R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
How about turning your computer off..

If I were going to buy a race legal engine right now I would either buy the Sirio STI or the IDM Evo 3.
my computer cant turn off
and a red dot is faster than a sirio sti
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
my computer cant turn off
and a red dot is faster than a sirio sti
I disagree with both of your statements, but the red dot seems to be a good engine. I would just rather get the IDM Evo 3 version instead of the Evo 2 version.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
I disagree with both of your statements, but the red dot seems to be a good engine. I would just rather get the IDM Evo 3 version instead of the Evo 2 version.
what is a IDM evo 3,is it a sirio moded by someone

and my pc can not turn off. even if the power go's out it's on.lets say its not a pc per say.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:38 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds View Post
what is a IDM evo 3,is it a sirio moded by someone

and my pc can not turn off. even if the power go's out it's on.lets say its not a pc per say.

The IDM engine is a picco based engine modified by Daniel Ileasi. The JL red dot is based on the Picco evo 2 engine. The IDM engines are based on the Picco evo 3 engine.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

People mostly buy engines based on price. I agree that most up market engines are really great but they do not last very long which sucks, but if you can afford it than more power to you. Most of the time people over look "cheaper" engines, they think it's cheap, it must be bad not in this case, the red dot is an affordable great engine with explosive mid to high range that will propel your car to race winning speed. I say give those engines a chance you never know I work at nitro house and I have to say those engines are going fast. Shameless plug
Old 08-08-2007, 04:07 AM   #36
Tech Elite

and you can get 2 red dots for the $ of 1 max,novarossi,jp, motor.
the guys that run them up here like them,a little slow at the top but the infield,you cant touch them.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:09 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
The IDM engine is a picco based engine modified by Daniel Ileasi. The JL red dot is based on the Picco evo 2 engine. The IDM engines are based on the Picco evo 3 engine.
where can one look to get one of these evo 3 engine's.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #38
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
gas huffer, plug the exhaust stinger for a few seconds will safely stop the motor. you can also flip it upside down and use your shoe to stop the flywheel though thats a harsher way of doing it. plugging the stinger is suggested.

i have a Jammin JPX .21 in my Jammin FTE> Great motor.
i would suspect the Jammin JPX .12 to be a great motor to.

but Sirio. novarossi and OS are also great motors as are Colarris and Jammins.
what pipe are u guys running with the rb r3?
V for Victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #39
Tech Rookie

Quote:
How about turning your computer off..

If I were going to buy a race legal engine right now I would either buy the Sirio STI or the IDM Evo 3.
HI SCOTT, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE SIRIO STI RUNNING AT 10.000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL???

i AM PLANNING TO BUY A NEW ENGINE FOR MY V ONE, AND I AM TRIYNG TO FIND THE MORE SUITABLE FOR MY TRACK ALTITUDE. i HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT MODIFIED ENGINES, I ACTUALLY OWN AN OS EB MODS, BUT THERE IS NO ACTUAL INFORMATION FOR MY TRACK CONDITIONS.
BYRON`S 20%
XRAY T2
KYOSHO V ONE RRR

10000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL
VERY HIGH
SEBAS V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBAS V View Post
HI SCOTT, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE SIRIO STI RUNNING AT 10.000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL???

i AM PLANNING TO BUY A NEW ENGINE FOR MY V ONE, AND I AM TRIYNG TO FIND THE MORE SUITABLE FOR MY TRACK ALTITUDE. i HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT MODIFIED ENGINES, I ACTUALLY OWN AN OS EB MODS, BUT THERE IS NO ACTUAL INFORMATION FOR MY TRACK CONDITIONS.
I have never run at that high of an altitude, but with the proper head clearance and mixture any engine should run.

Wally:

The IDM engines are available through teamxspower.com. They are the importer for the USA. They will be distributed through phenix distribution. Their site have no info so I would email them, or call. There is a thread on the IDM engine line in the nitro engine forum. That might be the best place to ask about them as xspower goes to that forum with some frequency
Old 08-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #41
Tech Rookie

Quote:
I have never run at that high of an altitude, but with the proper head clearance and mixture any engine should run.

Wally:

The IDM engines are available through teamxspower.com. They are the importer for the USA. They will be distributed through phenix distribution. Their site have no info so I would email them, or call. There is a thread on the IDM engine line in the nitro engine forum. That might be the best place to ask about them as xspower goes to that forum with some frequency
I have been running 1/10 nitro for about 3 years at this altitude, but i am trying to find an edge with my engine. We will have a new track on november and i will finally be running in the expert class. This guys are a little reserved in their engine modifications, so i found rc tech to be a good source of information for picking up a new engine and tune it for a win.

I guess the main issue is oxygen and the engine`s compression. But i have heard that the size of the conrod and travel of the piston can have an effect in bottom or end power. That makes me wonder what engine will be more suitable for my track?
BYRON`S 20%
XRAY T2
KYOSHO V ONE RRR

10000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL
VERY HIGH
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #42
Tech Elite

I don't know if where you race, there is a limit but my first thought was running a higher nitro percentage. I would try 40%. Not enough air in the atmosphere, so get in the fuel supply.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #43
Tech Rookie

Good suggestion, actually we have a 20% nitro limitation but since we will have a new track, we are going to check some of the rules and i will give the suggestion of going to 40% nitro and increase the size of the carb restrictor.

But i still have to buy a new engine, what do you guys think i should pick?
BYRON`S 20%
XRAY T2
KYOSHO V ONE RRR

10000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL
VERY HIGH
Old 08-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #44
Tech Regular

KYOSHO X312T engine

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/fun/specia...12t/index.html
nikoskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #45