R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default New to Nitro on-road

What can you guys tell me about racing 1/8 on-road. I have run 8th off road for a yr and then I moved to TX and there is no track close to me that races 8th off road so I sold the car and everything for it so I can get into 8th on-road. What do I need to get started?
White.Wolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Where in Texas?
Darint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Are you planning to run the SWS races? There is a Rc Pro race in Readon (Ft. Worth) this weekend. Here is a link with info. You can see what most the guys are running. http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15207

Good luck.
Joe Maxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

mugen mrx4, for engine a mugen ninja and ninja pipe and you can pick a radio
rcfreak541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White.Wolff View Post
What can you guys tell me about racing 1/8 on-road. I have run 8th off road for a yr and then I moved to TX and there is no track close to me that races 8th off road so I sold the car and everything for it so I can get into 8th on-road. What do I need to get started?
Alot of money, but once you can get past that there's no turning back
Mugen MRX4-R is a good car to start off with because they are buiilt very strong and can take a good crash without exploding into pieces Picco P9 is great engine that is really inexpensive for such a underrated engine 289.00 you can't beat that,you can chase down any engine with a P9 period. Spectrum DSM is a good radio system. If you want to race thats a whole other game. Set-up station, truer, tires, plugs, belts, aftermarket parts, parts, fuel. Your looking at at least 2,000.00
Old 07-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Well I had already decided on the Mugen MRX-4 and RB power. Just wasn't sure about anything else. I do like the X-Ray setup station and the tire truer from them. I am also going to get a Airtronics M-11 I had a m8 before and I loved it. I have always wanted to race 8th on-road just could never afford it and there wasn't a race track around big enought. It's going to be had to race since I drive truck for a living. But my cars never saw anything else but race track, unless I was breaking in a engine.
White.Wolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by White.Wolff View Post
Well I had already decided on the Mugen MRX-4 and RB power. Just wasn't sure about anything else. I do like the X-Ray setup station and the tire truer from them. I am also going to get a Airtronics M-11 I had a m8 before and I loved it. I have always wanted to race 8th on-road just could never afford it and there wasn't a race track around big enought. It's going to be had to race since I drive truck for a living. But my cars never saw anything else but race track, unless I was breaking in a engine.
MRX4 is a good car. I race for Kyosho, so I will do my part and say you should have an Evolva, but the MRX is a good car. Your choice of RB is a good one. Get a C6. A tad bit soft on the bottom end, but good top speed, novarossi reliability (a big plus right now) , and good fuel consumption. You can't go wrong with Hudy tools and an airtronics radio. 1/8th onroad is A LOT FASTER than 1/8th offroad. You will have a lot more steering and traction as well. It is a lot of fun when things are working right.