R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-27-2003, 02:40 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Piece of .....

Tell that to the team drivers. If I'm not mistaken they have been dominating for most part of the season. NTC3 dominates in most tracks in my area as well. Dunno what happened to your NTC3 but you are one of the very few that owned one and thought it was a pile of ...... I do feel bad for you since this hobby can get quite expensive but your hatred for the NTC3 and calling it a pile of ..... is unnecessary since the thread was asking our opinion of what is a good car, he did not ask your opinion of sorry to say it but shit cars. You were the only one on this thread that mudslings a certain brand for no due reason. You are starting to sound like a troll, and you definitely don't want to be thought of as one since the guys in this forum don't take kindly to those sort of things. I'm not taking offense to your NTC3 bashing but I do take offense to the attitude you are conveying in this forum. This is supposed to be a friendly gathering of information and you sound like you are trying to stir something up even if it was non-intentional. There is no validity in your statements and no good can come from it. Forget the hating or you end up hurting. Peace
out!!!!!my brother........
XtremeMDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 06:18 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

If you read ANY of the forums,you'll see ALL the cars have their good and bad points...and that includes everything from quality of instructions for a newcomer,parts availability,FIT AND FINISH,Customer support,etc...To call teh NTC3 a crap box just shows teh level of racing aptitude the person behind the statement has..

did you ever stop to read the guys post?...maybe he wants a PULLSTART car "cause he says he's NOT racing it?sounds like hes already done some research,and probably has his act together more than some other people on this thread...

DB racing.....before you consider the traxxas,(and I would ABSOLUTELY consider the tc3),Check out the HPI's......for a first timer,the cars are VERY durable,ALL the hop ups are there to have fun with,and the bodys are designed to fit the cars withe a minimum of hassle.....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:42 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to AndrewtheRCman

im amazed at how somone could hate such a good ca as a TC3. are you sure you built yours right?? mines been awsome, havent had many troubles with it. and it corners almost exaclty how i want it...just need slighty softer springs up front for me
AndrewtheRCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 04:15 PM   #19
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy

not being having an onroad and still on my first RC i was wondering what makes one car (NTC3) better than another say (HPI RS4 3 SS) is it..

1 materials
2 engine
3 overall design
4 availability of hop ups
5 tuning abilities

what makes the NTC3 get so many higher compliments verses the HPI ?
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 04:26 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Default Actually the HPS RS4 3SS

is a very capable car and can hold up against a NTC3. What makes the boxstock NTC3 a little better than the SS is the brakes -- the best in 1/10 according to countless magazine test, and the drivetrain. The NTC3 is a little more free-spinning compared to the SS but with the right hop ups the SS will be as good or even better than the NTC3 in some aspect. The freer drivetrain on the NTC3 is for certan driving style, not everyone will like it, some drivers like a little drag especially on the corners because it offers more sense of control so for some drivers they will probably like the SS over the NTC3.

Last edited by XtremeMDX; 04-27-2003 at 10:16 PM.
XtremeMDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:04 AM   #21
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The NTC3 is a good car, but the GT4 is too. I am just getting rid of an NTC3, went to the MTX3...no matter what I did, the NTC3 was getting outrun by the Mugen. I've driven them all, and the Mugen turns the best of any....HPI's are for cul de sacs and bashing with your buds...If your gonna race, get a real racecar. And the HPI ain't it.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 05:25 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
The NTC3 is a good car, but the GT4 is too. I am just getting rid of an NTC3, went to the MTX3...no matter what I did, the NTC3 was getting outrun by the Mugen. I've driven them all, and the Mugen turns the best of any....HPI's are for cul de sacs and bashing with your buds...If your gonna race, get a real racecar. And the HPI ain't it.

I like my tc3...but you are on themoney with teh HPI

I've been racing them since 96....and have evry one since the original rs4....

including the ss...

they all got shelved as soon as I drove the tc3..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:58 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to DBRacing25

Thank you everyone for all the very helpful input you have given me. I think I have it narrowed down between a TC3,an HPI, or a Mugen. I would like a non-pull start as I have a starter box for my other nitro truck (associated RC10GT).
DBRacing25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 02:35 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If your just gonna bash around and don't care for racing then get the HPI shaft car, it should be wel suited for you because it should be a little more impevious to rocks and dirt. If you think racing may be in your future then the TC3 will be b etter because it is a race bread car. You may also wanna check out the OFNA LD3 if you want a car with an engine and 2 speed..... for bashing stay away from belt cars period............

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote