R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-08-2003, 04:08 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RedScorp Send a message via AIM to RedScorp Send a message via Yahoo to RedScorp

Not to bash Ofna or anything but remember something guys....you get what you pay for...sometimes the high quality items aren't always top dollar, but never are they the cheapest thing on the shelf either.

There's a reason why OFNA's new car is $100 less than the NTC3.
RedScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:19 PM   #47
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Quality stuff..........Does not equal

Oh
F**K
Not
Again

The new car in the optioned version looks good but again we will have to see if its that good.I have to agree that the SO CALLED copy of the Hudy truer really is poor in quality.I went to RCX and tried to address the quality control issue with their truer and the rep{ngyuen}told me there was a problem with the feed motor burning out.I have 3 friends with jacked up truers ,all with the same problem.I have my 3 year old hudy...guess what?No problems!Oh well....rant off.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #48
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Don't put a whole lot of credence in logo designs. . . using an oval is an old shortcut, as is using a square or rectangle. . .
Old 05-08-2003, 04:44 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Good to see open minds on this board

I have seen a number of OFNA cars running over the last few years and they have come a long way. To me this car looks excellent at least a match for the NTC3.

Time will tell of course.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:55 PM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer

I have seen a number of OFNA cars running over the last few years and they have come a long way. To me this car looks excellent at least a match for the NTC3.

Of COURSE it will be a match for a NTC3 - it IS an NTC3 heh heh
Old 05-08-2003, 04:59 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RedScorp Send a message via AIM to RedScorp Send a message via Yahoo to RedScorp

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
Of COURSE it will be a match for a NTC3 - it IS an NTC3 heh heh
lol
Old 05-08-2003, 05:01 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to AndrewtheRCman

i think im gona have to use the tactic of virtual bitch slap here to all you ofna haters. because you guys have got to be the most one sided morons ive ever seen post

so ofna has had a few lemons in their group of cars, so does every company. look at AE they constantly improve their cars and add some little tag "team, factory team" when most of the time its to cover up faults

hey guys what box is the most common start box? the ofna boxes and why? because they work like a charm for cheap.

to totally knock a company like that is to show how little you know about them.

"I DON"T like generic copys..so I voted with my dollars.."

dude your gonna lose a lotta money in live

also dont knock creativity, when you cant even comprehend how hard it would be to come up with new design in TODAYS! rc world. if you knock un creativity, you have just knocked AE, kyosho, tamiya, and HPI. thus making Ofna the only original ones for not jumping on the band wagon and making a crappy maxx based truck thats outclassed by the ofna.

yes i know there is the titan, but if you look at the truck, its a far stretch from a tmaxx

please dont be ignorant and post something that bashes a company. especially when you havent owned a car of theirs. reputation means nothing. look at the tmaxx, its got a reputation for being brittle, slow and pain in the butt to work on. but what does everyone and their grandmother have? reputation does not always mean it is the best or worst.
AndrewtheRCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer

I guess that means your V1r will be in twice as much trouble..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:07 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Quote:
[i]
please dont be ignorant and post something that bashes a company. especially when you havent owned a car of theirs. reputation means nothing. look at the tmaxx, its got a reputation for being brittle, slow and pain in the butt to work on. but what does everyone and their grandmother have? reputation does not always mean it is the best or worst. [/B]
But...reputation has EVERYTHING to do with it. If you've proven to put out subquality products or copycat products in ANY market then are the consumers going to buy your product or even look twice at it? No, they won't. To undig yourself out of a less than desirable reputation, you have to produce cars that are good...consistently...and you have to be able to think for yourself...not just rip someone else's idea and creation.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:12 PM   #55
Tech Elite

well,considering the Tmaxx is outselling the OFNA,that ain't saying much for OFNA quality.............
Old 05-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #56
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RedScorp
But...reputation has EVERYTHING to do with it. If you've proven to put out subquality products or copycat products in ANY market then are the consumers going to buy your product or even look twice at it? No, they won't. To undig yourself out of a less than desirable reputation, you have to produce cars that are good...consistently...and you have to be able to think for yourself...not just rip someone else's idea and creation.
I agree with part one of getting out of the stereotypical reputation for OFNA
Quote:
you have to produce cars that are good...consistently
But I don't necesarilly agree with
Quote:
and you have to be able to think for yourself...not just rip someone else's idea and creation
I mean Trinity was in the hole before the reflex nt event came out. But now, even though they share many parts with the VoneR, people accept them for the capable racer it is. Some show disapproval of the Trinity's product by getting a VoneR, or supporting it at least, but I think that is a much more suitable fashion in which to show your dissent towards OFNA's vehicle, then to just say it will suck because it is a copy and not the real thing.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:26 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Im2lazy
I mean Trinity was in the hole before the reflex nt event came out. But now, even though they share many parts with the VoneR, people accept them for the capable racer it is. Some show disapproval of the Trinity's product by getting a VoneR, or supporting it at least, but I think that is a much more suitable fashion in which to show your dissent towards OFNA's vehicle, then to just say it will suck because it is a copy and not the real thing.
I don't think the LD3 will suck at all...like Boomer said...it's virtually a NTC3 so it MUST do well.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:29 PM   #58
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to JonB

working at a hobby shop for quite some time, you'd be surprised how many more ofna kits are sold compared to the higher level race kits. Ofna is laughing all the way to the bank...they sell a LOT of RTR 1/8 buggies and albiet they are pretty hoopty, they're selling!
JonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:41 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
I guess that means your V1r will be in twice as much trouble..
I have had my share of 1st place A main wins with my old, heavy, non rockproof, hard to get parts for car
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 05:56 PM   #60
Tech Elite

go git'em.............