Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Default Iraq

Those of us that race at the Sugerbowl, 301 Raceway, and the WinterNats, I heard that our friend and competitor Chay Blount has been deployed to Iraq. He says he's in the southern part of the country, where the action is not too intense, re-supplying the companies around their base.

Let's keep him, and all our troops in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theRED5
Those of us that race at the Sugerbowl, 301 Raceway, and the WinterNats, I heard that our friend and competitor Chay Blount has been deployed to Iraq. He says he's in the southern part of the country, where the action is not too intense, re-supplying the companies around their base.

For sure. I have a brother going over there with the Marines. It is his third time.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theRED5
Those of us that race at the Sugerbowl, 301 Raceway, and the WinterNats, I heard that our friend and competitor has been deployed to Iraq. He says he's in the southern part of the country, where the action is not too intense, re-supplying the companies around their base.

theRED5, please do your friend a favor and take his name off this thread. no one needs to know his name and where he is at. (security reasons). I know you are doing this for a good cause but there are a lot of crazy bad guys out there who prey on our guys. yes they need to be honored and respected but do not put them in harms way innocently.
and thank you so much for supporting our troops!!!!!

Last edited by RCRjuanabbe; 08-01-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tell him be safe and thanks.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
For sure. I have a brother going over there with the Marines. It is his third time.
tell your brother "SEMPER FI" for me!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
tell your brother "SEMPER FI" for me!!!
I second that Semper FI Devil Dog!!! You know it really put's life and the things we enjoy into persective... Our Friends, our Brothers, Our Sisters and for some even our parents are over there and in Afganistan fighting to protect what most Americans take for granted... And that's Freedom...
Chay... God Speed and our prayers are with you... Be safe and stay Strong.

RC_Alan
Old 08-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan
I second that Semper FI Devil Dog!!! You know it really put's life and the things we enjoy into persective... Our Friends, our Brothers, Our Sisters and for some even our parents are over there and in Afganistan fighting to protect what most Americans take for granted... And that's Freedom...
Chay... God Speed and our prayers are with you... Be safe and stay Strong.

RC_Alan

OH-RAHH
Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Chuck,

how are you.

I really hope that Chay is going to come back from there in one piece, BUT...

I remember one race at the Sugarbowl very well. It was the day when your bonehead president started the war in Afghanistan.

When Bob Malphurs announced it over the PA, people were cheering and applauding. One of the sentences I heard most was: Nuke the mo....fu......

I thought I was in a bad movie and this day completely changed my attitude towards living in the US.

Now, all I hear is how bad it is that this guy and that guy has to go down there. Why is nobody cheering anymore?

What did you guys think? That someone else would fight that stupid war for you? Guess not.

You should thank G.W. and you should thank you constitution that this moron cannot be elected again !

Just my opinion.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Somehow, I had the impression that RC was beyond all this and that politics should be kept away from the forums, but I guess that this was a fairly simplistic view. After all, these are people's families we are talking about and really, my heart goes out to you guys ...hope the peoples return in one piece.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stefan
Hi Chuck,

how are you.

I really hope that Chay is going to come back from there in one piece, BUT...

I remember one race at the Sugarbowl very well. It was the day when your bonehead president started the war in Afghanistan.

When Bob Malphurs announced it over the PA, people were cheering and applauding. One of the sentences I heard most was: Nuke the mo....fu......

I thought I was in a bad movie and this day completely changed my attitude towards living in the US.

Now, all I hear is how bad it is that this guy and that guy has to go down there. Why is nobody cheering anymore?

What did you guys think? That someone else would fight that stupid war for you? Guess not.

You should thank G.W. and you should thank you constitution that this moron cannot be elected again !

Just my opinion.
I WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO EDIT THIS..... NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO BASH MY COUNTRY.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here we go...

While I dont agree with the war in Iraq, I DO support our troops and the fact that they are overthere doing their jobs, and I apreciate their courage and the fact that they are defending someones freedom.

RCRjuanabbe by telling people to shove their opinion up their a.., you're denigrating the very job that their doing, thanks to them we have the right to have our own opinion, regardless of weather you agree or not.

BRING THEM HOME!
Old 08-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OH, I see, now you edited your post
Old 08-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Stefan,

Why am I not surprised that you're from Germany? While most of the world was trying to isolate Iraq, German firms were helping Saddam build bunkers. Mit Freunden wie die Deutschen, wer braucht Feinden?

Now back on topic:

I hope your friend brought some RC stuff with him to Iraq. I've seen a couple videos of soldiers racing their RC's against each other out there in the desert. Please give him our best and let him know that the "silent majority" here in the U.S. are proud of him and won't spit on him (literally or symbolically) when he returns home.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Here we go...

While I dont agree with the war in Iraq, I DO support our troops and the fact that they are overthere doing their jobs, and I apreciate their courage and the fact that they are defending someones freedom.

RCRjuanabbe by telling people to shove their opinion up their a.., you're denigrating the very job that their doing, thanks to them we have the right to have our own opinion, regardless of weather you agree or not.

BRING THEM HOME!
I got carried away for a second there... and thank you for your support..
while no one in the right mind would like to go to war, some of us has to do what we have to do. let the politicians play their game, I do what I have to do to pick which politician I'd like to vote in and hope for the best. that is what we do as an american. for anyone to bash our men and women is unacceptable.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

I truly feel that, that is a nickname....not his real name. I didn't give his rank or anything.

Stefan, Your right, he's got us over there and now doesn't know what to do.

I have been in & out of hospital, and haven't been to the tracks, and didn't know what they did or didn't know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.