Wiki Posts
Search

g4s rtr tank problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default g4s rtr tank problem?

hi for a g4s rtr ,could anyone tell me where the gold filter should be in the fuel tank as mine is lying down? is this correct anyone got a photo I know its a bit small?I just think mine is not in the correct positionas I seem to be getting airbubbles in the line after my second fuel filter?
Thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hi for a g4s rtr ,could anyone tell me where the gold filter should be in the fuel tank as mine is lying down? is this correct anyone got a photo I know its a bit small?I just think mine is not in the correct positionas I seem to be getting airbubbles in the line after my second fuel filter?
Thanks
the filter in the tank should be sitting flat on the little square section on the bottom of the tank. it points straight up to the supply nipple. if you have a second filter in line, and its sitting higher than the carb fitting and the tank fitting, it will have a little airpocket in the filter. it cant escape as it is higher than both nipples. try it with out the second filter, if your tank is ok.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

hi Patto, ok my tank filter is lying flat with the nipple of the filter pointing roughly in the direction of the front right wheel, is this correct and also I think the second filter is higher so there might be an air pocket as you mentined, do I need another filter if theres one in the tank already??
thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hi I just pulled the tank from the car and you can clearly see from looking at the botom of the tank that the filter is simply lying flat and not pointing up through the plastic which connects to the supply nipple on top of the tank is this correct? I noticed it today as it simply quit running with about a quarter of an inch of fuel still left in the tank??
thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

hi Patto, ok my tank filter is lying flat with the nipple of the filter pointing roughly in the direction of the front right wheel, is this correct and also I think the second filter is higher so there might be an air pocket as you mentined, do I need another filter if theres one in the tank already??
thanks
id suggest a new tank for sure. once the tank is fixed id not bother with the second filter.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

thanks patto! its only 6 weeks old and I cannot work out how it got there?anyway will get a new one asap thanks also just one question i noticed that on some of the g4 cars picturered they have a small red electric item on the right side of the car is this a failsafe? thanks heaps!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

those are transponders. they are used to interact with lap counting software to run in competition. some use failsafes, but not many. as most late model radios have some sort of inbuilt failsafes than can be set.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Patto,
would you suggest the standard g4 tank or the kfactory fuel???also I live in a remore area and was hoping to build up some spare parts what are some of the popular spare parts that I should have if I am racing?
many thanks
Michael
Old 07-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Patto,
would you suggest the standard g4 tank or the kfactory fuel???also I live in a remore area and was hoping to build up some spare parts what are some of the popular spare parts that I should have if I am racing?
many thanks
Michael
where abouts are you ? i may have some parts available very shortly .
most are G4S parts that will fit the rtr. i will make a list of parts soon. they are no good to me anymore since the upgrades on my car. id go for the K Factory tank, but a std one will do , the k factory is supposed to seal better thats all, plus it has a better smoked look to it.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

HI I am in Far north queensland, australia and was going to order the parts from hong kong, there is no one dealing here in team magic so I have to get my parts etc else where, but at the end of the day I am very happy that I asked you guys at this forum on whats the best rtr and so i ended up going with the g4s. if you have anything then I would be more than happy to take a look at what you have got. my track here is fairly tight with a short straight so i was looking at getting some pinions and spurs so I can play around and hopefully gear a little lower.
thanks for your help!!