Community
Wiki Posts
Search

yay finally

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default yay finally

i finally got a nitro car!!!! its an alpha 3 from kyosho. its not very big or fast but i reckon its the best starter nitro because the only experience i have is a mini z overland lol. the guy was really helpful at the shop. it was on sale and he included fuel, fuel bottle, glow starter, charger, a toolbox, radio gear and batteries and he even broke it in for us. ive got a q though; the pull starter is really hard to pull out, but once its out its fine, normal or...?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,
I had one of these until recently. It is a good starter car with plenty of parts available. If it is new, the pullstart will be a bit tight, so be careful not to snap it. Also make sure you haven't flooded the engine which would also make it tight and impossible to start. Good luck, and have fun.
32819toon
Old 08-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

If the engine is new the piston and sleeve are tight (you want it this way to keep compression) it can cause the pullstart to be hard to pull out.

Another possibility could be that the engine is flooded. Priming the engine with too much fuel before you start it will cause whats call hydrolock and make the engine hard to turn over thus the pullstart hard to pull.
Next time its hard to pull to pullstart, take out the glow plug and look in the hole. See if there is alot of fuel sitting inside. If there is, with the glow plug out turn the car upside down and pull the pull start to clear some of the fuel out. Make sure you don't lose the copper gasket ring that seals the plug to the engine.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

oh well then it must be flooded ugh.......
me and my dad were trying to start it and he pushed the primer like 15 times and wouldnt listen to me tellin him only 1-2 times (i actually consult the manual before doin anythin) we never really succeeded in starting it only once then it stalled after like 15 seconds, so i think ill go do that. oh yeah and after that i pulled it and it let out all this pressure then stifened up again. whats that?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

If you cleared the excess fuel, put the glow plug back in and prime it per instructions. I usually prime until I just see fuel reach the carb. Your fuel line is transparent right?

If you LHS broke it in for you then it should be running for more than 15 seconds. If they didn't or you don't they did, there should be instructions with your car to break in the engine.

If after you cleared the flooded engine and it got hard pulling the pullstart again, then the carb might be adjusted wrong and sucking in too much fuel.

If you still can't figure it out I would have your LHS take a look at it.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

ok thanks alot for the help! yes my fuel line is transparent so i can see. i didnt do anything yet because i was waiting for a reply, its also dark out so i think i will wait till tomorrow morning. but youve definetly helped! just to get things crystal clear if the carb is sucking in too much fuel i just need to tighten the needle a bit to lean the mixture right?
i cant wait till tomorrow, hopefully we will get it working and we're planning on taking it with us out in search of nice running places.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

hey i got it working, i have a q though, you know where the fuel line connects the tank on the top? well fuel keeps spraying out of there even though its shut (?) not a whole lot but its getting on the servo and attracting dirt and making the car feel gross. how can i fix that?
please help! this is the only place i can get help in english!
Old 08-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

oh its actually coming from the primer button....help?!
Old 08-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Ouch...aparently the seal on the primer button isn't very good. Don't know much about those, but I've heard of people eliminating them by putting an o-ring on a screw and screwing it in, in place of the primer.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leyler
oh its actually coming from the primer button....help?!
The O-ring on the primer button looks like its bad. You can take it back to the LHS since its new or you can take it out and seal it up with a screw like Luke said.

To prime a car with no primer button on the tank you just put your finger over the exhaust outlet and pull the pullstart a couple of times. you should see fuel going to the carb.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

i think ill take it back to the LHS, i like it to much to eliminate it