R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Mugen R2 STARTER BOX

Yo fellas, i have a mugen r2 starter box my problem is i race both classes 1/8th mrx4r and sedan mtx4 my problem is the starter box doesnt fit both cars with the pegs and all, do i have to set the box up differently for each car every time i race or is there a box that will accomadate both cars with now adjusting pegs. All help will be appreciated thanks...

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow"...
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Do what we did many of us... make two holes on the aluminium with a 2.9mm drill bit and stick the one you're not using on those holes.

Using the plastic peg that come with the cars and adjusting the ends for the MRX4 is enough. I used all two cars on the same morning only switching the plastic peg.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Yo fellas, i have a mugen r2 starter box my problem is i race both classes 1/8th mrx4r and sedan mtx4 my problem is the starter box doesnt fit both cars with the pegs and all, do i have to set the box up differently for each car every time i race or is there a box that will accomadate both cars with now adjusting pegs. All help will be appreciated thanks...

Everybody I know just has two starter boxes. It is more costly, but in the end it is much easier to just have a box for each car.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Default R2 starter box

Course R,
Do you have pics of your box so i can see what your talking about, the 2.9 drill hole i dont understand, thanks..

Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 AM   #5
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
This is what I've done to fit both cars on the box. All I had to do is trim down the front mount.

Chris

Last edited by Boz; 11-09-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Default R2

Boz,

So the front mount the one that makes both cars work, and the rear pegs are for both cars as well, or are they there just as guides?.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

trim the front mount down a bit and use the rear as a guide. The MRX will fit perfect and the MTX needs to be pushed to the right when starting

Boz
Boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Default R2

Thanks bro, i really appreciate it, cant wait to try it out....