Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
7.2~7.4V output Rx and 7.2V servo ? >

7.2~7.4V output Rx and 7.2V servo ?

7.2~7.4V output Rx and 7.2V servo ?

Old 08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 7.2~7.4V output Rx and 7.2V servo ?

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, just my thought here.

with instroductions of Li-po Rx pack (7.4V) many has use it in nitro car along with voltage regulator. however, Servo these days is rated for 6v with report of unregulated Lipo pack reducung life of servo.

people who use Lipo pack these day use voltage regulator to lower the Voltage into the Rx. it take up space and sometime cause damage when people does not notice their lipo pack is drainned.

Does people think we can have Rx (most likely 2.4ghz system) that use and give 7.2V as well as servo that use 7.2~7.4V, with extra voltage, servo can be even faster or higher tourque.

what do you think?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been told by a reputable company that KO receiver and servos are safe as well as ACE servos, but I'm sure his testing was limited and probably not over the course of a year. He still recommended that I only run nimh cells after saying all of that.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Bud shouldnt be a hassle as the regulaters used keep the voltage at around
6v - 6.5v
I use the VXR 5amp regulater and it regulates to 6v with a led that comes on whe the pack drops below 6v it also cuts off power or high amp draw that pulls voltage down below 6v.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

many car today has tight space for eletronics, that is one of my concern too
Old 08-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

I have been running a spektrum system and analog airtronics servos for a while now on an unregulated lipo, no problems, and the servos are a bit faster. the only reason the higher voltage would hurt would be if one of the components like a transistor or capacitor couldn't handle it. if the voltage was too high, they would blow pretty quickly, so it wouldn't catch you in the middle of a race. receivers are more delicate and sensitive to the voltage input, so make sure you know that it will work for sure b4 plugging in a unregulated lipo, for example the spektrum is rated for the higher voltage. if you are looking for a regulator, I recommend the novak one as it has a switch built in.