Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
R40/JL PICCO RED DOT/OFNA STARTERBOX PROBLEM?? >

R40/JL PICCO RED DOT/OFNA STARTERBOX PROBLEM??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R40/JL PICCO RED DOT/OFNA STARTERBOX PROBLEM??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default R40/JL PICCO RED DOT/OFNA STARTERBOX PROBLEM??

Wasnt sure which forum to post this in, so I started one. Just dropped the Picco Red Dot in my R40. Got the purple OFNA starterbox:http://www.ofna.com/images/st-sb-10255-big.jpg
. Trying to get this phucker started and the thing doesnt seem to be lining up. I have switched the wheel around and back to the default set-up, no luck. This is the first on-road for me (to be powereded up by a starterbox) and I am at wits end. The flywheel is the one that comes with the R40 stock if that give people any idea of what might be wrong. And please, dont dis my R40, just helpful tips please...thanks.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Take the engine out and line up the wheel on the starter box so it is centered in the opening for the flywheel.

Now install the positioning pegs on the starter box so your car will stay in place.

Make sure the starter motor engages before it comes through the chassis opening.... there is a screw that will adjust this- located near the "contact plate" inside the starter box.

Make sure the starter wheel turns toward the front of the car so that the engine will start in the right direction.

Re-install your engine and give it a go
Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Thanks man, I'll do that right now. Wish me luck. I am looking to beat Fastharry and need all of the tips of the tradewishful thinking I know, but I do want thuis puppy to "ROAR".
Old 08-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

It worked. Still lines up a little funny, but it worked. Now, to get this puppy tuned. Thanks!