R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Airtronics M8 Glitching..

My M8 transmitter never been dropped or fell over or anything like that, my problem is if i bumb my radio with my hand or set it down, or lay it down the radio beeps once then my servos on the car glitches for a second then its normal again, thanks all help is appreciated guys...

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow"...
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i had the same problem with my M8. My friend figured it out though. Turns out, that over time the springs in the battery tray, which hold the batteries in place, loose their tension and therefore no longer make a strong and dependable connection. So what you need to do is remove the battery tray and remove the springs. Try your best to stretch out the springs without damaging them. You want to make sure they hold the batteries firmly in place. This should fix your problem.
You can also make your own battery pack in place of the tray.
Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

put electrical tape around your battery tray. then slide it back in. this makes the radio tray about 0.1mm thicker

it will make the fit inside the radio heaps nice.

previosly my radio tray used to fall out when i had it on an angle.... now i dont even need the radio cover and the tray wont even slide out.
SkeeryJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

I lost a novamega engine and half a car because of this problem. I just got an m11 after 2 attempts to fix this problem, first, I did the electrical tape thing, it makes the battery stay a little more steady, but it still wobbled. I ended up putting a bit of that thick course fabric stuff for putting on the bottom of table/chair feet on the inside of the back battery cover, that held the battery against the plug, but then the cover became sloppy. it's a pretty bad design that has been solved with the m11.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Default M8GLITCHING...

Thanks guys for all the help, Yo Perez i tried your remedy and it fix the problem right away, thanks bro i appreciate all of you guys help, gonna try that thick stuff to keep the battery pack stable also...

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow"...
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

I also encountered some clitches but I made some batteries stick packs for the M8 and the problem is solved. There is another benefit that you can use 9 batteries (1,2v) in a stick pack for the M8. After this no more glitches
Team Wijchen is offline   Reply With Quote