R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When you try something just run the car for three or four laps not a full tank. Three laps will take you a minute on the track then come in and try something else.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:55 AM   #17
Tech Master

Wow, sounds like you found a good friend to learn from. 1st thing you could try is to tail him around the track durring practice. Follow the same line and use the same brake points. Then you can really see where you are loosing time. The other thing you can do on your own is to practice on one corner at a time. Each lap try to go faster through the corner using different lines and brake/acceleration points. When you find a good line, try hitting it consistantly. One of the best tips I got was to pick a spot on the entry that is easy to identify and use it to judge when to start braking
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

1. stop changing the car...get the car the way you want option wise,and leave it alone....
  2. learn to tune the motor so it runs consistant....and then,tune the clutch so it reacts the same way every time..grunt off the corner(esp for a point and shoot track)..
  3. start with a basic set up,and leave it alone.....
  4. start driving SLOWLY,concentrating more on your line,then being fast......once you get the line down,and practice so you can drive that line in your sleep,speed will come,as well as consistancy....
  5. learn the car's handling traits inside and out,and learn to drive the car no matter how it runs....tweaks,accidents,body damage,etc is gonna change the way the car runs during the race, so you might as well learn to drive it under any condition.( i know my r40 like the back of my hand....I drive the car,the car doesn't drive me)
  6. once YOU are consistant,THAN you can ask yourself,at what part of the track can I get faster on?......you will never master(or set up the car) for every corner,so pick the ones you feel comfortable on,and get faster there..
  7. then get the triplle xxx tuning guide if you cant get the serpent or xray one...
  8. pick up an X box 360 and FORZA 2.....and when you are not rc racing,use that driving sim to learn to follow a line.....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Real good stuff I'm just going to be sponge!!!!,
lil-bump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:25 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Roy View Post
Wow, sounds like you found a good friend to learn from. 1st thing you could try is to tail him around the track durring practice. Follow the same line and use the same brake points. Then you can really see where you are loosing time. The other thing you can do on your own is to practice on one corner at a time. Each lap try to go faster through the corner using different lines and brake/acceleration points. When you find a good line, try hitting it consistantly. One of the best tips I got was to pick a spot on the entry that is easy to identify and use it to judge when to start braking
Yeah, I'm very fortunate. I'll try and keep up with him. He is very fast.

A lot of my time with him on the driver's stand was spent listening to him say "turn" and it was quite evident during the first session that I was turning a bit too late. After a few sessions of this - and still to this day, I mentally tell myself "turn" during practice and while racing - especially when things get tense. As mentioned earlier, my driving is getting better. More consistency will go a long way.

Thanks again
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 07-04-2007 at 11:46 AM.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
You can drive my car the next time you come to Miami, FL.
How about you come to Hawaii show Rainer and me how its done? And you can help me with my Serpent.

Let's say next year's championship?
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
How about you come to Hawaii show Rainer and me how its done? And you can help me with my Serpent.

Let's say next year's championship?
Just put 2 tickets in the mail for me and my wife. Make sure to add some etra days for tarvel so I can vacation also. hahahahaha........... Wish I could. Rememer you can always PM with any questions. I am usually good about returning them.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Rememer you can always PM with any questions. I am usually good about returning them.
This is true! At times I feel bad about constantly hitting him up with questions but he answers every one!!!! He has helped me out a lot too!!!!
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote