R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-23-2003, 10:32 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default My 2 cents

"Ebay shopping disaster - NovaRossi question.
I purchased a NovaRossi S5 .12 from a guy off Ebay back in February. After a month of haggling, he finally admitted he didn't acutally have one, and his supplier couldn't get him one (sounds dodgy eh?)."

Wrong of seller to list a engine he phisicly did not have.
Wrong of seller to skull drag and lie to you for that long.
Wrong of seller to offer a replacement engine then ship something other.
I would hate to be that ebay seller and look in mirror each morning.
Every seller (Ebay, LHS, Personal friend)will have the expereance atleast "once" of being responseble an unacceptable deal . It was he that should have eaten the losses on that one. No questions asked. Credability is not cheep ...It must be earned and payed for by every merchant. It is up to you guys to see that investement was made (seller earned his dues so to speak)befor closing a deal with anyone. And shame on you if you don't. A referal is nice...But you the consummer must do the leg work in contact the indevidual you wish to buy from, as previously discribed in the above posts.

I personnely am dazzled by the performance of the Novarossi RS12 S3 Race engine. Great non turbo 3 port engine. And will close by refering as fallows:
Lee at Winner's Circle RC in Atlanta GA, Stocks the RS12S5 & Rs12S3. Very nice and honest guy to deal with.
TOOLING: http://www.rayaracing.com/prodtooling.htm
RayA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:55 AM   #32
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

Well, this is what I have been told:

Don't buy used engine off ebay.
Be suspicious of the low price, or an engine that not many pays attention to.
Do ask seller questions, history of the engine, what car it was running on.

It's your money. Make it well spent!
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:00 PM   #33
Tech Master

I bought my Novarossi S5 Turbo of Ebay for $160 including shipping. The guy shipped promptly and when I got the engine it was brand new, still inside the sealed bag and it was what the engine that I paid for.
There are some good ebayer sellers out there and it would ahve been easy for him to do me over considering the vast ocean of water between us.

The guys name is Caesari (from Boca Raton) and goes under the screenname of mspeed_engines.

Keep an eye on his auctions as he always has a great deal going on some good engines and is very prompt at replying to questions and emails in general.
I got the engine shipped to Smitty and Caesari even contacted me by email to let me know that the engine had arrived at Smitty's house at such a time. Brilliant service.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:09 PM   #34
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I bought my Novarossi S5 Turbo of Ebay for $160 including shipping. The guy shipped promptly and when I got the engine it was brand new, still inside the sealed bag and it was what the engine that I paid for.
There are some good ebayer sellers out there and it would ahve been easy for him to do me over considering the vast ocean of water between us.

The guys name is Caesari (from Boca Raton) and goes under the screenname of mspeed_engines.

Keep an eye on his auctions as he always has a great deal going on some good engines and is very prompt at replying to questions and emails in general.
I got the engine shipped to Smitty and Caesari even contacted me by email to let me know that the engine had arrived at Smitty's house at such a time. Brilliant service.
The guy hasn't been on ebay for over half a year already. Maybe because he sold you that S5 so cheap!
Old 04-23-2003, 06:07 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Default Conclusion

After the last email I sent, he finally sent me the $30 refund (via Paypal). However, I am still stuck with an engine I don't really want (MT-12). I will try to sell and recoup what I paid. Then, I will try to buy an S3 or S5 from someone I trust.

Thanks again for all your help.
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:23 PM   #36
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

again, try not to use paypal for payment , if the deal go south they won't do anyting about it, i had a similar situation of someone used a fradulent credit card and a pony address, this of course a paypal transaction, after the fund was received i shipped out the item as promised..later got an email from paypal demanding money from me ..no matter how i expained they just wouldn't give a damn about it ..DO NOT USE PAYPAL.

[email protected]
Old 04-23-2003, 10:30 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Default Paypal Sucks

There is a site called Paypal sucks. I canceled my PP membership after reading some of the horror stories there.

Spiss...Hey buddy.....wana buy a Watch?
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:55 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RedScorp Send a message via AIM to RedScorp Send a message via Yahoo to RedScorp

I got Mexico Rolex's for 80 bucks...any takers?
RedScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:16 PM   #39
Tech Adept

One more thing.....for those of you that have run an MT-12 and an S3 or S5, how much performance difference is there? In other words, should I try the MT-12, or should I try to sell it and get an S3? Would I be disappointed in the MT-12?
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:29 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Default S5 from E-bay

Got one of the first S5 to hit the market, got it from E-bay. I'm happy mines ended with a happy ending. Got the package as stated when he said I would and got engine brand new, sealed in box as stated and I got it from the same guy as modellor got his from. Caesari (from Boca Raton) and goes under the screenname of mspeed_engines. Thumbs up to him and I would definitely do business again with him. I even had a problem with my E-bay e-mail address and he even called me up on my home phone number just to let me know that he could not e-mail me back because of this, he asked for my correct e-mail address and sent me the information within minutes of our phone conversation.
XtremeMDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 10:39 AM   #41
Tech Master

One thing people have to be very careful of when buying new/used engine off ebay is to be skeptical about the product. I don't think many people would want to lose their money selling off stuffs below their cost. Check the picture, asking for more pics in details. Better yet, ask to see the inside. Nahh.... They wouldn't go through all those for you.

But, well, one good practice is to pay close attention to the description and the pictures shown.

For instance, check this out: JP BLACK Modified .12 RS12 S3 NOVA Engine REX, Item # 3128201450

It's claimed to be a JP S3, but when look closely, this is the JP RS12. The Term S3 was misleading.

I just feel sorry for the sucker, oops, I mean the guy who bought it.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:22 PM   #42
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default What is this one?

By the desrciption some of you gave I am guessing that the engine pictured here is an MT-12. Is that right?

Jon
here
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 01:36 PM   #43
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Quote:
Originally posted by chachi
One more thing.....for those of you that have run an MT-12 and an S3 or S5, how much performance difference is there? In other words, should I try the MT-12, or should I try to sell it and get an S3? Would I be disappointed in the MT-12?
Will you be disappointed in the MT12!? Yes and no. No because it's a great engine. Yes because the S3 is a better engine, in my opinion anyway.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote