R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-24-2003, 07:15 AM   #136
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Talking

Thanks guys.

I will search for the GREEN o-rings in the kit.

Also, did anyone else notice when putting on the front sway bar how the screw holes don't align exactly on the blue Alum. holder that has the eccentric? I really noticed it when I was putting the That side's lower suspension arm on (hinge pin is very tight on that side) and the front brace.
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:15 AM   #137
Tech Adept

Its good to start seeing some feedback on the performance of the new car. I will be trying mine out again this saturday at our club race. I am also going to try a new servo on my throttle and see if I have the same problems.

As for gearing on the car the pitch is .08. I believe they went with this pitch so that they could use larger pinions, because here in the midwest the nitro tracks are pretty big and at last years nats in cinci the mugen guys were saying that they needed larger pinions, thats also why the mtx-3 has the .08 gear option.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:23 AM   #138
Tech Rookie

Where are you getting parts for the G4? Horizon (the company my local hobby shop buys from) shows one item for parts with no ship date! If you break an arm or something, where can you get a replacement right now?
Reflex Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:17 AM   #139
Tech Adept

you can order the parts directly from trinity on their website. I beleive they use something called shoptron, which may be a foreign source.
mrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:22 AM   #140
Tech Rookie

Quote:
you can order the parts directly from trinity on their website. I beleive they use something called shoptron, which may be a foreign source.
I realize they are listed, but have you actually tired to get any parts yet? From my understanding, they have yet to be released.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Old 07-24-2003, 10:28 AM   #141
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Most of the parts are out you can order them from the Trinity's Website..
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:06 PM   #142
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Reflex Driver
I realize they are listed, but have you actually tired to get any parts yet? From my understanding, they have yet to be released.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
The Border Online shop has every part for the G4 in stock now, also all optionals that have been released. Not all optionals are released by Team Magic....

Link to G4 parts
herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #143
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by mrodney
As for gearing on the car the pitch is .08. I believe they went with this pitch so that they could use larger pinions, because here in the midwest the nitro tracks are pretty big and at last years nats in cinci the mugen guys were saying that they needed larger pinions, thats also why the mtx-3 has the .08 gear option.
Yes, you are right. But while the MTX-3 0.8 gearing was made to cater for high speed tracks, it also has provisions for smaller and tight type of tracks which is evident from the high final drive ratios maintained from the 1.0 gearing.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:45 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally posted by mrodney
[B
As for gearing on the car the pitch is .08. I believe they went with this pitch so that they could use larger pinions, because here in the midwest the nitro tracks are pretty big and at last years nats in cinci the mugen guys were saying that they needed larger pinions, thats also why the mtx-3 has the .08 gear option. [/B]
Here in the midwest that's the first thing you need to know about a car is what the lowest numerical ration for 2nd gear is. A lot of cars can't handle Cincy. With the track changes they've made it's harder on fuel than before. You need 4.4 to run less than 61 mm tires
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:50 PM   #145
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Can you fill me in on what the final drive ratio is on the NT1000 Reflex by chance? I switched motors from my Serpents to my Reflex, using the same clutch & pinions and the Reflex accelerates much harder with a loss of top end speed. I am 100% sure the reflex is geared higher (numerically speaking) but I am curious as to what the gearing is exactly.
The Reflex uses the same internal pulleys as the Kyosho V1RR which turns out to be 2.53 for the internal drive ratio. I may be wrong about the stock pinions and spurs on the Reflex but if it's the same as 16T/20T pinions and 48T/44T spurs as the V1RR, then you're getting 7.58 for the 1st gear and 5.56 for the 2nd gear final drive ratios.

On the Impulse or 705 using Centax pinions, the stock gearing 16T/19T pinions and 49T/45T spurs will give you 6.53 (versus 7.58) for the 1st gear and 4.74 (versus 5.56) for the 2nd gear final drive ratios. The Impulse / 705 has an internal drive ratio of 2 (versus 2.53 on the Reflex). That explains why the Reflex accelerates harder and that it looses top end speed.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:07 PM   #146
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by OB42TC3
You need 4.4 to run less than 61 mm tires
Impressive, but I think that figure applies to NTC3 without a Centax clutch. The normal 2 or 3 shoe clutch does not grab as efficiently as a Centax clutch and I would think the G4 with a lowest 2nd gear ratio of 4.65 should be OK on a track like Cincy.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:38 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Impressive, but I think that figure applies to NTC3 without a Centax clutch. The normal 2 or 3 shoe clutch does not grab as efficiently as a Centax clutch and I would think the G4 with a lowest 2nd gear ratio of 4.65 should be OK on a track like Cincy.
It's OK with bigger tires but not the smaller tires. The changes also add a lot of throttle time, it basically has 3 straights now. There's just 3 cars that can get 4.4 now I think(NTC3, R12, LD3)
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 11:28 PM   #148
Tech Rookie

Quote:
The Reflex uses the same internal pulleys as the Kyosho V1RR which turns out to be 2.53 for the internal drive ratio. I may be wrong about the stock pinions and spurs on the Reflex but if it's the same as 16T/20T pinions and 48T/44T spurs as the V1RR, then you're getting 7.58 for the 1st gear and 5.56 for the 2nd gear final drive ratios.
Thanks Much. I appreciate that very much. If I may ask, where did you get that info from? Is there a site out there that has all the popular car ratios or something?

Thanks again!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:38 PM   #149
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by OB42TC3
There's just 3 cars that can get 4.4 now I think(NTC3, R12, LD3)
I don't know about R12 or the LD3 but don't forget to include the 705 too
Old 07-24-2003, 11:45 PM   #150
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Thanks Much. I appreciate that very much. If I may ask, where did you get that info from? Is there a site out there that has all the popular car ratios or something?
Anytime. A forum like this is a useful place to get information. I don't think there's a website listing gear ratios of all popular cars. However, you can go to the various manufacturer sites to get most of the information you need.

The basic thing you need to do is to know what internal pulleys are in the car's drivetrain and what pinions and spurs are available to that car. Once you know all that, calculating the final drive ratios is pretty simple