R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendude View Post
we in south florida need to have all the tracks communicate with each other so three tracks arent having club races on the same day that way all the races will get more racers attending
My name is Yohan, and I'm running (at least trying) the nice Coral Springs, FL on-road track. We are practicing every Sunday from 9am-6pm, and we welcome all hard core drivers to come out and show what you can do...we have electric TC drivers 10.5BL and Mod BL comming out to practice and hone their skills, as well as some 1/12 scalers, Recoil, and F103GT and wide mod pancars...

New track layout sure to die for, and we'll be running races in about 2 months, once we raise a few more dollars for extra equipment...but for now, its a great place to come and run, work on your set up, and compete...

If you got something that runs- bring it...we have a nice gorup of guys who like to learn and teach waht they know and enjoy the comradery and comtetiveness and learning each Sunday...Come out and run!!!

We expect to see the legenday Bowser brothers, A. lopez, Maxy Velazco, and other high profile south Florida drivers show up and help us out with their skills and knowledge and support...

So come out this Sunday and experience a nice track and fun and competitive emviroment for all us!

For comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me...if you aint showin' up, dont bother

Yohan
954-643-0209
[email protected]
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickPonYracing View Post
just a thought but maybe you should go out and help the track owners and help setup and run the track not just look for the easy way to race and haul before it gets put up and takin care of for the next time out.. or just buy a radio shack car or recoil and play in a 75 foot circle.. i think there are too many talkers and no workers in that area...
How many ppl in your track help out TrickPonYracing. I understand what you are saying but thats not realistic. People pay to run at the track..
HulkNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Are there any tracks in the Miami are that are open for practice or are they just for big races only?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

none in miami that I am aware of....

I live in Miami Lakes and have been to Village a few times.
sinisterRC - High Performance R/C
sinisterRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Are there any tracks in the Miami are that are open for practice or are they just for big races only?
You are more than welcome to come out to Homestead. It is a bit far for many people I understand but the track is great. We are currently trying out a new track layout and everyone is loving it. We have open practice on most saturdays. Im currently setting up a website for the track that will have all the info and times. As soon as I have something I will post. For now here is the address and some directions. Hope to see you there!

Homestead RC Speedway -1 Speedway Blvd - Homestead, FL 33035
Turnpike South to Campbell Dr. Take Campbell Drive east to 137th Ave. Turn South on 137th till you hit the speedway. At the first left before the speedway there is a sign that says "Homestead RC" Follow that sign to the left and the track will be a bit down directly on the right hand side.
almtx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by almtx3 View Post
You are more than welcome to come out to Homestead. It is a bit far for many people I understand but the track is great. We are currently trying out a new track layout and everyone is loving it. We have open practice on most saturdays. Im currently setting up a website for the track that will have all the info and times. As soon as I have something I will post. For now here is the address and some directions. Hope to see you there!

Homestead RC Speedway -1 Speedway Blvd - Homestead, FL 33035
Turnpike South to Campbell Dr. Take Campbell Drive east to 137th Ave. Turn South on 137th till you hit the speedway. At the first left before the speedway there is a sign that says "Homestead RC" Follow that sign to the left and the track will be a bit down directly on the right hand side.
I live in SoCal but I will be going to Miami in Dec. I will definetly come to Homested
Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it takes me and Dave for sure full time and we have a varying crew of 4 to 8 people to keep it up.... people that come out even when they don't race that weekend... being you asked I know that you might have not come already ...come on down, up or across to see what it takes .. if we open the track it is race prepped and ready every time and many of the racer and friend stay after to help with the mess and to share there experiances ... the last of the summer series is in two week and the first state race in three weeks ...so when i say it takes heart and time i have spent the last month getting ready and i can still find things that are not yet complete.. Dave and I spend countless hour not only at our track but at many other that we help with to see the sport stay alive .. without help from the race community these place will just die off and your back to backyard bashing and mini z and recoil racing that can be done in a 75 foot circle .................................................. .................................................. .. it not what i can do for you.... but what you can do for your sport

FORGASS President 2006/2007.2007/2008. 2008/2009

V/P Charlotte R/C Raceway

Team Anchor for .. ReD CuP RacinG ..

Team Driver for TORO Fuel
[email protected]

Last edited by TrickPonYracing; 09-06-2007 at 08:16 PM.
TrickPonYracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Last edited by dj apolaro; 09-06-2007 at 05:15 PM.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #24
Tech Addict

o and i forgot we pay the county to race we pay for the upkeep and upgrades and the sani johns the sugar the blowers the gas the genaeratots and every thing it takes to race all the chairs the drivers stand the paint for the lines .... heck i could do this all day ....but all the work is done by people that care for the sport and the track without them you have another parking lot... so i guess what im saying is go put some work sweat and time in to make your track what it needs to be

[email protected]
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Default Track workers

I have been "helping out" at Ft Myers for about 5 years ... maybe more I'm still the new guy.

It takes 5 of us to run that track like it is run, mostly from Jim Rice's leadership. There is NO bigger item that you need for a successful track than continous help that you can count on, that want the track to succeed. Trick Pony and Big Dave and their crew come out and help us and we help them when they need it.

I just started R/C racing at the State level when Henry and Ed Delgado were running Tropical Park .. that ended. I raced at Andy's track out in the boonies ... he busted his butt on the track but if I remember he was pretty much with out help. You can't do it yourself ... I tried

I owned the Swamp, it was one of the largest tracks in the country at a little more than 1/4 mile a lap, but I was by my self ... couldn't get all of the things done that needed to be done, shutdown

Sit back and watch after the A final at a State race, while everyone else is chatting, look around and you will see us busting out butts to get out of there before night fall, And I'm not even talking Winter Nats... Winter Nats is like having a State series event every day for 7 days .... set up ...tear down... trash out ... new bags in ...tech set up ,tear down ,set up again take care of this, take care of that, do it again.

The crew from over in Miami area are a great bunch of guys, I don't know why they can't get together and make it work. But it takes commitment and a lot of pain in the ass work.

Oh Yeah ... Don't ever tell a track owner or worker that the "traction sucks" find a nicer way or you might not like the answer you get! Don't forget to say thanks... If you watch, at a big race ALL of the big name guys will find the track owner and workers and thank them for putting on the race ....at least the classy ones will ..... be classy

If you need help let us know ... We love the game and we are willing to give you a hand

Chris
CFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Default Track workers

Sorry double post !
CFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #27
Tech Addict

You know Chris is so right, I watched him build a track and be shot down all the time. This racing poop is alot of work. I have watched Gary and Dave work their butt's off. Not to mention the COUNTLESS people who even made Port Charlotte Track what it is today. How great it was to see old track owners from tracks that have since closed come out and help. Not to mention the ones who help out regardless…

Wow, I read alot of these posts and have come to one conclusion, No-Ones perfect at doing this. You cannot please everyone every time. You know the trouble with RC racing, there is too much everywhere. Too much to chose from. You have On road Off-road, electric gas... this series that series..... this weekend that weekend east coast west coast.... and so on.
Drivin me crazy. Errrr.

What Gary is trying to get across is, there is a lot of expectations and requirements in running a State races, he has an obligation to all the racers to make sure that every track is ready and everything is in tip top shape. And that all equipment is in excellent working condition. There is no room for error in the State Series. And if for any reason one cannot meet those expectations, it needs to be addressed. That’s all.

What some do not understand and get confused with is The Forgas Series is not Club Racing, it is a series that was for the more experienced racers. Newbie’s never started the state series, they started by going club racing. I miss that…. racing at night in a parking lot.. all but being eating alive by mosquitoes.

This series is going to be fun, I look forward to going to every track and seeing the same old faces from just a series ago! Have fun it what its all about!!

Linda

[email protected]
Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
I live in SoCal but I will be going to Miami in Dec. I will definetly come to Homested
The weather is great that time of the year! Make sure you let me know when you will be getting here so I can help you out with directions if you need them. I will PM you my email address so you can keep in touch that way! I look forward to meeting you out there at the track!!! Thanks for the support!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:13 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastSerpent View Post
Almtx3,
How are things down there. Any Good Club Racing? I'd like to swing down once before the state race hits there.
Here in homestead things are very quiet right now. The guys have been experimenting with a new track configuration and the current one seems to be working very well. Art Carbonnel was out a few times helping us out with the track and just having him around is always awesome! The first track was tearing cars up bigtime, it was a too aggressive layout. The layout we have now is very forgiving and has great back straight where you can really let things rip! I appreciate your support and you are more than welcome out anytime. I am currently working on getting the site up so as soon as I have something Ill let you know. Thanks again for your support!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Quote:
....but all the work is done by people that care for the sport and the track without them you have another parking lot... so i guess what im saying is go put some work sweat and time in to make your track what it needs to be
I couldn't agree with you more! Didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot Linda and I apologize for any offense. You guys seem to have your stuff very together and I applaud that! There is no doubt in my mind that you guys run a top notch club. This is exactly what the sport needs. People like you and your members who are dedicated and give, give, give! Please pass this on to Gary. The last thing I want to do is create a rivalry between tracks. On the contrary, we need to stick together and help each other out. I will admit that Southeast Florida does have a bad rep of starting tracks and just having them fade away into obscurity, but I have hopes that we can get something going soon.

CFowler - I wonder if our paths have crossed? I too raced at Tropical. I never made it to the state level, but I was a big supporter of tropical. I also was at Andy's track on the farm, it was awesome! He did a great job with that but it was very difficult for him. I totally understand how hard it was to maintain that track. I will probably see him tomorrow at the homestead track. Hes there almost every Sat.

Linda, in regards to
Quote:
No-Ones perfect at doing this. You cannot please everyone every time. You know the trouble with RC racing, there is too much everywhere. Too much to chose from. You have On road Off-road, electric gas... this series that series..... this weekend that weekend east coast west coast.... and so on.
Drivin me crazy. Errrr.
You are very right. There are alot of choices out there. It gets hard to keep one class running when there are so many different types of car options. Its nice having options but hard to get everyone on the same page when you got so much to choose from.

Thank you for chiming in and clearing things up, that was very nice of you and I wish you guys the best. Just wish us luck out here on the east coast in hopes that we can get a nice track out here for you guys to come out and join us and have some fun racing. Having fun is what its all about!

Cheers!
Alex