R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default Nitro Tane fuel

I am going to do my job and inform people of a newer fuel. I was asked a few months ago to give the Nitro Tane fuel a try. When I started racing Nitro (off road) about 8 years ago I always used O'Donnell fuel. I had known Steve O for a long time so it was an easy thing for me. I never flew to any offroad races so I always took the fuel with me. Not only that, the offroad racers are much less picky about the fuel. I had never heard of many of the types of fuel out there. Then about 3 years ago I switched over to nitro on road. Holy moly. There are so many types of fuel I had never known about. Not only that, I fly to races now. I was still using O'Donnell. Then Steve sold the company and I could no longer get fuel shipped to races. I never realized how important it was to have a consistant supply of fuel. I tried another brand that was very popular and widely distributed and I just didn't like the stuff. I resigned myself to running one brand when I drove to a race and a different brand when I flew. I finally found a solution. Nitro-Tane. I made no commitments until after I tried the stuff. It runs great. Temps and power are just fine and the best part is that it is distributed by Horizon. That means that it is available to pretty much any hobby shop across the country. I am not going to come on here and give the same BS story eveyone tells. You know the one. "My engine makes more power, gets 26 mins of runtime and now runs at 190 degrees." I will say this. My engines ran just fine, no runtime issues, no temp issues and no other issues. The fuel is manufactured by VP fuels. They are very well known in real car racing. A top notch outfit. I can't tell you about the lube as they keep it a big secret but I can tell you there is a good film of oil left in the engine. Give it a try when you have a chance.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How about just oil % ?? If I remember Team Losi ran Trinity Platinum which was only 8% oil content. Any idea what oil content 30% contains? That shouldn't be too much of a secret.
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelong View Post
How about just oil % ?? If I remember Team Losi ran Trinity Platinum which was only 8% oil content. Any idea what oil content 30% contains? That shouldn't be too much of a secret.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Tech Master

WTF is so funny...... all you do is post useless comments wally
Old 08-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Hey Corey:

I honestly don't know. Todd says they won't tell him so I don't know either. That is the whole reason I went to Cal and tried the stuff before I went to the GLC. It did leave a good film of oil, with no issues either time I raced the fuel. I also like the fact that with it being sold by Horizon it is widely available.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
Tech Master

Thanks for the info Scott.

I have a few cases of some other midwestern manufacturers fuel to use up before I try anything else. I fly to a lot of events in FL and got tired of not getting the same fuel either, so I bought 8 cases of fuel on a distributor deal and left a few cases at my parents in Daytona Beach for when I fly down there. I pretty much drive everywhere else on the east coast and MWS tracks.

Maybe next year I'll give something else a go
Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
WTF is so funny...... all you do is post useless comments wally
what you said was funny
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote