R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Allan were you at the mugen race?? To back up what your saying did you see race??? How would you how i did with it?? Just wondering!!!
Josh Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Pease View Post
Josh the ct4 and ct5 are the same!! How ever the ct4r is a good car I just race one this weekend at the mugen race and won the sportsman class by alot didnt want to run sportsman but the made me since I have never ran onraod befor. Anyways the cor workd very well if you want more info let me know.
1. Your 1st post said that you won the Mugen Cup, which you didn't, You won the sportsman/novice I guess... Which really does not count... 2. I guess you don't read your own posts... 3. When I asked you to post who you beat, who was in the A-main and what factory teams were there... You never did/You couldn't do that. All you said was that you raced in the Sportsman/novice class and that you won by alot... Great

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan View Post
If you race the car or whatever you plan on doing with it, be careful not to break anything... VERY and I do mean VERY few hobby shops carry parts for that car anymore. Your best bet would be to build the car and then sell it to someone that does not know any better and cut your losses... .02
RC_Alan

Alan, i dont plan to race the car nor bash it.. i bought a ct5, snap a belt.. and thats about it for that kit..

ill just put this on display or something.. run it every now and then.. but not rough..

suppppppport.. is a pain.. for cen..

hmmmm.. now... if i have the resources.. what to buy next.. the g4+ or the f180 of serpent the spp f180 is being sold in our LHS in verrrrry competive price.. roughly $900 USD for the RTR.

----

also.. i think you are right.. i posted and pm'ed a couple of ct4r users on cen forum.... hmm.. seems that no one responded.

----

Josh... is it possible for you to post some pictures of your CT4R?

tnx..
mrwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yes but ill have to pm them to you!! from there you can do as you wish with them
Josh Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Pease View Post
Yes but ill have to pm them to you!! from there you can do as you wish with them
Cool..

also.. Loveless pm me.. and the ct5 that he uses.. is now ok.. enjoy!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilson View Post
Alan, i dont plan to race the car nor bash it.. i bought a ct5, snap a belt.. and thats about it for that kit..

ill just put this on display or something.. run it every now and then.. but not rough..

hmmmm.. now... if i have the resources.. what to buy next.. the g4+ or the f180 of serpent the spp f180 is being sold in our LHS in verrrrry competive price.. roughly $900 USD for the RTR.

----

also.. i think you are right.. i posted and pm'ed a couple of ct4r users on cen forum.... hmm.. seems that no one responded.

----

tnx..
That question has been asked 1000 times on this thread... Ok, only a couple hundred... jk... It really depends on what you want to do. Do you want to race against others and be competitive or do you want to Bash around and get bored after awhile??? And as for that F180 by Serpent, That car is not for everyone... It's nice, but I would never race with it if I had one... It's more of a show piece and a car that brings the feel of F1 racing to RC for a select few... If you want to race and be competitive, 1. Go to you local track in your area if there is one and see what the local drivers are racing with. 2. Go to the local hobby shops and see what cars and parts they carry and support... Oh, and no "Hobby People" don't count as a real racers hobby store... lol 3. You can't go wrong with the top 5 companies, but if you're new to racing, drive what the other local racers are using at the track... You'll have much better track side support and you won't get lost in setting up your car either... That alone can save you from many head aches... I hope I answered your question...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 07-24-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:18 AM   #37
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur

Quote:
That question has been asked 1000 times on this thread... Ok, only a couple hundred... jk... It really depends on what you want to do. Do you want to race against others and be competitive or do you want to Bash around and get bored after awhile??? And as for that F180 by Serpent, That car is not for everyone... It's nice, but I would never race with it if I had one... It's more of a show piece and a car that brings the feel of F1 racing to RC for a select few... If you want to race and be competitive, 1. Go to you local track in your area if there is one and see what the local drivers are racing with. 2. Go to the local hobby shops and see what cars and parts they carry and support... Oh, and no "Hobby People" don't can't as a real racers hobby store... lol 3. You can't go wrong with the top 5 companies, but if you're new to racing, drive what the other local racers are using at the track... You'll have much better track side support and you won't get lost in setting up your car either... That alone can save you from many head aches... I hope I answered your question...

RC_Alan
What he said!
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:24 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
That question has been asked 1000 times on this thread... Ok, only a couple hundred... jk... It really depends on what you want to do. Do you want to race against others and be competitive or do you want to Bash around and get bored after awhile??? And as for that F180 by Serpent, That car is not for everyone... It's nice, but I would never race with it if I had one... It's more of a show piece and a car that brings the feel of F1 racing to RC for a select few... If you want to race and be competitive, 1. Go to you local track in your area if there is one and see what the local drivers are racing with. 2. Go to the local hobby shops and see what cars and parts they carry and support... Oh, and no "Hobby People" don't count as a real racers hobby store... lol 3. You can't go wrong with the top 5 companies, but if you're new to racing, drive what the other local racers are using at the track... You'll have much better track side support and you won't get lost in setting up your car either... That alone can save you from many head aches... I hope I answered your question...
RC_Alan

Dude.. im not asking a question

i just said.. im not gonna use the ct4r..

and.. im lost.. with our discusssssion.. heheheheheeheheh

anyways... moving forward..

CT4R? (any more users.. out there?)
Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilson View Post

----

----

tnx..
First off... My name is not Dude... 2nd. You did ask me a question... 3rd. if you would read what you type/asked you would see that I did answer your question... I know this can't be that hard, because it's really not... Let me copy and paste what you asked...

Quote... hmmmm.. now... if i have the resources.. what to buy next.. the g4+ or the f180 of serpent the spp f180 is being sold in our LHS in verrrrry competive price.. roughly $900 USD for the RTR. Un-quote...

I'm really starting to think some peeps really need to do more reading comprehension before they post and ask questions...

RC_Alan
Old 07-25-2007, 02:52 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Quote:
First off... My name is not Dude... 2nd. You did ask me a question... 3rd. if you would read what you type/asked you would see that I did answer your question... I know this can't be that hard, because it's really not... Let me copy and paste what you asked...

Quote... hmmmm.. now... if i have the resources.. what to buy next.. the g4+ or the f180 of serpent the spp f180 is being sold in our LHS in verrrrry competive price.. roughly $900 USD for the RTR. Un-quote...

I'm really starting to think some peeps really need to do more reading comprehension before they post and ask questions...

RC_Alan
the g4+ and the f180.. is for my collection (im thinking...).. i dont race.. yet. sooo... support isnt that big of a deal (i can wait 2 weeks for oders and stuff..) .... for now..

take it easy sir...

Last edited by mrwilson; 07-25-2007 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #41
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This thread has been dead for awhile but I have to add my two cents. I read all of the posts and you guys make me laugh!!

I truly think that any car can win any race with the right driver. Sure, the driver will have to commit to making the car work for his style but I think it can be done.

You can't tell me that a hot shot driver from Serpent, Mugen, etc. can't make any manufacturers car look great.
CADPilot is offline   Reply With Quote