R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   What's going on with Kyosho? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/174261-whats-going-kyosho.html)

miker2209 07-26-2007 11:34 PM

What's going on with Kyosho?

I have lately tried to get some parts for my Evolva, like belts, pulley adapters, etc., you know, normal spare parts. I am sure somebody has it, but still my point is that it looks like there is a lack of parts in the market. And i am not talkin gonly US, but not even RC Champ, wich is a japanese hobby shop have stuff.

Anybody know what's going on? New car coming out? Do i need to start thinking about Serpent or Mugen?

fatboy 07-26-2007 11:53 PM

well, i face the same fate too especially in Malaysia.

Just switch to 960 and the parts support are wonderful at everywhere and any net.

make a try :flaming:

cdelong 07-27-2007 01:46 AM

We're in the middle of racing season guy's...... everybody needs parts and they probably have a difficult time meeting demands just like Mugen and Serpent.

The problem is not exclusive to Kyosho. Look at the beginning of every racing season (spring) in the US....... tires and engines are tough to come by and so are bodies ;)

Same applies to the winter season for carpet guy's...... try to find batteries with good numbers :lol:

quietstorm76 07-27-2007 02:59 AM

It's a Worlds year and it seems this happens every other year. Same with engines.

Big Jeff BBQ 07-27-2007 04:06 AM

I have plenty of motors quietstorm !

J.E.:batman:

fastharry™ 07-27-2007 05:41 AM

they left tower hobbies.............

and hired Rc enthusiast's instead of people who can MAINTAIN an inventory........

rc_alan 07-27-2007 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by fastharry (Post 3524620)
they left tower hobbies.............

and hired Rc enthusiast's instead of people who can MAINTAIN an inventory........

One word... WOW

RC_Alan

fastharry™ 07-27-2007 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by cdelong (Post 3524300)
We're in the middle of racing season guy's...... everybody needs parts and they probably have adifficult time meeting demands just like Mugen and Serpent.

The problem is not exclusive to Kyosho. Look at the beginning of every racing season (spring) in the US....... tires and engines are tough to come by and so are bodies ;)

Same applies to the winter season for carpet guy's...... try to find batteries with good numbers :lol:

not according to fatboy...

GMartinez 07-27-2007 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by miker2209 (Post 3524146)
I have lately tried to get some parts for my Evolva, like belts, pulley adapters, etc., you know, normal spare parts. I am sure somebody has it, but still my point is that it looks like there is a lack of parts in the market. And i am not talkin gonly US, but not even RC Champ, wich is a japanese hobby shop have stuff.

Anybody know what's going on? New car coming out? Do i need to start thinking about Serpent or Mugen?

Not sure what is definite regarding a new car but on rc-mushroom they have an Evolva 07 listed in the parts section

alana07 07-27-2007 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by fatboy (Post 3524176)
well, i face the same fate too especially in Malaysia.

Just switch to 960 and the parts support are wonderful at everywhere and any net.

make a try :flaming:

that's becos K brand dont have a proper distribution channel in M'sia, and 1/8 onroad ain't that popular there too.....

bakaguyjean 07-28-2007 09:13 AM

Kyosho is not that popular here in Japan for 1/8th, We have Evolva parts at our store but we dont keep a whole lot of parts as they are just not that popular. We usally keep one or two each around. Mugen on the other hand is more popular.Im not trying to drum up sales but we sell to all of Japan and Overseas the Fanthom just isnt popular.
Mini-Zs on the other hand is The Kyosho Gold mine.

spork01 07-28-2007 10:14 AM

1/8th scale on-road is dieing out in most markets. Thats why Xray made a touring car and not an 1/8th scale.

wallyedmonds 07-28-2007 10:39 AM

alot of ppl are going through an offroad thingy at this time,
i tried the 1/10 elc offroad but it wasent as much fun as 1/10 nitro.
i like speed
its very nice :D

jpeck 07-28-2007 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by spork01 (Post 3527815)
1/8th scale on-road is dieing out in most markets. Thats why Xray made a touring car and not an 1/8th scale.

:rolleyes: so far...

Erock 07-28-2007 02:33 PM

Depending on what parts you need, check out Delta MFG. The XP is the same....pretty much.

Call up and ask for Dave.