R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2003, 06:32 AM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
I love the power,so I'll get that if I can.....hows the 705 working out?..were you really that dissapointed in teh mugen?.......

have you seen the s3 run?..if you have,is it way faster than an s1?...
The 705 is coming along nicely. To date its not been like my modded Yok but that will be understandable. Just need to get used to the change and find the perfect setting to suite my style. But in general the car appears to be great.

I was dissappointed with the MTX3. The one I built had a lot of play in the hub carriers from not being able to tighten them up with causing unwanted friction in the suspension movement. Another guy at our club has one and he had the exact same problem. But I didnt give the car a chance to run so it probably would have freed itself up after a couple of runs and the slop could have been taken out.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:47 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
The TR range are designed for Trucks. They have a longer stroke to produce more torque to turn the larger truck wheels. The head is also slightly bigger to help keep the engine a lot cooler while churning out all that torque under high load.
Uhm.... probably I'm wrong, but the last time I checked the internal dimensions of the TS and TR engines, main difference was only on the numbers of fins of the head and the power output.... (bore and stroke were identical).

Much I suspect that the TR is different only on the timing of the engine.

The photo I attach is one of my S3 units from Novarrosi with the taller head. The decal of the box means RS12TS3A.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg novas3.jpg (133.4 KB, 435 views)
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:00 AM   #33
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Engine died off after emergency/accident

Quote:
Originally posted by CS Lo
My V1rr is fitted with a Nova S5 and the engine is tune by a pro in one of my LHS.

The engine works well at first, but I borke the crankshaft sometime back, I change the crankshaft and the problem started........
even the pro try to slove/find where and what is the problem......

Here are the story :-

When ever I have a emergency or accident or hit on some thing, most of the time the engine will died off..... and when i took the car back trying to restart the engine, I alway find it difficult to start the car, some time I notice there are "air" in the fuel line connecting the tank to the engine BUT not always.......

I am still trying way to findout what's wrong with the engine......

anyone can tell me what should I do ??

Wrong clutch setting and bottom end needle too lean. Ask your Pro to fix them for you !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:49 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default Its time for a new engine for my Yokomo GT4-S ... help please ...

Hi guys.

Its time to get a new engine, right now im using an RB .12 Rear exhaust engine on my Yokomo GT4-S.

Im considering an MT12, SX12 or MR12 Mugen-Nova engine. Now, they are a HUGE advantage v/s my actual engine ? (2 years old, no rebuild, running strong as new). I must go for a rossi based one ?, how is the OS .12 TR ? or the Fantom '03 .12 RE engine ?

Well, i will be waiting for your comments, BTW, must be an IFMAR/ROAR accepted engine.

thanks !

PAT

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:57 AM   #35
Tech Apprentice

I think that a Novarossi S3 is a very nice engine and it's ROAR legal. A Rody 235 is also a novabased engine and quite powerful. If you want a decent racing engine don't get the OS. At least that's my opinion I hope I've helped.
Speed De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:12 PM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Default michael salven engines

hi guys i need your opinion on the michael salven 5 port turbo,and the novarossi rs125ts5 of htese two wich is a better engine and wich one will accept modifications,we have and outlaw class so rule don't apply

thanks for any info

ps:also a while back i saw picsfrom the nuremberg show and i remember that novarossi was going to offer modified engines by one of their drivers (i remember their head was orange)anybody can shine more light on these engines

thanks
rcdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #37
Tech Master

Default Re: michael salven engines

Quote:
Originally posted by rcdubs
hi guys i need your opinion on the michael salven 5 port turbo,and the novarossi rs125ts5 of htese two wich is a better engine and wich one will accept modifications,we have and outlaw class so rule don't apply

thanks for any info

ps:also a while back i saw picsfrom the nuremberg show and i remember that novarossi was going to offer modified engines by one of their drivers (i remember their head was orange)anybody can shine more light on these engines

thanks
Both engines are very decent and evenly matched. I have the T5S5(1) and it is a great engine. Again both engines can be modified very heavily for outlaw.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:49 PM   #38
Tech Prophet

Default Re: michael salven engines

Quote:
Originally posted by rcdubs
NovaMax engines? I believe it is by their factory driver Massimo Fantini?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:15 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: michael salven engines

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
NovaMax engines? I believe it is by their factory driver Massimo Fantini?
Yep, but those engines are based on the next series of Novarossi engines (Hexagon - those with the orange head). By the moment not a word about availability of those engines. Only I know is that those engines (Hexagon ones) start to be available at the ends of June as a approximated launch date.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 04-29-2003, 10:25 AM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have any information about the Hexagon engines except the info on the Novarossi site???
Speed De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:36 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed De
Does anyone have any information about the Hexagon engines except the info on the Novarossi site???
Have heard rumours by two different sides that will be a completely new short stroke motor (stroke shorter than bore). Time is running out and much probably in few weeks we start to know a little more of those engine.

Much probably their first big race should be the European touring euros and will be seen in a very short supply (Hint: Much probably we see Hexagon incarnations under Novarossi and JP brands). Time will say.

This is a reason for discarding the actual RS12? Definitely not. The RS12 series is a mature engine and well know for their performance, much probably people will buy an Hexagon, but still race with their S3 until he gets confidence on the new engine.

If rumors about their ultra-short stroke is confirmed, for sure that will be a very powerful engine, but lacking low-end (Expect to be quite wrong about this) and a real explosive high end.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:58 AM   #42
Tech Master

If the stroke is shorter than the bore then I would say they have designed this engine with the Euros specifically in mind. This setup (shorter stroke than bore) will suite the fast flowing Vila Real track where brakes and first gear will be basically non existent on 200mm cars.

I will definately hurt the bottom end power and the engine will not be beneficial to us guys here in Northern Ireland. From tests we have found that the most benificial design for all track types is when the bore and stroke are the same (effectively a box shape).

As for the Euros, I am confident the engines I take with me will be capable of good lap times. All I need now is a robot version of myself to drive the car to perfection
Old 05-03-2003, 04:26 PM   #43
Tech Initiate

Does any one know of a hobby shop anywhere that has the RS12S3's in stock? I'm having a very hard time finding one and might have to buy an alternative.

Thanks!
nitrocannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #44
Tech Rookie

Default novarossi rs12-s2

hi there. I have a novarossi rs12-s2 and can anyone tell me if it's any good and any other useful info? also is it a non turbo as don't want to put the wrong one in and damage my new piston? thanks
novarossi 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #45
Tech Addict

wow, way to go to dig up an incredibly old thread!! last one is from 2003!! Post your question in the "Novarossi engines" thread in the engines section, its fairly active. heres the link: http://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-n...hread-274.html
but to give you some answers, putting in the wrong plug type is imposible as it cant be done. Only if you put in the wrong temperature plug, then it may not work properly as it should. All novarossi engines are good. It just depends on what you are looking for. This one probably wont be anywhere near as fast as the newer models, but it would still be a great engine for any 1/10 application. Just dont expect it to go like a rocket!