Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ? >

Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

Old 05-09-2003, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

I Wasn't there BUT at the rocky cup (australian Thread). Somebody was running a ld3.Ask speedbump or any of the other racers that were there for an honest appraisal....I'd be happy to know myself?
Old 05-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

I ran the OB4 Pro all last season at our local parking lot races and at the club level it was just as competitive as the NTC3s and Mugen's and Reflex, at the CLUB level it's more about driving ability and setup than Brand or shaft vs belt drive. I paid $190 for my OB4 pro and felt like OFNA gave me a hell of lot of bang for my bucks! Full graphite chassis, threaded shocks, 2 sets of tires, and a carrying case ... if the competition version of the LD3 hits the market with similar price/value, I'll be buying one and selling my OB4 Pro.

Part of why I read through 3 pages of "let's bash OFNA" was to see if the LD3 was a big enough improvement over the OB4 to be worth the upgrade for a club-level racer. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to find out. Maybe some other OB4 owners who've tried the LD3 could post on the subject?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

You guys all crack me up. Fighting over what little car is better
Old 05-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spongebob
You guys all crack me up. Fighting over what little car is better

and some Ass o staff here too !!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, it may be apples to oranges, but I used to run Ofna's electric OB4 and was very satisfied with the quality of it. It was quite competetive on carpet and asphalt. Having driven the LD3, my impressions continue. There is much less friction in the drivetrain which is inherant to the design (either the LD3 or TC3 will coast forever with just a tap) and no worries about snapping belts and stripping pulleys. the car is and will be very competetive. Try it and see.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, that's why I'm waiting to hear.

Mostly I would like to hear how well the diffs work and how much influence the rear end has on stability with the raised roll center and all.

It's a great comparison since most of the rest of it is so close to the NTC3 that it can act somewhat as a control. . .

Anyone? anyone?
Old 05-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually, I think the roll center is a bit lower than the TC3. I'll look into that. Thdiff gears sound quite rough (like a cheese grater) when you first getthe car, but as the gears wear in, they quite down. I have yet to swap the grease for oil, hopefully this week I'll get to that
Old 05-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by spenzalii
Actually, I think the roll center is a bit lower than the TC3. I'll look into that. Thdiff gears sound quite rough (like a cheese grater) when you first getthe car, but as the gears wear in, they quite down. I have yet to swap the grease for oil, hopefully this week I'll get to that
I easily could have gotten it backwards, but on the rear, the upper links slope downward toward the center of the car. . . I guess that would make for a lower roll center, wouldn't it. . . heh heh ummmmmm 8)

How stable is it, Spen?
Old 05-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

speaking of copies...