Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Nitro on-road.. which one? >

Nitro on-road.. which one?

Nitro on-road.. which one?

Reply

Old 04-26-2003, 03:52 PM
  #1  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 31
Default Nitro on-road.. which one?

I'm strongly thinking about getting a nitro on-road car, but im not exactly sure which one to get. Money is an issue, though not a big one. I'm thinking either the Associated Nitro TC3 or the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec. Im not thinking about racing it, but I would like it to have some good speed with its stock engine. Durability is also another thing, as I will not go easy on this car. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.. thanks
DBRacing25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 04:00 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

If it is durability you are after then the NTC3 is not the car for you. The most durable RTR car I have seen is the Yokomo GT4RTR. It also has good speed supplied with a .18 engine.
modellor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 04:17 PM
  #3  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 31
Default

hmm.. after I looked at the website for the Yokomo GT-4 RTR, I'm strongly thinking about that one as well. Any comments or anything anyone has to say.. good or bad.. about this car please post it. thanks again
DBRacing25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 04:33 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
 
THeGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,013
Default

I think you should think about the Triniry Reflex. I'm a Team Driver and love mine...

But check them all out.. NTC3, Mugen, Serpent and reflex. You really cant go wrong with any of them...
THeGame is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 05:40 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
chippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NSW OZ
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I would also having a look at the Kyosho V1s V1R series
These cars are the most likley to suffer less damage in the event of an accident.
But shop around and see what your local Hobby shop carries as this is where you will probably be frequenting when you need spares in a hurry.
chippy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 05:48 PM
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 403
Default

e 4-tec is fast. But if your really seriuos than get a NTC3 kit.
R C king is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 06:21 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
 
NitroNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 303
Default

Kyosho V One R(R) ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! kyosho has best durability than any other company out there do it do it do it!!!!!!
NitroNut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:06 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by NitroNut
Kyosho V One R(R) ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! kyosho has best durability than any other company out there do it do it do it!!!!!!

not according to the Mugen guys..
fastharry™ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:15 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
 
me43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: honolulu,HI
Posts: 1,156
Default

Originally posted by fastharry
not according to the Mugen guys..
me43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:36 PM
  #10  
Tech Regular
 
rrgt_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 310
Default

the vones or the rr for durabilty and speed the ntc3 aint that good at all!

Jeremy
rrgt_kid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:41 PM
  #11  
Tech Regular
 
Old Skool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 342
Default

Originally posted by rrgt_kid
the vones or the rr for durabilty and speed the ntc3 aint that good at all!

Jeremy
Wow what hater! NTC3 is as durable as any other TC. Slamming any car into a curb will wreck it, though...
Old Skool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:44 PM
  #12  
Tech Regular
 
rrgt_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 310
Default

there is also to many mods to get the ntc3 running correctly where as the mugen serpent kyosho there perfect out of the box!
rrgt_kid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:51 PM
  #13  
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MA
Posts: 31
Default

Thank you everyone for all of your replies.. i will deffinitely check them all out and see what I can do
DBRacing25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 01:43 AM
  #14  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 197
Default Don't knock the NTC3 if you....

don't own one. Too many mods to get the NTC3 running. Funny, I hear so many stories about box stock NTC3 running with the supposedly better cars..... There is no best car out there. Best is irrelevant since it comes down to preference and driving style. If you like smooth driving style then get a Serpent, a Mugen , Reflex NT or some other belted driven cars, if you like dive into a corner and stab out of it, and hell on straighways then NTC3 might be your choice not to say that none of these cars can not swap characteristics since that is all in suspension adjustments and swapping other parts. The best thing to do is go to your LHS see what they recommend, ask the local racers what they like and even ask them if it is possible to try their car out. They only way to really know what is best for you is by actually trying it for yourself. The choice will come down to what features are important to you, any car is good in box stock form but upgrades will depend on what level skill you have, if you are a beginner then box stock is fine until you sharpen your skills. If there was a best or perfect car out there then this hobby would have died a long time ago since this industry thrives on upgrades, this is the funnest and best part of this hobby. I myself started with a HPI Nitro RS4. I now have the NTC3, Electric TC3, and T-Maxx 2.5. I will probably end up moving up to 1/8 scale buggies and 1/8 scale on road(most likely Serpent) by next year.
XtremeMDX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 01:53 AM
  #15  
Tech Regular
 
rrgt_kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 310
Default Re: Don't knock the NTC3 if you....

Originally posted by XtremeMDX
don't own one. Too many mods to get the NTC3 running. Funny, I hear so many stories about box stock NTC3 running with the supposedly better cars..... There is no best car out there. Best is irrelevant since it comes down to preference and driving style. If you like smooth driving style then get a Serpent, a Mugen , Reflex NT or some other belted driven cars, if you like dive into a corner and stab out of it, and hell on straighways then NTC3 might be your choice not to say that none of these cars can not swap characteristics since that is all in suspension adjustments and swapping other parts. The best thing to do is go to your LHS see what they recommend, ask the local racers what they like and even ask them if it is possible to try their car out. They only way to really know what is best for you is by actually trying it for yourself. The choice will come down to what features are important to you, any car is good in box stock form but upgrades will depend on what level skill you have, if you are a beginner then box stock is fine until you sharpen your skills. If there was a best or perfect car out there then this hobby would have died a long time ago since this industry thrives on upgrades, this is the funnest and best part of this hobby. I myself started with a HPI Nitro RS4. I now have the NTC3, Electric TC3, and T-Maxx 2.5. I will probably end up moving up to 1/8 scale buggies and 1/8 scale on road(most likely Serpent) by next year.
if associated made a 1/8th on road it would absolutly fall to shit peices if it would be anything like there ntc3, and yes i do own a ntc3 and its a bucket of bolts for racing escpecially for the reliability part. the reason for this it is an electric design if its a good proven design why arnt serpent kyosho mugen like this .
rrgt_kid is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service