Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for info on the Integy Tire Truer

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Looking for info on the Integy Tire Truer

I'm getting to the point I need a tire truer. A Hudy truer is out of my budget range so I am looking at the Integy tire truer. It looks like it is in the same price range as a Team Cobra Trackside Truer but the Integy truer has a better feature set. I'm looking for information on how it compares to the Team Cobra unit. Likes, dislikes, what is the cutter head is made of, does it have a graduated scale to measure how much you cut, etc.? TIA

Bill (Nitro TC3 RTR Racer)
Old 04-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Hey GP40X

I just picked one up(about a week ago)from Steve at SpeedTechRC.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/

Here's a pic rotation of it

http://secure400.automatedshops.com/...44103300056.31

There are no True graduated scale, just some lines on the dial and one on the base. The Cutter is pretty good, it cuts well but I've only used it for about 6 set of 1/12 tires and about 5 sets of 1/8 tires.

I got this one because the Airlines lost my Ofna truer, this one MOD-ed with a better motor, but the standard motor is fine. I just like to hog cut the first cut on new tires...

The Integy I got for 1/12 tires, but bought an 1/8 arbor just to have, and to try it out.

The Ofna is better if you going to cut lots of 1/8 tires, the auto movement of the cutter is really nice.

The Integy you have to move the cutter from a dial on the far side. For Sedan tires this isn't really a pain, and it works well on the Sedan tires, 1/12 is also easy to do, both cut really clean on the final, depending on what your final cut depth is. On 1/8 tires it works, but the motor can't cut the hog first cut I like to make, but none of the other truers will do this anyway, except the Cobra AC cutter, the really old one. I've cut 5 sets of 1/8 tires, so far but using the dial movement is getting to be a pain. If you true your tires as you go this won't be a problem, I just get lots of tires from friends, and stuff... I'm probably going to remove the dial crank and use an old electric screw driver for this, when I get time. But when I get all the tires cut I'l probably put the crank back on.

The newer Cobra AC motor doesn't seem to be as powerful as the older one I had, but I didn't really know the condition of the Newer truer, I was using one that someone had at the track, and running off a generator, when I did the hog cut it really ramped up the generator!!! But because its off a generator I really don't know if the motor was getting Full power... So this could be the problem...

Cobra DC(battery powered) is ok, but for me you need the micro adjuster thing(can't remember what its called), I really didn't like the place by hand using a ruler thing with the stock setup, I got one awhile back with the micro adjuster, but using a 540 or car motor was... well ok... It works, and it does a pretty good job on the finish cut(You need the snake cutter thing), for the size it can't be beat. Plus you can use any motor you have with you to run it.

Final...

For the money you can't beat the Integy... If you find your self doing alot of tires get an old electric screw driver and mount it were the crank goes.

Hope this Helps.

Have Fun!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]

Last edited by bgotori; 04-09-2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Bradley,

what kind of motor did you have in your Ofna?
Mine is getting tired and I was looking for an upgrade.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Hey stefan

Man... that was awhile ago. i got it at an electronics surplus store, Factor sales in Burbank, Ca. It was tad bigger that the stock motor, I'm trying to remember the specs. If I do I'll let you know. That motor could pull some amps, when I was hog cutting, because it would shutdown my 35 amp power supply, but ran well with the 110 amp one also from a electronics surplus supply in Pasadena, Ca.. X-Army thing I found there for $100.

Sorry about not remember hings getting old....hahaha

Have a Good One!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 04-10-2003, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Default MAX MOD

What ever happened to them?

IMHO, Max Mod made the best and most durable tire truers in the business.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hey stefan

Sorry I still can't recall the motor spec.'s...

Hey FREAKAH

I think they still around, but since I lost all my bookmarks I don't have there WebSite any more.

They have a Great Truer, but if your doing alot of tires turning that crank is a pain... I think thats why most people like the new truers, also the newer truers a lighter and alittle smaller... If you've lugged one around you know what I mean.

Have Fun!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 04-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Bradley,

don't torture your brain, I'll find a motor, no problem
Old 04-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

bgotori

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I need the Integy truer. It will be used to keep my NitroShoes in shape so this will save me money for more tires & I can get the two speed a little sooner. WooHoo

Bill (Nitro TC3 RTR Racer)
Old 04-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hey GP40X

Just remember... I just got it, so I don't know how long it will last. But so far I've Dead-Stopped it about 20 times... No Problems, and the motor torque seems to be the same!!! I looked at the brushes, and Arm and it looks Ok too...

Also on the final... I make a 1mm cut, making 2 passes each way. Then I check the size. There all even(+-.001)... So this is good enough for me. But some guys like it closer(+-.0005)... But to each his own... If you want it closer just keep cutting without moving the dial.

You might ask about a spare cutter just incase... But so far I haven't bent it...hehehe

Have Fun!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 04-15-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just got the AC Team Cobra truer.
Anyone use a file or rasp to finish the edges?
Old 04-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Hey coastaltony

Yea.. I used to use one of those. Now I use a Concaved Snake skin file thing I got at a Swap meet about 3yrs ago.

Its easier if you have some sort of brace for your hand when you do this, that way there all the same radius.

Have Fun

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 04-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Look in the airplane section of your LHS, there's some carbide flat sanders made, I bought one about 15 years ago and it still works great...also, a bookstore that sells drafting equipment will have some cheap pencil sharpening sanders that work good. they have multiple sheets of sandpaper mounted on a paint stirring-looking thing.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys
Old 05-03-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Initiate

I just got the truer, but I'm not exactly sure which way it's supposed to spin -- it didn't come with any instructions. Is it supposed to spin against the grain of the teeth or with them?
Old 05-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

lets suppose you have teh money to spend..is the HUDY the real deal?.....I was going to get the executive......(plus that great aluminum case)....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.