R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
Man, the internet can make you look really good or really bad very quickly. LOL.
dont sweat it jack the tires are great i have not used any thing else sense 05 so keep up the good work
Old 08-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The fronts are at times extremely tough to get on securely. The rears are easier because it is a solid axle..... push and turn- click, then click! Good to go. First click is the pin going into the rim, second click is the lever locking outside the wheel.

The front has a oneway and you cannot just push and turn. You have to physically line up the pin and push the rim on the axle.

A little trick I use is to have the rear wheels on the ground and the fronts off the ground as I put them on. Turn the front wheel toward the back of the car and use the oneway against the rear solid axle to engage the rim... listen for the click and ensure the lever has seated outside the rim. Sometimes it hangs on the edge and comes off just when you least expect it. Just push it over the edge. I clean the outside edge of the axle holes with my body reamer or an exacto kife so the levers seat easier.
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneland View Post
So it had nothing to do with it being a Jaco! Just didn't get the wheel on all the way. Or hit something that moved the quick release at the wrong time.
Wrong....I checked both sides.....I believe it's the wheel depth.....I've compared the Jaco to a Kawahara....the Kawahara had more wheel pin mounts (8), and a larger wheel inside depth, with a increase of plastic surrounding each pin mount...Could it be JACO pin depth!
serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

We use factory wheels molded by Serpent. I doubt they would make a wheel that did not fit their car properly.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #35
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent View Post
Wrong....I checked both sides.....I believe it's the wheel depth.....I've compared the Jaco to a Kawahara....the Kawahara had more wheel pin mounts (8), and a larger wheel inside depth, with a increase of plastic surrounding each pin mount...Could it be JACO pin depth!
Maybe it is the Kawahara that came off, not the Jaco, as Jack mentioned the wheels are actually molded by Serpent for Serpent cars, We had Kawahara wheels for Serpent come off during a main but never have Jaco/Serpent come off the car while racing.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
As mentioned the wheels are not Jaco design or construct. BSR uses the same wheel for their tires too. I run the Snake also, and have not had a wheel come off. Perhaps you are using the wrong cross pin hole? On some of the axles there are two sets of holes for different types of washers. Installed properly, there is no play. Cannot move wheel in or out.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

I have being running Jaco for already almost 2 years and go thru hundreds of pairs in both 1/8 scale and sedan and so far i have not encountered yet a gluing problem.

Jaco is using our OEM wheels on the 1/8 scale serpent line and 1/10 Nitro Sedan.

Regarding the problem of the wheels coming out, i have never had this problem, even under extreme traction (1/8 scales traction rolling) I have seeing this problem in some cases (not only Serpent but also other brands) and 99% of the time the problem is the ally clip that is bent.

If you still have problem, please post on the Serpent 960 thread and we will try to help you.
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Just bought 2 sets of Jaco foams (40shore) from Brooklyn Hobbies, and man do they hook up. They are really sturdy too unlike other rims I have encountered issues with.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #39
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down Jaco foams issue

I have had the same problem only with jaco tires. And I have seen also people at my track to have the same issue.
It is not the truing of the tires as we race mostly without truing them.
I might say maybe it is more frecuent with tires a few months old.
But it is definitively an issue with jaco tires. Have tried others like kawahara, grp, ellegi, hpi (more than a year in storage), etc.. and have not had that problem.
NTC3_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

I want to see these tires. If you have had this many bad tires, I am sure you won't have any problem finding a few and sending me a couple. I will evaluate what is going on and replace them. Since we have not heard of this before, I am curious to see what is happening. Are these the 5 spoke or the new wheel? Sedan, I assume?
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm driving along top (3) pace 15/5:12 .....All of a sudden the tire comes off happened twice same place on the track ..Anybody have this problem..I'm driving A Snake 960
Both times when my Mugen came flying by you. I told you that your Snake is scared of those Mugens.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #42
Tech Master

I cannot imagine not truing my tires, before I ran them.
I have used Jaco rubber, since they started making them for touring cars, and have never had a problem. Well, execpt when I hit something.
WARDO is offline   Reply With Quote