R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Great Vigour bv-1

Great Vigour bv-1 are they good?? i have enver seen one run but my friend tell me that they go good
driftkingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftkingz View Post
Great Vigour bv-1 are they good?? i have enver seen one run but my friend tell me that they go good
Hi

They aren't the latest and greatest thing around, but they are a good car to start out racing with or just to bash around with your mates on the weekend. If you are in Australia, try and get one with the OS .15CVX as this motor is more reliable.

In Oz parts are easy to come by and are cheap as well. Good way to start out and it won't break the bank.

H_O

Check out www.modelengines.com.au for more details...
hooked_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:06 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

I've got one, and they're fairly tough. Got the OS15 engine as well, goes well hard enough for a beginner like myself.

Cheers

Darran
Old 07-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

i think they are a strong car compared to the rest of the beginners because their top chasis is metal where other car it is plastic so supose that it is heaps stronger but then i think that the car is way too heavy it badly need some weight reduction
Old 07-10-2007, 04:06 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftkingz View Post
i think they are a strong car compared to the rest of the beginners because their top chasis is metal where other car it is plastic so supose that it is heaps stronger but then i think that the car is way too heavy it badly need some weight reduction

I wouldn't worry about weight too much... at the end of the day the car has to be a certain minimum weight for racing. You are better off spending more time at the track learning to drive and working on your car setup. After almost 10 years at it, i still need work on my racing lines.

H_O
hooked_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

still it would be better if it was lighter so the power to weight is alot better
Old 07-16-2007, 05:10 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The BV-1 may be a good starting car but the V2000 was so so much better! Me and my dad had two V2000's they were absolute weapons 3 years ago when we started racing! Here is australia, GV actually re-released the V2000 because it was better then the BV-1
Old 12-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Default new to this

Hi Guys, sorry to dig up an old thread, but i've recently acquired one of these GV-BV1's off a mate only problem is he blew the pull start apart and can't find the old bits for it, i've treid a few local hobby shops with no luck, so im wondering if anyone knows where to get the parts for this, im based in New Zealand, but don't mind buying from overseas... I don't have much experience with nitro cars, lots with electric, but keen to get this beast running.

Not sure if i'm on the right track here, but I see there's a cut out under the chassis, is that for a starter box to crank the engine? would that be a better option, then locating a replacement pull start?

i've attached a few pics of the car, appreciate any help..
Attached Thumbnails
Great Vigour bv-1-1.jpg   Great Vigour bv-1-2.jpg   Great Vigour bv-1-3.jpg   Great Vigour bv-1-5.jpg  

Last edited by boardnz; 12-26-2011 at 10:01 PM.
boardnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Starter box is the way to go,most people pull the pull start too far and end up losing it and the box is easier to use
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #10
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardnz View Post
Hi Guys, sorry to dig up an old thread, but i've recently acquired one of these GV-BV1's off a mate only problem is he blew the pull start apart and can't find the old bits for it, i've treid a few local hobby shops with no luck, so im wondering if anyone knows where to get the parts for this, im based in New Zealand, but don't mind buying from overseas... I don't have much experience with nitro cars, lots with electric, but keen to get this beast running.

Not sure if i'm on the right track here, but I see there's a cut out under the chassis, is that for a starter box to crank the engine? would that be a better option, then locating a replacement pull start?

i've attached a few pics of the car, appreciate any help..
Hi

It is a Force engine, it will be either a .12 or a .15

As suggested you could purchase a starter box and start the engine that way an no longer need the pullstart. Or i would suggest checking out eBay to see if you can get a replacement pullstart for that Force engine, or contact Model Engines and see if they can head you in the right direction for a retailer in NZ.

Thanks
H_O