R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

guys don't bother with anti freeze and all these crazy hazardous stuff. just chrome the pipe, and it cleans all of very easily after each race day with detergent and warrm to hot water i payed $40 australian to chrome my nova pipe.

here is the beast with the chromed out dubs,...i mean pipe
Attached Thumbnails
car cleaning-dscf0002.jpg  
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Thanks to all for your reply's.

You've been very helpful
Wild Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Ice_nl

I use an air compressor to clean the most dirt off and then i strip down the car and use serpent cleaning putty.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

All i do is put some fuel on a rag and scrub it off you'd be surprised how good nitro fuel is at removing nitro residue plus it puts a little coat of oil to stop any surface rust or oxidization i go over most of the car, you'd be shocked how long a wet fuel rag last too once it starts getting dirty just turn it in side out its still wet with fuel on the other side u just go through rags quick cause of how good of a job it dose it just's messes up the rag you wouldn't even use 50ml and you'll get most of the hard parts off then just go over with a clean rag to get every last bit off.

But this method don't compare to striping the car down and cleaning it properly but thats a huge job then for it to go straight back to how it was after one run

BUT ALL THIS IS AFTER 5-10min of blowing the crap out of it with a compressor which gets 75% off
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 07-12-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:20 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

wouldn't recommend this but when I'm feeling lazy i just give it a light spray with degreaser and wash the degreaser off with WD40 no water involved but heavily coat it with WD40 and blow it all off for at least 10-20Min making sure i blow every last drop out then i go over it with a dry clean rag this makes the car come up like new but once again i don't recommended this I'm just willing to deal with the consequences if something goes wrong
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 07-12-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
guys don't bother with anti freeze and all these crazy hazardous stuff. just chrome the pipe, and it cleans all of very easily after each race day with detergent and warrm to hot water i payed $40 australian to chrome my nova pipe.

here is the beast with the chromed out dubs,...i mean pipe
holly sh** what motor is that it looks awsome but the antifreez works really well
Old 07-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The anti freeze method sounds interesting so I'll give it a try.

I've been using an ultrasonic cleaner like the one in the link below to clean my exhaust pipe and header. I fill it with Simple Green drop in the pipe and turn it on to its maximum time which is eight minutes. It's been working great at removing all the gunk from the pipe. I then polish it up with a little Mothers polish afterwards.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93035

The ultrasonic cleaner also works well when tearing down the car for a complete cleaning and rebuild. The downside is the cost of the cleaner and the time required.

Just like everyone else has said, always start by blowing off the car with compressed air for a good 10 minutes. That helps remove 75% of the dirt before you start other cleaning.
Chemical X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Default Tom B

Yo, TomB whats that on your ur pipes exuast, looks like its fastweld or something to strenghthen it up in case of a side fender bender,,,

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow"...
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #24
Tech Master

For the pipes, I have seen some people using a product called carbon off. I've seen it at seen it at smart and final. Comes in an aerosol can. Looks like it does a great job.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

the best thing to do it get a spray bottle and fill it with water spray you car but not the electrics and the get a compressor and just blow it all away
driftkingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #26
Tech Regular

you go ahead and pray water but me i dont care if your clint eastwood if your spray isnt accurate then your electronics are gone i will stck with the cleaning pudy
Old 07-12-2007, 06:32 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Default Cleaning...

I second the motion, cleaning puddy....

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow"...
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
Yo, TomB whats that on your ur pipes exuast, looks like its fastweld or something to strenghthen it up in case of a side fender bender,,,
its a product which is sold in australia called "selleys Knead it" it is a two part compound that comes in a sausage roll type thing. you cut a peice of and it has the two compounds seperate, one in the centre the other on the outside layer, you mix it up by squishing it together, and then mold it around the stinger.

to get a neater look i mask out the pipe and leave only exposed where i want the putty to go, then i put it on, shaping it with a blade and my fingers. then as it is setting, it gets harder (only takes a few minutes) then i cut it to the desired style and then neaten it up, then leave it. Works well.

it is a more like playdoh, and not as runny as some other products so it is easy to work with.

we have a compressor at the track, so it is simple to keep the car clean, blow it of after each race, then power putty it. i give a light spray of metho over the top deck and plastics just to take the grease of, then i spray the car with silicone spray.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I use denatured alcohol and it doesn't damage my servos!!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #30
Tech Master

how do you guys clean engine crankcase especially thoes black spot in between the fins. It hard to access those area.
thamjk is offline   Reply With Quote