R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
theRED5's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: near Athens,GA
Posts: 1,022
Default Iraq

Those of us that race at the Sugerbowl, 301 Raceway, and the WinterNats, I heard that our friend and competitor Chay Blount has been deployed to Iraq. He says he's in the southern part of the country, where the action is not too intense, re-supplying the companies around their base.

Let's keep him, and all our troops in our thoughts and prayers.
__________________
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRED5 View Post
Those of us that race at the Sugerbowl, 301 Raceway, and the WinterNats, I heard that our friend and competitor Chay Blount has been deployed to Iraq. He says he's in the southern part of the country, where the action is not too intense, re-supplying the companies around their base.

Let's keep him, and all our troops in our thoughts and prayers.
For sure. I have a brother going over there with the Marines. It is his third time.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
RCRjuanabbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 1,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRED5 View Post
Those of us that race at the Sugerbowl, 301 Raceway, and the WinterNats, I heard that our friend and competitor has been deployed to Iraq. He says he's in the southern part of the country, where the action is not too intense, re-supplying the companies around their base.

Let's keep him, and all our troops in our thoughts and prayers.
theRED5, please do your friend a favor and take his name off this thread. no one needs to know his name and where he is at. (security reasons). I know you are doing this for a good cause but there are a lot of crazy bad guys out there who prey on our guys. yes they need to be honored and respected but do not put them in harms way innocently.
and thank you so much for supporting our troops!!!!!

Last edited by RCRjuanabbe; 08-01-2007 at 10:19 PM.
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

Tell him be safe and thanks.
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,204
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
For sure. I have a brother going over there with the Marines. It is his third time.
tell your brother "SEMPER FI" for me!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
tell your brother "SEMPER FI" for me!!!
I second that Semper FI Devil Dog!!! You know it really put's life and the things we enjoy into persective... Our Friends, our Brothers, Our Sisters and for some even our parents are over there and in Afganistan fighting to protect what most Americans take for granted... And that's Freedom...
Chay... God Speed and our prayers are with you... Be safe and stay Strong.

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,204
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan View Post
I second that Semper FI Devil Dog!!! You know it really put's life and the things we enjoy into persective... Our Friends, our Brothers, Our Sisters and for some even our parents are over there and in Afganistan fighting to protect what most Americans take for granted... And that's Freedom...
Chay... God Speed and our prayers are with you... Be safe and stay Strong.

RC_Alan

OH-RAHH
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Hi Chuck,

how are you.

I really hope that Chay is going to come back from there in one piece, BUT...

I remember one race at the Sugarbowl very well. It was the day when your bonehead president started the war in Afghanistan.

When Bob Malphurs announced it over the PA, people were cheering and applauding. One of the sentences I heard most was: Nuke the mo....fu......

I thought I was in a bad movie and this day completely changed my attitude towards living in the US.

Now, all I hear is how bad it is that this guy and that guy has to go down there. Why is nobody cheering anymore?

What did you guys think? That someone else would fight that stupid war for you? Guess not.

You should thank G.W. and you should thank you constitution that this moron cannot be elected again !

Just my opinion.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:04 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice
 
johnypiston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 62
Default

Somehow, I had the impression that RC was beyond all this and that politics should be kept away from the forums, but I guess that this was a fairly simplistic view. After all, these are people's families we are talking about and really, my heart goes out to you guys ...hope the peoples return in one piece.
johnypiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:29 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
RCRjuanabbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 1,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Hi Chuck,

how are you.

I really hope that Chay is going to come back from there in one piece, BUT...

I remember one race at the Sugarbowl very well. It was the day when your bonehead president started the war in Afghanistan.

When Bob Malphurs announced it over the PA, people were cheering and applauding. One of the sentences I heard most was: Nuke the mo....fu......

I thought I was in a bad movie and this day completely changed my attitude towards living in the US.

Now, all I hear is how bad it is that this guy and that guy has to go down there. Why is nobody cheering anymore?

What did you guys think? That someone else would fight that stupid war for you? Guess not.

You should thank G.W. and you should thank you constitution that this moron cannot be elected again !

Just my opinion.
I WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO EDIT THIS..... NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BASH MY COUNTRY.
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:39 AM   #11
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Here we go...

While I dont agree with the war in Iraq, I DO support our troops and the fact that they are overthere doing their jobs, and I apreciate their courage and the fact that they are defending someones freedom.

RCRjuanabbe by telling people to shove their opinion up their a.., you're denigrating the very job that their doing, thanks to them we have the right to have our own opinion, regardless of weather you agree or not.

BRING THEM HOME!
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #12
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

OH, I see, now you edited your post
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
Leodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,058
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Stefan,

Why am I not surprised that you're from Germany? While most of the world was trying to isolate Iraq, German firms were helping Saddam build bunkers. Mit Freunden wie die Deutschen, wer braucht Feinden?

Now back on topic:

I hope your friend brought some RC stuff with him to Iraq. I've seen a couple videos of soldiers racing their RC's against each other out there in the desert. Please give him our best and let him know that the "silent majority" here in the U.S. are proud of him and won't spit on him (literally or symbolically) when he returns home.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #14
Tech Master
 
RCRjuanabbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 1,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Here we go...

While I dont agree with the war in Iraq, I DO support our troops and the fact that they are overthere doing their jobs, and I apreciate their courage and the fact that they are defending someones freedom.

RCRjuanabbe by telling people to shove their opinion up their a.., you're denigrating the very job that their doing, thanks to them we have the right to have our own opinion, regardless of weather you agree or not.

BRING THEM HOME!
I got carried away for a second there... and thank you for your support..
while no one in the right mind would like to go to war, some of us has to do what we have to do. let the politicians play their game, I do what I have to do to pick which politician I'd like to vote in and hope for the best. that is what we do as an american. for anyone to bash our men and women is unacceptable.
RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:19 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
theRED5's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: near Athens,GA
Posts: 1,022
Default

I truly feel that, that is a nickname....not his real name. I didn't give his rank or anything.

Stefan, Your right, he's got us over there and now doesn't know what to do.

I have been in & out of hospital, and haven't been to the tracks, and didn't know what they did or didn't know.
__________________
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
War In Iraq(World War Three) xsxracing Chat Lounge 31 12-04-2007 03:08 AM
RC in IRAQ scottmattson Electric Off-Road 11 05-12-2005 02:41 PM
R/C Off Roading/ Rally in Iraq!!!!! GundamWZero Chat Lounge 13 10-03-2004 03:21 PM
R/C in Iraq! Accord Electric Off-Road 4 08-18-2003 07:08 PM
war w/ Iraq? Nitrus~Power Chat Lounge 355 04-16-2003 10:59 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net