Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default What Car?

I have about $500 to spend on a car and i was wondering if you guys had an suggestions.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjkiller
I have about $500 to spend on a car and i was wondering if you guys had an suggestions.
Check out my Web site for info on the top 5 cars. While each car is quite capable, each has it's pros and cons. Local parts support is good to have, but not essential.

Also, are you just going to be bashing around or participating in organized racing? If you're going to be racing, my recommendation would be to go with one of the top 5.

If your budget is limited to just $500, you may want to save up a bit more or buy used. There are a lot of good deals in the for sale thread or on eBay if you are patient.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey buddy,

For that price range, you have a lot of choices. Mugen, Kyosho, Serpent, and Team Magic. It all depends on what you like to drive. Also, does your $500 include a power plant for your car??
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

i would choose one of the top 5 that your LHS has part's availible for .....
Old 08-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default $500 Dollar Budget

I’d check with your local tracks to see if they’re running the Kyosho Inferno GT RTR cars. They're also in the $400 dollar price range.

There are a lot of “Spec” classes popping up at many tracks using these cars.

For $500 dollar range, the top 5 will buy you a chassis kit, and then you’ll need to buy a motor and everything else.

You could also look into the Team Magic G4s RTR. I think it’s in that price range too. The TM car just won a big race in Europe a week or 2 ago.

Good luck, hope you get what is right for you!

Last edited by Jspeed; 08-28-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
moy
Tech Master

1/10 or 1/8?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

i am thinking of doing the same thing my price range is abit larger but still loking to spend about the same my exact budget will be $1100 AUD was seriously considering the gpx4 from hobao at 599 AUD which in USD is about 20% less (exchange rate) comes rtr with hyper .12 engine aparently race legal (aus/ local track rules) ne who im just curious am i on a winner here or should i look else where
Old 08-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by khubner
i am thinking of doing the same thing my price range is abit larger but still loking to spend about the same my exact budget will be $1100 AUD was seriously considering the gpx4 from hobao at 599 AUD which in USD is about 20% less (exchange rate) comes rtr with hyper .12 engine aparently race legal (aus/ local track rules) ne who im just curious am i on a winner here or should i look else where
As some will tell you, get the car that is best supported by your local hobby shop or in which parts are easily obtained by your local hobby shop. The Xray NT1 is the flavor of the month right now but you can't go wrong with the Mugen MTX4, Serpent 720, Kyosho V one RRR, or Team Magic G4. Also, it would be helpful to go with a car that fellow racers at the track can help you with as far as setups for the track are concerned.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I think the #1 thing to look at is availablity of parts. Nothing is more frustrating then being on the shelf for extended amounts of time because you can't find a simple part to replace.

www.rcglowplugs.com
Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

as far as the lhs is concerned this car is the bees knees you could build the above metioned vehicle from spare parts at the storei went out to the local track recently and would you beleive it some one is selling the same car advertised at the track so im sure there are some people with it