R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-10-2007, 05:50 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
I'm looking to buy this car RD Logics Mongoose G4 Team Magic Evo Nitro Touring Car. Any pro's or con's?

Im BRAND new to nitro. What motor and pipe would you recommend and any other info you can give me.

Thanks for any info.
I see you're in NY. Where are you planning to race? It is always a good idea to see what the guys/gals there are running because the can assist you with setup and pointers. Also, if there is a LHS attached to that track, see what they carry. I'm a new guy also and I break stuff. It's nice to be able to hop in my car, drive 5 minutes from the track, pick up a replacement part and be back on the track in less then an hour.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I would always advise getting a car that you can get parts and support locally. I will admit that the Team Magic crew is the best group of online cheerleaders. If you are OK with mostly online help the G4S would be a good car. If not look at your local shops. Kyosho or Mugen probably have the best overall support.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
I would always advise getting a car that you can get parts and support locally. I will admit that the Team Magic crew is the best group of online cheerleaders. If you are OK with mostly online help the G4S would be a good car. If not look at your local shops. Kyosho or Mugen probably have the best overall support.
This will now all change as Team Magic America is supplying the U.S dealers with Team Magic Product.
All of the Team Magic and K Factory upgrades are now available to dealers and are in stock.

If you let me know where you are, I can give you store names which are in your area which can supply which ever parts you need.
No longer are the TM, K Factory and H.A.R.D Racing brand hard to get a hold of now!!

British Menace
Old 08-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Great job Team Magic America!......
Old 08-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
This will now all change as Team Magic America is supplying the U.S dealers with Team Magic Product.
All of the Team Magic and K Factory upgrades are now available to dealers and are in stock.

If you let me know where you are, I can give you store names which are in your area which can supply which ever parts you need.
No longer are the TM, K Factory and H.A.R.D Racing brand hard to get a hold of now!!

British Menace
Well I hope so as it took me seven (yes seven) months to get kfactory outdrives.. which I just got a few weeks ago. Actually, parts were available before with Phenix, but the problem is that until more people drive the car, the hobby shops are reluctanat to stock the parts. That is why I said what I said.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Sorry.......I didn't mean to 'get at' what you said. Just trying aleviate fears in that area.

Some areas of the country I must admit have not even heard of them.
Nor do many realize a Team Magic car qualified 2nd in the recent world championships.
It still remains a dark horse.

Mike Blackstock, Steve Perez, Myself and other(s) to be anounced are trying to remedy that.

British Menace