R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #46
Tech Elite

The new electric onroad and gas offroad is due to be released late this year or early next year.
VRC is a awesome tool for you to develope your skills.
Practice makes perfect and thats what VRC is about.
Its a guarantee that using it will improve your driving as it teaches you discipline and consistency.

For the price i say its well worth it because if you dont break parts, wear out tyres, use gallons of fuel, put unecessary milage on engines and wreck bodies.
This is a must have to the serious club racer as a tool to make you better and faster.

Also found it to be a great way to show customers what rc racing is about in the shop.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #47
Tech Initiate

hi was wondering if the

256MB NVDIA GF 7600GT Video card would be a good video card and be suitable for this game??

thanks
pdungadamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdungadamo View Post
hi was wondering if the

256MB NVDIA GF 7600GT Video card would be a good video card and be suitable for this game??

thanks
should be able to run fine with no problem. complete system requirements are:

The minimum system requirements are:
- Windows 98 or higher
- Pentium 4 1Ghz or better
- 128 Mb RAM
- Graphics card with hardware T&L, like GeForce 3, Radeon 9000 or similar card
- 56K Dial-up connection

The recommended system requirements are:
- Windows XP
- Pentium 4 2 Ghz or better
- 512 Mb RAM
- Graphics card with hardware T&L, e.g. GeForce 4 FX5600, Radeon 9600 or similar
- Cable or (A)DSL internet connection
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Hey everyone......It is in the works.......V4 OFFROAD is set to be out in the fall of 08. I just got word from VRC on this................CAN'T WAIT......
rc_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #50
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_freak View Post
Hey everyone......It is in the works.......V4 OFFROAD is set to be out in the fall of 08. I just got word from VRC on this................CAN'T WAIT......
Yeah already stashed the money for it!!!
40% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Great Sim

I was one of the first to sign up 2nd day it was around if I remember correctly. Those days it was a little buggy but they have made massive improvements and now its as good as it gets. Especially being able to use your own radio instead of some gamepad or joystick. After practicing on VRC for a few months my first electric TC race was a win by 2 laps with a real car. Not having driven sedans but a few times previously to getting VRC it feels just like the game when I'm driving the real car. I even see one guy I've raced against on VRC posting to this forum When it first came out the game and two tracks were free. You bought additional tracks for 10 bucks or so but got racing credits with each track. It took me a year to use them all up so it was a good deal I thought. Now you have to buy the whole thing but its about the same as we early adopters paid if you bought all the tracks. Brisbane that track is a stress inducer. I can't get that one down to save my soul. The new one Bamburg is kinda like that to me as well. And the MAC Amstetten track is kicks my butt too. Make sure your box will play the demo before plunking down the cash for the real copy. Some machines just can't cut it. I really like the lola bodied 1:10 scale cars. They are my favorite.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #52
Tech Addict

I never bought the system because I was waiting on a offroad version.

I will be using a M8 or 3PK...........What do I need to purchase to get it up and going with the tracks.

How much is it?

Thanks
rc_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #53
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just bought this game second hand from a friend. I tried to play, but it won't let me register it. My friend's computer that he had the game on crashed, and had to be reloaded. He didn't bother to reinstall the game, and doesn't remember his login info. I sent an e-mail to tech support, but haven't had a response. Does anyone know how I can change or register it under a different name?
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
I just bought this game second hand from a friend. I tried to play, but it won't let me register it. My friend's computer that he had the game on crashed, and had to be reloaded. He didn't bother to reinstall the game, and doesn't remember his login info. I sent an e-mail to tech support, but haven't had a response. Does anyone know how I can change or register it under a different name?
Go to VRC, register your own username. Then download a fresh install from there, install on your PC with your new username.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #55
Tech Champion

That's essentially what I did. But when I go to register a new user name and pass word, it tells me the game is already registered to a different user, and I can't play. I was wondering if there's U.S. based tech support I can call. All the info I find is for some place in the Netherlands. I sent e-mail to the tech support and haven't had a response yet. Hopefully they'll get back to me, because at present, I have a useless game...

I did go ahead and download the free trial, so I could test the USB interface, and it does work. But I don't like oval... I want to drive the 8th scale car on a decent track and can't until I get the registration issue solved. Thanks for the help though.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #56
Tech Champion

NEVERMIND! The guy who sold it to me found his old info and I've been playing...

I know its been a long time since I drove on road...but WOW... I SUCK! I'll just have to practice...
Old 11-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

To be honest you can not legally register the game in your name. The person who purchased the game(your friend). He is the only one who owns the license to the game This is nontranferable unless you pay VRC a fee(purchase the game). If you want to register the game in your name you would have to pay VRC a fee (basically re-purchased the game). It's a good thing your friend found the password. I would just play the game under his name. I'm not sure what would happen if you were to purchase a race license
under your credit card even though the game is licensed under a different name. Remember it's free to downlaod the software they get you when you need to unlock the software (licensed copy). This is why it is useless to buy a use copy of VRC that has already been registered. Hope this helps
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:49 AM   #58
Tech Champion

Quote:
This is why it is useless to buy a use copy of VRC that has already been registered.
Yup. I posted a thread about it in the chat room. I warned all to never buy a used copy of that game. Every other game I've owned is different(most are used copies, I never buy new games, what a rip off). I was a little upset that a game, any game, could essentially be designed to die with the original purchaser. It's as if they don't want the game to have a full life cycle...like every other game I've ever had. So if you're interested in VRC, play a friend's copy first and make sure you want to be stuck with it.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

VRC has to protect their software. If they didn't everyone would just hack a used copy off the internet. There is a certain cost for development of the software that has to be paid for somehow. Windows does the same thing.
Believe it or not software is not FREE.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:54 AM   #60
Tech Apprentice

Default online racing

cnat change camera view with f2 or camera view icon can anyone help want rear camera view.

thanks,
marcos