R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Default Are you kidding

Somebody said that all RTR cars don’t have all the adjustments of a “serious” racing chassis.

Take a look at a set-up sheet for a Kyosho Inferno GT, is that enough adjustability?

Check the area where you're going for "Rally Game" events.
Attached Thumbnails
Nitro crash course!-yea.jpg  
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #32
Tech Apprentice

Hi Jspeed,

THAT INFERNO GT IS AMAZING!!!! I was watching a few vidoes on youtube and this car looks sick. I have a few questions for you though:

-What tires does it use?(1:8 buggy?????)
-Approx. how long does a tank of gas last you?
-It is based on a buggy chassis so it can dive in grass or gravel right?
-Are there any upgrades needed to kick ass in a tournament with it or is a stock good enough?

luismx123
luismx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Default Crash Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismx123 View Post
Hi Jspeed,

THAT INFERNO GT IS AMAZING!!!! I was watching a few vidoes on youtube and this car looks sick. I have a few questions for you though:

-What tires does it use?(1:8 buggy?????)
-Approx. how long does a tank of gas last you?
-It is based on a buggy chassis so it can dive in grass or gravel right?
-Are there any upgrades needed to kick ass in a tournament with it or is a stock good enough?

luismx123
It’s true the Kyosho Inferno GT is amazing.
This car can run on almost anything.

Kyosho makes 3 different Shore rubber slicks for the car for track use.

Some of the “Rally Game” tracks a just parking lots and the asphalt looks very rough on the videos, so you’ll need to find out what they’re using over there.

Last weekend, I raced a GT on a hi-banked Nitro Dirt Oval track and it was a blast.

Depending on driving style you’ll get between 5-7 minutes of run time between fill-ups.

As far as upgrades, the car is fine “stock” but if you want to upgrade the car, there tons of Kyosho race options for the Off Road version that will make the GT car almost totally indestructible.

Enjoy!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #34
Tech Apprentice

Hey Jspeed,

Um you ay that a tank only lasts about 5-7 mins. That kinda sucks cause it will cost me alot! Most nitro cars last 10-20 mins on a full tank.

About the surfaces, um I would start out backyard bashing on a rough road(still paved) but the track which is close to me has a fine asphalt road and is flat as a pancake. I would think that it has alot of grip.

A few questions that I have are on tuning:
-When do you stiffen the suspension?
-What adjustments do you need to do on a dirt road and a asphalt road?
-What happens if I do the opposite of what I should do to tune the settings on the car in terms of suspension, throttle control, brakes, etc?
-What can you adjust on the Inferno GT in which I mean roll centers, suspension, sway bars and so on?
-How does the adjustable arms help you and what setting should you use for what surface and purpose?

luismx123
Old 09-05-2007, 10:33 AM   #35
Tech Adept

20 minutes with a nitro car???!!!!
Which car is that??!!!!!
Ramiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Luis:

You got it right, get the HPI or Kysosho as a start to build the skills you need for later racing. The Inferno is a new approach to buggy!! on road racing. It's a big car and the handling is differrent thant 1/10th due to the added ride height and using a .21 engine. Off course it can run on anything because it uses bigger tires and longer shocks as opposed to the 1/10th on road KITS.

Go with what your local shops will support until you find sites that you can order parts from out in Austria. You have afew months to play with before moving. Go get something now.
SasonRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Default Crash Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismx123 View Post
Hey Jspeed,

Um you ay that a tank only lasts about 5-7 mins. That kinda sucks cause it will cost me alot! Most nitro cars last 10-20 mins on a full tank.

About the surfaces, um I would start out backyard bashing on a rough road(still paved) but the track which is close to me has a fine asphalt road and is flat as a pancake. I would think that it has alot of grip.

A few questions that I have are on tuning:
-When do you stiffen the suspension?
-What adjustments do you need to do on a dirt road and a asphalt road?
-What happens if I do the opposite of what I should do to tune the settings on the car in terms of suspension, throttle control, brakes, etc?
-What can you adjust on the Inferno GT in which I mean roll centers, suspension, sway bars and so on?
-How does the adjustable arms help you and what setting should you use for what surface and purpose?

luismx123
Wow,

That is a lot of questions.

As far as run time, when you’re racing flat out on a track you’ll never get more than 7 mins on a tank in any car unless you strap a gallon on the car. If you drive easy a tank could last longer, but racing means full throttle and that always burns fuel.

Most of the people racing these cars just put 80wt shock oil in and go.

Set-up is a science that has many variables and every driver likes different things. If you want a better understanding of set-ups and what to expect from changes, Virtual RC is a great learning tool.

There are also online articles on the subject, I’d search for Art Carbonell’s information, he is the living legend of our sport.

The bottom line is the Kyosho Inferno GT will run on gravel, dirt or pavement right out of the box.

As you begin to gain experience and knowledge the car will grow with you.

The platform is versatile and it shows in its World Championship Winning Heritage.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to m0thertruckah1

jspeed where do u race your igt?i still didnt break mine in ..but im planning on changing my engine..are u still using your stock engine?
anyway luis youll like the gt ,i just noticed tho,since your just going to bash why do u asked for set ups..if im just bashin i wouldnt even care..im just curious..ive raced offroads but i never cared about my set ups..its because i just race for fun ..i just added hopups on my rs4 when i had it but nothin serious on set ups and adjustability and i think whatever u adjust or set up on your electrics will be the same on nitro.the only change u have is electric to nitro..maybe its just me.but youre in the right track..
m0thertruckah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Default Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasonRC View Post
Luis:

You got it right, get the HPI or Kysosho as a start to build the skills you need for later racing. The Inferno is a new approach to buggy!! on road racing. It's a big car and the handling is differrent thant 1/10th due to the added ride height and using a .21 engine. Off course it can run on anything because it uses bigger tires and longer shocks as opposed to the 1/10th on road KITS.

Go with what your local shops will support until you find sites that you can order parts from out in Austria. You have afew months to play with before moving. Go get something now.
The Kyosho Inferno GT comes with a .28 engine!
Can you say Bigger Big Block, kind of like the 1960’s when you could get a 428 in a Mustang?

The car handles different because of it's 500mm!

Last edited by Jspeed; 09-05-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Default Nitro

[QUOTE=m0thertruckah1;3644984]jspeed where do u race your igt?i still didnt break mine in ..but im planning on changing my engine..are u still using your stock engine?QUOTE]

I was driving one on a “Nitro Dirt Oval” with an “Outlaw” body on it last weekend with the stock engine.

Dude, don’t just junk the motor, it’s a .28, fire that monkey up, break it in on 20% then pull the head off add some shim action and run it on 30% Nitro. It will crank out some decent power, you’ll be surprised.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #41
Tech Apprentice

Hey mothertrucker

Um I'm askng about hopups becuase I want to get it faster for compitition.

About the tires for the IGT, where can I purchase them cause my LHS only sell 1/8 buggy tires. Would those work on the IGT?

luismx123
Old 09-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #42
Tech Addict

look for 1/8 buggy onroad tires/wheels.i heard ofna gtp wheels works.luis for more info on inferno gt http://infernogt.proboards102.com/ check this out ..whats the outlaw body?im planning on slapping a rossi or rb engine on it..
Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #43
Tech Apprentice

Hey mothertuckah,

Why do you want to buy a new engine for the IGT, I mean it has a 4.2 or 4.5cc engine(can't realy remember). Isn't that enough power for it?

luismx123
Old 09-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #44
Tech Addict

im just bored hehehe..i want something like a high end engine..
Old 09-07-2007, 07:30 AM   #45
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

I've been thinking lately about the Inferno GT. It seems that it's also made for Rally type racing.
Has anyone come up with an idea of how to stop the dirt from being flung into the body? I'm thinking of using a PVC pipe probably about 2.5" long(not diameter), cutting it in half(length wise) and using it as a mud guard. I would use a glue gun to stick it on.

If anyone knows any manufacturers of mudguards please tell me.

luismx123