Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ? >

Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

Anyone actually run the LD3 yet, comparing to NTC3 ?

Old 05-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

ofna buggies are not "hoopties" now their old buggies arent on par with todays class of buggy, but they can hold their own. look at the 9.5 and hyper. my lhs use to bash ofnas more then the people in this thread. they no swear by the 9.5 like its an 1/8 god

the tmaxx sells more because traxxas advertises it as the badest truck ever made, when its actually a piece for everythng but bashing. that 2.5..what a piece. doesnt even idle right
Old 05-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastharry
go git'em.............
LOL
Old 05-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

how great is it that technology lets us talk about our RC passions between continents?...............
Old 05-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

how great is it that technology lets us talk about our RC passions between continents?...............
Well how about instantaneously to the most isolated place on Earth?

Kind of take it for granted, especially since I have really no idea how it all works!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Too bad your post was completely devoid of intelligent thought. No big deal, but it makes things too easy.

First, MOST of us on this thread have been eagerly awaiting someone to tell us how the car drives, esp. compared to the NTC3, upon which it was very very closely based. This was NOT a slam on OFNA but rather an question to see how well it's evolutionary developments actually worked. But you didn't read that, did you. You only wanted to give a "virtual bitch slap."

Originally posted by AndrewtheRCman
i think im gona have to use the tactic of virtual bitch slap here to all you ofna haters. because you guys have got to be the most one sided morons ive ever seen post
so ofna has had a few lemons in their group of cars, so does every company. look at AE they constantly improve their cars and add some little tag "team, factory team" when most of the time its to cover up faults
And what does Yokomo do with their MR4TC (et al)?
Since you haven't quite figured out what the Factory Team version is compared to the Team version compared to the Sport versions, let me illuminate your excellency:

The Factory Team kit is entirely carbon composite, sealed bearings, yada yada. It is the top of the line. Same design, same suspension geometry, etc. as the other two, but just top of the line materials.

The Team kit is some plastic, some carbon composite. It has bearings where the Sport version has bushings. It has the same parts but better than the Sport and lower than the FT.

The Sport is all plastic and has some bushings. Same car, different materials.

So - not the evolutionary changes that you were trying to imply - sorry to make you look stupid.

Also - the evolutionary changes that ANY car maker develops? - yeah, AE has them and they incorporate them into their entire lineup - some say too slowly, but they DO come.

Next topic please Alex. . .

hey guys what box is the most common start box? the ofna boxes and why? because they work like a charm for cheap.
Yep, and they're simple and they plain old work. Nobody knocked them (although you need to do some modification for the NTC3. . .but that's why God invented the Dremel. . .oh wait it was some guy named Dremel. . .or was it. . .oh well).

to totally knock a company like that is to show how little you know about them.
Again, we knock out of love! No, really, we do get quite irritated that someone comes up with a full-on generic copy and tries to sell it as an original design. Rightly so.

"I DON"T like generic copys..so I voted with my dollars.."

dude your gonna lose a lotta money in live

Hey, that's the American Way! It works. And, he can buy the ORIGNAL and actually have PARTS available. . .wow, what a concept!

He's not going to lose a lot of money in "real life" (please note spelling) - he's going to spend his money on the things he wants to spend money on and reward, as many of us will, at least some standard of integrity. I know that I agree with him -

But I still want to know.

also dont knock creativity, when you cant even comprehend how hard it would be to come up with new design in TODAYS! rc world. if you knock un creativity, you have just knocked AE, kyosho, tamiya, and HPI. thus making Ofna the only original ones for not jumping on the band wagon and making a crappy maxx based truck thats outclassed by the ofna.
Hmmmm, originality, creativity. Let's see, how original is Ofna's design? It's 100% NOT. It IS a refinement, which we've said several times.

BTW, Ofna DOES have a RTR truck - just saying it's not a TMaxx class truck doesn't say that OFNA doesn't have one - Tamiya does too - hey, if the market is clamoring for trucks, why not build one. . .but notice that AE, Ky, Tam and HPI didn't full-on copy the TMaxx design. They started from at least a semi-clean slate. . .something Ofna probably could have done with the LD3, you think?

please dont be ignorant and post something that bashes a company. especially when you havent owned a car of theirs. reputation means nothing. look at the tmaxx, its got a reputation for being brittle, slow and pain in the butt to work on. but what does everyone and their grandmother have? reputation does not always mean it is the best or worst.
Does the TMaxx have a rep for being slow, brittle and a pain in the butt? Hmmm, I recall actually OWNING one and it seemed to work just FINE for me - only reason I got rid of it was that I have this aversion to dirt. . .it's why I run onroad - tire gook=good, mud=bad

Reputation means everything. Look at how many NTC3's are out there compared to the copy. Look at how we actually have to ask the question - how does it perform. We can't just go and ask someone at the track, there aren't all that many out there.

We're not as ignorant as you seem to be, my friend (and I do hope I can call you my friend). Our first posts were questions, my continuing posts are questions (and a few good-natured jabs now and again that mostly point toward the fact that the LD3 is based, nay, copied from a solid platform) while your initial and following posts were antagonistic.

(btw, the 9.5 and hyper are considered by many to be copies of the Kyosho design - not my opinion since I don't run off-road, like I said I don't like the mud, but the designs are incredibly similar to the lay person, don't you think?)

Okay, back to normality!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Ouch!

To sum it up for those that are used to reading Boomer's posts...

it went something like this...

Old 05-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

ok, ill have a defending post tomorrow.

i had one a second ago, but it gave me an invalid link and erased it, and it was a long post....so im a bit frustrated and not in the mood to argue

sheesh, you think after all my time posting on EZ boards id finally get down the art of copying a post before posting

and the update thing, was geared at how AE gave the T3 a longer chassis at one point and then passed it off as a version...now the longer chassis is standard

anyways ill finish tomorrow...i hate retyping my thoughts
Old 05-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Gear it toward ONROAD - this is an onroad forum. I won't touch your off-road references, really. I do know that which I do not know. Referring to the T3 won't mean anything to many of us here.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

kinda hard to do considering AE has had 2 touring cars which are virtually the same thing
Old 05-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

I just decided to get tire truer..
teh ofna is 250..plus the carbibe bit(and you need to get the Hudy arbors,'cause teh OFNA ones are bad)..
the ofna is a copy of the hudy..which is 420..with the bit AND carrying case....
guess which one i ordered..
I have the opportunity to pick up a slightly used HUDY top-line tire truer for the same price as a nw OFNA unit. Since I already have a Hudy set-up system for my 200mm TC and MRX-3, guess what I'm going to get?
Old 05-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AndrewtheRCman
that 2.5..what a piece. doesnt even idle right
Do you or have you owned a 2.5 Maxx? You either got a "bad" engine (lemon) or just didn't tune it right. Granted, my T-Maxx isn't as durable as my XR, but it so far has handled everything I've thrown at it, and the engine is stellar for a small-block .15. As a matter of fact I am considering buying a second TRX 2.5 to shoehorn in my NTC3 to run in the Outlaw Class.

It has been done...
Old 05-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

nope never owned one, but i have tuned several and race quite a few

its garbage, it was a pain to start, and the results werent worth it. most of the time id end up helping them start i while my .24 would be idling.

all the time to spend getting it running to watch it break and then get blown away by my car. its junk for what its advertised as
Old 05-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

I have seen many 2.5's run and a majority of them were reliable AND fast. The ones that didn't run right or were hard starting were the result of improper tuning.

IMHO, The 2.5 Maxx is almost as fast a some big block powered ones but handle way better because of the lower center of gravity.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face

Guys can you let me know when you stop bashing the car and start actually talking about how it performs on the actual track. I have posted my question twice now, and have had one response and my question has not been fully answered.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ld3

should be a overall stronger car.

i would like to know the handling of this car comparing it to the NTc3.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.