Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tornado fuel, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you HarKonnenD,

Thank you for your interest in the fuel. You will not be disappointed.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Motorman
Look
I don't sell tornado or anything else so take this for what its worth.
1. I have Tornado that was purchased last year and opened it this year. I have had zero problems.
2. There is nothing I have ever tested and I have tried them all!!!! that makes the power this stuff does. You do an honest back to back test and you will be convinced. I don't know why it runs harder as theres nothing special in it(Maybe thats it, its not loaded with every additive known to man) but it just does. I've been doing hand tuned race engines for 25 years and I would bet you a nickle on a 12 motor its a 10% increase over anything I've ever run.
3. Its expensive because it is shipped from europe into canada and then to the USA but its consistant can to can and it works.
4. I was skeptical but not any more.
I can't believe I missed your post earlier! Thank you for the endorsement Motorman but I have to ask you a question being you 'hand tune' your engines.

HOW CONSISTANT IS THE TUNE ON YOUR ENGINE NOW THAT YOU USE TORNADO?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

It's much better, so much better that there is a new byron formula now, as I understand it being marketed as a new race/performance blend.

We can't take all the credit for Byron's new blend, but I can tell you that Tornado as well as a few other premium blends pushed them to developing a new blend of fuel.

Consistency is only a small part of it, almost all the fuel out there is consistent. It's moreso related to performance and efficiency. Going fast, and still be able to make a 5 minute run.

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
How does this fuel stack up to Byrons?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by aaron_buran
It's much better, so much better that there is a new byron formula now, as I understand it being marketed as a new race/performance blend.

We can't take all the credit for Byron's new blend, but I can tell you that Tornado as well as a few other premium blends pushed them to developing a new blend of fuel.

Consistency is only a small part of it, almost all the fuel out there is consistent. It's moreso related to performance and efficiency. Going fast, and still be able to make a 5 minute run.

Thanks Aaaron,

You said it
Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tornado Fuel
Thanks Aaaron,

You said it
Ditto Aaron, I was hoping my question to motorman would prompt him to address perfomance/runtime issue. Renato Dias switched over at the GLC. With your setup help and Tornado, he said 'Everything just felt crisper'.
He did very well and is now using Tornado!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey Nitrohead,

This is cool. Will you guys be heading to the I95 Shot out in September? May be you guys should call it the Tornado shot out soon.....
Old 08-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hkboy
hey Nitrohead,

This is cool. Will you guys be heading to the I95 Shot out in September? May be you guys should call it the Tornado shot out soon.....
Yes we will HKboy, the I95 Showdown is about bragging rights for the east coast. This race started big and is getting bigger. Now that you mention it, I will talk to Chris about holding some sort of Tornado race.
Anytime you go to 301, you get that BIG RACE FEELING... It doesn't matter what level of race or classes run, the staff at 301 treats every heat as if it were The Worlds! Chris Whitney is raising the bar every minute... Just wait until you get there, you'll definitely have a great time.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'll definitely love to go to 301 one day. Just got back from floyd with some practice runs and it went well.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tornado Fuel
Hello all,

Thank you very much for the kind words on Tornado Fuel. Just to let you know, Tornado Fuel will be the hand out fuel at the 1/8 Worlds at Argentina this year.
About the fuel, i am using it really like it. Very consistant and good performance.
I know there is another blend that i am not sure if is commercially available or just for a few selected drivers. It's called the Tornado Sidney Blend. Is this available in USA? This is the fuel that is going to be used at the WC this year in Argentina.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by miker2209
About the fuel, i am using it really like it. Very consistant and good performance.
I know there is another blend that i am not sure if is commercially available or just for a few selected drivers. It's called the Tornado Sidney Blend. Is this available in USA? This is the fuel that is going to be used at the WC this year in Argentina.

Hello Miker2209,

The Sydney blend is for all the Tornado team drivers, but we will have some into the North American market in 2008. The difference in this fuel compare to the other Tornado fuel is the oil that we are using. But we still have 9% oil in it.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:41 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroHead
Tornado fuel keeps your engine internals clean and in prestine condition. A truly great feeling when you open up your engine!
Depends where you live.
Here in the Netherlands, the humidity is higher, so your engines internal will rust, if you don't use afterrun.
There is NO fuel I've seen not having this problem here....
But, a can Tornado afterrun, will cost you 4? bucks, so that's not the problem.....

Originally Posted by Motorman
3. Its expensive because it is shipped from europe into canada and then to the USA but its consistant can to can and it works.
Here it is 1 of the "cheapest" fuels
Only ModelTechnics is less expensive, but you don't really see that fuel on the racetrack.....
Old 08-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hey M7H,

Of cause the Tornado fuel is cheap in Netherland. It is manufacture from there. I wish I am living in Netherland too, since I can have the Tornado fuel all the time. But according to the importer, there are a lot of charges added on to it. Like all those un-necessary government charge that they have to pay, plus shipping and other stuff.....
But no matter what. I think the Tornado fuel is worth the money for it. Like you said put some after-run in the engine and it will be good. Man, I go throught that here in Asia as well.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:31 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

I know Tornado is Dutch, that's where the was meant for....

Currently I'm running "roga" fuel, which is... Spanisch if I remember correct, also decent stuff.....

There is 1 downside in living in the Netherlands, it's called "rain"....
Old 08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
I know Tornado is Dutch, that's where the was meant for....

Currently I'm running "roga" fuel, which is... Spanisch if I remember correct, also decent stuff.....

There is 1 downside in living in the Netherlands, it's called "rain"....

I know what you mean M7H. I went to Netherlands last year and the only thing I see a lot is rain....But I have fun.
I also saw the Tornado plant as well. I wish I can have them sponsor me!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Dutch is good yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.