Community
Wiki Posts
Search

negative diff - LSD - one way ........

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

negative diff - LSD - one way ........

Can someone explain the good & bad on this subject on all aspect (I am still very new in R/C nitro, need some help..... I am sure many of us newbie would like to learn more form this forum)

Pls explain as clear as possible, so that we know what & when to use the different type of diff. gear box.

Thnx.......

Old 05-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

what kind of car are you refering to?

a negative diff is designed to act like a regular diff when off throttle and a solid rear axle on throttle it has a diff in it that can be filled with diff oil and a clutch that somehow locks the rear wheels together like a solid when on power

a one way is used for more high speed steering it allows the outer wheel in a turn to free wheel while turning instead of a diff which has some resistance

i dont think lsds are used onroad just offroad in 1/8 buggies

i have the mtx3 and i like the rear diff with one way setup using different thickness rear diff oil i can alter the amount of rear traction depending on track conditions
Old 05-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by jason102276
what kind of car are you refering to?

a negative diff is designed to act like a regular diff when off throttle and a solid rear axle on throttle it has a diff in it that can be filled with diff oil and a clutch that somehow locks the rear wheels together like a solid when on power

a one way is used for more high speed steering it allows the outer wheel in a turn to free wheel while turning instead of a diff which has some resistance

i dont think lsds are used onroad just offroad in 1/8 buggies

i have the mtx3 and i like the rear diff with one way setup using different thickness rear diff oil i can alter the amount of rear traction depending on track conditions
I am driving a kyosho v1rr, you were mentioning the lsd is not use for onroad ???

but i found alot of discussion on this in the v1rr thread

Last edited by CS Lo; 05-07-2003 at 01:19 AM.