R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Mugen MRX4R

I just recently bought this kit and absolutely love it but I have one question...
Does this car only feature braking from the rear tires? Every time I slam the brakes the car spins around because only the rear wheels are actually stopping the car? I am not sure if I assembled it correctly but this just seems odd to me. A little background...when I bought the car it did not come with an owners manual...so I downloaded one for an mrx4 off the mugen website and used it to put it together.
cbaier1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Oh, Boy!

I don't know what kind of radio you have, but you might start with taking some of the break end point out (EPA). Keep taking it out until you can go down the straight and hit the brakes and you don't loose control.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

you can have stronger brakes if you brake in a straight line soon as you touch the steering while braking thats when the drifting begins
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Might it have something to do with the one way diff in the front? It just doesn't seem right to me. When i have the front wheels on the ground and the rear wheels in the air and roll the car forward while applying the brakes...the front tires spin freely and the car rolls effortlessly, however, when i do the same thing and roll the car backwards on only the front wheels while applying the brakes, the front wheels lock because the brakes are slowing them from turning...shouldn't this be the opposite of what its doing now? Therefore when I brake, even in a straight line...the brakes only work on the rear wheels and the fronts just spin hence the car is very difficult to control during breaking. I have two kyosho 1/8 scale buggys and they don't do anything like that...if its normal then I would just like to know so I can just try and get used to driving this car differently.

Thanks

Chris
Old 06-23-2007, 05:21 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Perfectly normal for 1/8 onroads to only have braking only in the rear. 1/8 onroads have front one-ways and rear solid diffs.

Any car with a front one-way will only have braking in the rear due to how the front one-way works.

If you are still spinning out: adjust how much your servo moves when braking or mechanically adjust your brake linkage (loosen the knob at the end of the linkage) until braking is to your liking.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your help...

Chris