to attack the track from all angles.... That's not to say the G4 can't attack any track, is just that the steering ackerman does not allow your to truly attack a race course the way I would like my car too... And as for the other steering issue, I'm just dealing with it as it comes... Guys, I'm not giving up yet... Just waiting for a fix or an update from TM or someone... Happy racing

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:06 AM   #1533
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Serpent updates their cars because they make a new car every year.

It took Associated about 2 years to update the car, and it's still got the drivetrain issue.

The first complaint about the g4 steering on here was a couple months ago. And you want an update already?

My stock steering has worked perfect since I put it in. You just gotta build it right... And not hitting stuff helps, lol
pimpedaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:11 AM   #1534
Tech Regular

rc_alan, nice to see you again, hope youre doing well
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:14 AM   #1535
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCNUT
Default Rc-Alan

Pm me and let me know what you are driving now. I am curious plus I am expanding to support other cars too.

I took a look at the g4 evo manual and there does not appear to be any updates except for the new added parts(universals, steering saver etc). It does say in assembling the front bulkhead:

"PLEASE ADJUST THE RAIL MOUNTS TO MAKE THE SERVO SAVER MOVEMENT A LITTLE BIT TIGHT & NO EXCESS PLAY. A LITTLE BIT STRESS & TIGHTNESS WIL MAKE THE STEERING SMOOTHER. STRANGE, BUT IS IS TRUE FOR THIS SYSTEM"

I don't know how smart that was considering how easy overtighening the rails can kill your steering servo. I did not get to look at any of the new parts since the bags are foil and sealed.
RCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:20 AM   #1536
Tech Regular

Aggdaddy, nice setup system
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:58 AM   #1537
Tech Addict

Quote:
your G4 looks hopped up as hell. I see that you have the aluminum things near your wheels ( i can't remember what they are called) Do those help. My plastic ones seem a little tight sometimes
Budlightinmyhand- They're GPM aluminum hubs from RCMart- They look cool and the way I break hubs on walls they can only help. As for your hubs being tight. Get a dremel and some polishing compound and polish your pillow balls. That should free up some bind. IF you get May issue of RC Car Driver you'll see Joel Johnson's G4 and some pro tips you can do to your G4. If not..... go back about 10 pages and you'll see my post. good luck

Rc_alan- good to hear from you.. You got PM

Aggdaddy- It actually just started for oval Nascar Nitro. Most guys that run the paved oval run RC10 conversions truck class, Late model sedans for nitro. Our track is small and very technical track for on road. But's it's cool and close. Here is the www http://www.deltarc.com/

Last edited by Nitropimp; 05-13-2004 at 10:20 AM.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:51 PM   #1538
Tech Fanatic

pimpedaccord... Not sure who you are and don't really care... As I do recall your buddy was removed from this site last month for making immature/volgor comments on this thread... Your jokes... Are jokes... Nuff said. Anyways... Thanks for the love guys, I'm driving both the Mugen MTX3 and TM G4... I really hate to comment like this here about people's posts... I think you all know where I'm going with this... Everyone have a great weekend at the track and Holla back...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:01 PM   #1539
Tech Addict

Budlightinmyhand- this was the original post on the Joel Johnson article.

1. Polish the Hinge Pins and Pivot Balls. Use a dremel and some polishing compound and buff those babyís out.

2. Make sure suspension arm is free from binds. To test your assembly for binding, remove the shocks and see if the suspension arms fall under their own weight. If they donít, youíve got some freeing up to do. And then he tells you how to free up binds ie..hinge pins..

3. Smoother belts. This was one I never heard. Soak all your drive belts in WD-40 24 to 48 hours before a race. Free spinning drive train is the key to speed.

4. Drive cup wear prevention. Basically what he says is to put some grease in the pins of the CVDís or Uniís

5. This is good one especially on the G4. Change the Chasis Phillips head screws to a 4-40 Hex head screws.

6. Save weight with aluminum hardware. I.e. Aluminum screws on servoís, aluminum hop ups etcÖ

7. Low CG Servo Mounting. Basically mount the servo as low as possible by putting it under the radio tray-NOT on the top. Donít let it hit the chasis because this could lead to servo failure.

8. Lower the engine. Use Low CG motor mounts.

9. Sand the edges of graphite parts and put CA glue over the edge. Iíve heard of this tip from other proís.

10. This is going to hard to describe. I use zip ties on my other Nitro cars but this is pretty cool. Maybe I can take pic (I donít have scanner) with my camera to show you guys this. But basically use two long Zip ties and go from the gas tank through the engine ending at the back underneath the rear body post mount.

11. Use an electric car motor pinion gear for your brake adjustments.

12. Less fuel line, have the same volume. This tip was interesting Iím old school have tons fuel tubing for fuel pressure. But Joel saying use a volume increasing canister or a big fuel filter and gut it.

13. Set your endpoints on your radio properly. Can damage your servoís with servo bind.

14. Servo Linkage setup. Keep your linkage perpendicular to the servo arm as much as possible.

15. Fuel proof your on/off switch. Use a switch cover.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #1540
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
pimpedaccord... Not sure who you are and don't really care... As I do recall your buddy was removed from this site last month for making immature/volgor comments on this thread... Your jokes... Are jokes... Nuff said. Anyways... Thanks for the love guys, I'm driving both the Mugen MTX3 and TM G4... I really hate to comment like this here about people's posts... I think you all know where I'm going with this... Everyone have a great weekend at the track and Holla back...

RC_Alan
Yeah pimpedaccord you be quite!

Muppets rule!
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:17 PM   #1541
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

here some pics after my crash
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga0008.jpg (72.4 KB, 133 views)
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:17 PM   #1542
Tech Regular

more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga0009.jpg (60.3 KB, 117 views)
Old 05-13-2004, 09:18 PM   #1543
Tech Regular

and yet more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga0005.jpg (53.9 KB, 89 views)
Old 05-13-2004, 09:18 PM   #1544
Tech Regular

more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga0007.jpg (51.8 KB, 91 views)
Old 05-13-2004, 09:19 PM   #1545
Tech Regular

What did you do? jump off a ramp at WOT?

That thing is toast.
Aggdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote