Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ? >

Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

Old 05-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

hey peeps, anyone actually run an LD3 or seen one race yet? i am very interested to find out how it handles compared to the NTC3. I want to get a second backup car for the track and am thinking either a second TC3 or maybe the LD3...
Old 05-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Where are OFNA cars designed and made? Are they an American company?
Old 05-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

i'm starting to see some ld3s here in wash, d.c. - the car looks like it handles quite well. the two i saw were running stock poopy .12 'redhead's but even so they ran with the ntc3s - although well behind the hopped up, modded ntc3s that abound at olde towne hobby race track.
the ld3 looks every bit like a ntc3 - a very close match in almost every respect - ya might even say a dead copy. i expect to see a few more...
Old 05-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

hmm very interesting cyber, the car is a lot cheaper and if it handles close to the ntc3 it could be a perfect backup/second car. i just love how the ntc3 drives.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

the car is not a dead copy. take a look at the rear hub carriers. it also has gear diffs.

not saying that they didn't borrow some ideas, including the name, i mean gimmie a break at least name it something without a 3 in it.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

At least it's not called the NLD3. Yeah, you can tell they took just a *couple* ideas from the NTC3, but who can blame them?
Old 05-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

yep and compare the logos...

Old 05-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Full option LD3!!

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...hreadid=124895
Old 05-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Even if they didn't show the car without a body, I'd say that looks 100 times better than the other version they've got out now. I mean that body even looks good (especially with clear windows unlike most factory bodies).
Old 05-04-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

I will never drive a copy of the real thing. If they lack the engineering and inginuity to come up with an original car...much less an original freakin logo then they don't deserve my money at all. Kudo's to AE because it seems now people want to copy the car because they can't beat the car.

Old 05-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

One thing that is funny about OFNA is that theyre cars usually look great in construction, but then you drive them and you find out what theyre all about. Theyre cars always seem to drive like crap for somereason. And its very clear theyre always trying to clone and steal business from other makers. Look at theyre MBX line of buggies, i mean how close of a name can you chose? Mugen MBX4RR and OFNA MBX4R2 (squared). Definately dirty business, one other thing is customer support. They deny any problems with theyre cars if problems arise, and if enough people have the problem... they release a fix and call it an upgrade option lol. But then again they have attractive products because of their prices. I guess i am hoping that they actually have a good car, but maybe itll be repeating the stories all over again. One thing for sure, i will not buy this LD3 until i hear from people that have one and have either beat NTC3s or own both to compare...
Old 05-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

But then again, it does look very attractive
Old 05-05-2003, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RedScorp
I will never drive a copy of the real thing. If they lack the engineering and inginuity to come up with an original car...much less an original freakin logo then they don't deserve my money at all. Kudo's to AE because it seems now people want to copy the car because they can't beat the car.

First of all, I don't see how the LD3 logo and the team Associated logo are similar with the exception that they are slanted ovals with letters in them. I saw it as more of a joke than a literal beef with OFNA.
I don't want the ruckus that occured when the Reflex came out. It took a while, but soon enough (or longer then necessary), no one really cared because they saw the cars as different entities (similar but not the same; and therefore different ). I am glad that you are voicing your opinion and advocating for what you think is right, but you don't need to do it a way that I, at first, percieved as a malicious manner.
I believe that much of the R/C community will agree with your opinion that the TC3 seems better (and until someone can change my mind, that includes me), and I doubt a majority of AE's sales will be affected b/c of the loyalty that the nitro TC3 has built, but this is another option for the nitro TC market; more power to the people in my eyes.

I don't like OFNA products as I don't really know who makes them all. Some are Ho Bao, some are Hong Nor, yet none that I've known are really OFNA. I don't know what is good or bad because they have 15 other things just like it in their line up (and frankly I don't want to take my time to find out), but let the rest of us try decide without the worry of the what is the best because it was first as opposed to the set of criterea that the rest of us find most important.

Rant stage 3: off.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RedScorp says..
[QUOTE][I will never drive a copy of the real thing. If they lack the engineering and inginuity to come up with an original car...much less an original freakin logo then they don't deserve my money at all. Kudo's to AE because it seems now people want to copy the car because they can't beat the car./QUOTE]

Just remember, the TC3 was a (sort of) copy of the Tenth Technology Predator..

Now you tell me which of the two is the better, the original or the TC3?...

Nothing wrong with taking something and trying to make it better I reckon!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Im2lazy
I am glad that you are voicing your opinion and advocating for what you think is right, but you don't need to do it a way that I, at first, percieved as a malicious manner.
Let me first say that it wasn't meant to be malicious. The way I explain things IRL is very up front and no BS to make what I say flowery. This is also, most of the time, how I type as well.

Sorry.

I don't think the rest of what you said was really applicable to what I said, but a fine rant anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.