R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-24-2002, 07:10 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

I picked up the kit this evening. I also got the "X" brace, the brake cam brace (for looks), and a "N"ternational heatsink head for the rossi's. This head drops temp by a good 30 degrees. If you saw it, you'd swear it's a .21 head!!! I'm looking forward to building the car more then I am driving it. LOL I'm signing up for the ROAR nitro sedan nat's at the end of June. That should be cool.
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:12 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

I noticed Serpent only sells the left and right brace together. That $ucks, now you have to buy both to get one...
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:37 PM   #48
Tech Adept

You can buy the right side only chassis stiffener. Part number 801134. Good luck with your new car.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2221
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:48 PM   #49
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Re: Small bearing Conversion....

Quote:
Originally posted by got_speed?
Does anyone know where I can pickup the small bearing conversion for the Impulse I know I have seen it somewhere...just can remember where
Thanks
I think some guy posted some type of bearing convesion on eBay. Check it out and see if its still there.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 09:48 AM   #50
Tech Regular

Thanks Dan.....I knew I saw it somewhere
got_speed? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 03:57 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Is anyone running a Lola VDS Body on thier Impulse Pro....I'm curious to find out what modifications you guys did to make it work.....

Thanks
Old 01-30-2002, 04:41 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Just finished mine last Friday. Handling is unreal with floating mount and lola body. The way I made it fit was to use Impact M2 front bumper and front body mount plate. Neither will fit without some cutting. Also can't use foam bumper or shock towers with this setup. I'll try to post some pics this weekend. Truly a worthwhile conversion. Using stock setup and RUBBER tires, car was glued to the track. Can't wait to try some foams.

Last edited by Nemesis; 01-30-2002 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:47 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
Just finished mine last Friday. Handling is unreal with floating mount and lola body. The way I made it fit was to use Impact M2 front bumper and front body mount plate. Neither will fit without some cutting. Also can't use foam bumper with this setup. I'll try to post some pics this weekend. Truly a worthwhile conversion. Using stock setup and RUBBER tires, car was glued to the track. Can't wait to try some foams.
Nemesis.... ...now why did I know that you would be the one who'd be able to help me out!!!

Hey Nem....please post the Impact part#'s

THANKS!!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 05:35 PM   #54
Tech Adept

got_speed? The parts I used are 808120 Impact bumper and 808130 front body mount plate. There is a good bit of cutting involved. The bumper is slightly too wide. Also depending on who makes your body it may be too long, mine was. The body mount plate needs to be cut not only to fit, but also to uncover front droop screws. You'll then have to drill new holes to mount it to the front bulkheads. I'm not sure if the new PRO kit comes with those really short extra body posts, so you may need to get some kind of posts. The plastics used are VERY hard, time consuming to cut. CAUTION: the fumes generated during cutting are HIGHLY toxic, please do this outside. It sounds like alot but it's not that bad. Alternatively, you could remove foam bumper and test fit your body. Most GTP bodies require the upper bumper brace to be trimmed some. This looks a little hack to me so I used the Impact parts, the car has a very finished look with them. Sorry about the length of this, I wanted to let you know what's involved. As I said I'll try to post pics this weekend. Good Luck.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:44 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Hey Nemesis....called my LHS they have the bumper...i'll pick some up tonight....I'll let you know how it goes....I'm using the Kawahara Lola Body....it'll be great to see the pics!!!

Thanks
Old 01-30-2002, 08:15 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Nem....got my parts...can you say "Dremell"
Old 01-30-2002, 08:17 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

got speed:
Bring that bad boy out this Sunday. 5 of us are racing outlaws. Its gonna be fun!!!
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 07:55 AM   #58
Tech Adept

Default Hey got_speed?

Please be careful cutting, the fumes really are DEADLY. Good luck. You guys make me wish I was running in Cali. Sometimes I think I've got the only outlaw car in Virginia. Have fun Sunday.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:25 AM   #59
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to vthondaboi Send a message via Yahoo to vthondaboi

i was wondering with the impulse pro can you slap some rubber tire/wheel combos on there and is it strictly a foam tire car?...because I don't want to be able to run it on weekeds only if foam is the only tire choice
vthondaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 01:16 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Default Re: Hey got_speed?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
Please be careful cutting, the fumes really are DEADLY. Good luck. You guys make me wish I was running in Cali. Sometimes I think I've got the only outlaw car in Virginia. Have fun Sunday.
Nemesis....I'm done I think it looks pretty good considering......BTW I read in the V-One thread that you have a .15 Big Block on the Impulse ...what engine mount did you use
can you post some pics??? Thanks!!!!