Spray Can & Painters Tape.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:54 PM
GK
Suspended

can't wait to peel it...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by teamgp
Here's pics of mine...track testing TOMORROW!!!
i want your DNA 3 review compared with Sturatus 3.1
Old 08-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GK
can't wait to peel it...
Already done. Overspray film has been removed.

BTW, the DNA3 body will be allowed at the I95 Showdown race at 301 Raceway.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gansei
i want your DNA 3 review compared with Sturatus 3.1
I'll have a 3.1, Parma M & Kawahara Lexus IS250 to compare with tomorrow. Of course I'll provide my nonsensical ramblings post practice.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

I like the paint on that DNA! Cool fade!! Nice colors too!!
I thought I could run the DNA today, but got to the track late. I saw the guys running the DNA in Electric and they had mad steering! I think for parking lot tracks, and smaller tracks this body is gonna be hard to beat. High speed tracks, Stratus and the Mazada is gonna be hard to beat. I want to see what Protoform is coming out with next!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ran mine last night. It had mad traction. I ran a Type M and the car(mtx4) felt great and then I put on the DNA3 and the car almost stopped in the corners it was so tight. I put on harder springs(mugen grays) stood up the front swaybay added caster and stiffer swaybar and the car was still a little tight. Next week I will try 42 instead of 40's and less rear toe-in.

The can was awsome after the changes though. Just need just a little more mid-coner speed and it will be the best body I have ran so far.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

My thoughts after running the DNA3...WOW!

The car felt just like the 3.1 everywhere on the track except about 10 feet before each slow corners apex. Then it bit HARD! As the speed comes down, the grip of this body shows up in a big way.

I also had to stiffen the front up and raise the rear roll center to get good corner speed and rear end rotation. There is hardly any chance of blowing a corner with this body.

FYI, my first tank was run with the track having medium-high grip. Then the track grip went to HIGH, being freshly sprayed with compound. Finally, it loosened up just a bit in the afternoon.

The DNA3's balance felt the same in all conditions. It just stuck WAY harder in the corners with the increased grip.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The car felt just like the 3.1 everywhere on the track except about 10 feet before each slow corners apex. Then it bit HARD! As the speed comes down, the grip of this body shows up in a big way.

I also had to stiffen the front up and raise the rear roll center to get good corner speed and rear end rotation. There is hardly any chance of blowing a corner with this body.

FYI, my first tank was run with the track having medium-high grip. Then the track grip went to HIGH, being freshly sprayed with compound. Finally, it loosened up just a bit in the afternoon.

The DNA3's balance felt the same in all conditions. It just stuck WAY harder in the corners with the increased grip.

Thanks Team GP. I will get one and try it out myself.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

After seeing him run the car this weekend, I will have to join the crowd as well. Besides handling well, that front end just looks gangster.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Wink DNA3 test results

teamgp;

Thanks for posting your impressions after testing the PROTOform DNA3 body. Sounds good to me . I've been kinda curious myself. BTW - nice paint work! - awsome fade job!

It's ROAR legal too.

Dale - PROTOform
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleepp
...It's ROAR legal too.

Dale - PROTOform
Old 08-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I just got my care package today. I got a DNA to play with. I hope my results are as good as the ones posted here.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Scott;

Sorry I missed your call. Try again when you have a chance. Your euro-holiday photos were great!

Dale
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default DNA 3

Anyone know where they are in stock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.