R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-10-2007, 02:37 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

phew, i almost bought that. previously we (about 3ppl) using spektrum face this problem. somehow loose signal, end up crashing my car. ok, i think spectrum is really not that reliable.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:59 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Well im using Futaba SS for 1 year now and all i can say is amazing.. Your problem is to me pretty familiar..When my bateries are depleted car is doing this only one servo is working or the car is going in fail safe...

I have both nitro and electro TC and its the same by both cars.

Hov much cells and wich cells youre driving with.Cuz im pretty shure that batteries are your problem.Try some other if possible new cells..

Cheers
Jetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
I am having a problem with my brand new 3PKS w/ FASST system. I'm planning on calling Futaba tomorrow, but in the meantime i thought i might see if anyone has any ideas. The issue is that i am randomly losing the signal from the transmitter and going into failsafe mode. At first i thought it was a problem with my receiver switch, and then thought it was the battery/rx power, but have ruled both of those out now. When it happens the light on the receiver goes red. It appears that i can turn off both the tx and rx, and then turn them on again and it will work again until the next occurrence.

I am running the antenna inside the body but have not modified the length, and i also had the tx antenna horizontal and down and not extended vertically. Could this possibly be the cause? The track is very small and the issue was occurring at distances of 30-40 ft. I'm sure it's better for range to have the antenna up, but i'm having trouble imaging that would cause this problem at such short range.

The only other thing i've noticed is that the receiver was quite hot after running. Is it possible that excess heat could cause the problem?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!
Hi Chris
Finally i've found someone with the same problem, now i'm convinced there is a flaw with the fasst system, and its heat related.
What did you hear back from Futaba?
I've had absolutely no luck with them, won't return calls or respond to emails, both locally here in Australia or to their US emails..

Here's a post i made a while ago, sound familiar?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202441
Alex Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:09 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
I am having a problem with my brand new 3PKS w/ FASST system. I'm planning on calling Futaba tomorrow, but in the meantime i thought i might see if anyone has any ideas. The issue is that i am randomly losing the signal from the transmitter and going into failsafe mode. At first i thought it was a problem with my receiver switch, and then thought it was the battery/rx power, but have ruled both of those out now. When it happens the light on the receiver goes red. It appears that i can turn off both the tx and rx, and then turn them on again and it will work again until the next occurrence.

I am running the antenna inside the body but have not modified the length, and i also had the tx antenna horizontal and down and not extended vertically. Could this possibly be the cause? The track is very small and the issue was occurring at distances of 30-40 ft. I'm sure it's better for range to have the antenna up, but i'm having trouble imaging that would cause this problem at such short range.

The only other thing i've noticed is that the receiver was quite hot after running. Is it possible that excess heat could cause the problem?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!
Hi Chris,

This seems very simular to the problem I have been having. I use the same servos, used in HRS mode and same radio.

You can view my thread here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201249

I am very sure if you open up the TX Module and seperate the top circuit deck from the lower deck and put it back together, the problem will stop for a while and then return.

It seems to be a fault with the 2.4Ghz system operating in the HRS mode.

After that thread I bought a new Tx & Rx. It worked great for 2 weeks then the problem came back. I ended up buying a new radio Wednesday and going over to 75Mhz HRS.

Hope Futaba could get this issue resolved.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:35 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

hrs mode should be used only with hrs module and reciever, the fasst module and rx should be set to ppm mode according to the manual
Z-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:09 AM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme View Post
phew, i almost bought that. previously we (about 3ppl) using spektrum face this problem. somehow loose signal, end up crashing my car. ok, i think spectrum is really not that reliable.
Myself and people I know have had this problem. I can tell you that the module antenna is a big cause of this. My friend sent his stuff back to spektrum, he paid shipping, they fixed it and shipped it back no charge. I sent them one set from my old radio, and they did the same deal for me. Both of us never had a problem after getting our stuff back from them. Also, I bought a new radio (Helios) with spektrum pro and i've never had a problem with that one since new. I did have a 5 cell flat receiver pack that had a bad cell and it was brand new. It drove me nuts because it would fully charge, look fine voltage wise, then i'd run for a couple minutes and the fail safe would kick in. I checked each cell and one was about a volt less than the other 4. So, put in another new pack, and never had a problem since. Just wanted to give my opinion that spektrum did have some serious problems at first but I feel that they've fixed them all now.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:48 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mann View Post
hrs mode should be used only with hrs module and reciever, the fasst module and rx should be set to ppm mode according to the manual
I do not think you can even activate HRS if the module and receiver does not support it. When I use to run the Spectrum Brand in my 3PKS, I could never get the HRS mode to work. It's only when I went over to the Fasst system did HRS activate. The servos were the same.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #23
Tech Adept

i never have had the futaba fast but i do know with spektrum that they have this problem when the voltage falls below 6 volt they call it a brown out there are 2 fixes one swith to lipo with a regulator above or at 6 volts the other by spektrum they have a reserve bug that you plug in so when you fall below that 6 volt threshold the bug kick in extra juice