R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-25-2002, 09:09 PM   #1396
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperMugen
I would have to say that the .12 open class is quicker tham the .15 235mm class. If you look at the result from the last RCCAR race, the .12 open class winner Eric York did 63 laps in 15 minutes while the winner of the .15 235mm class did 40 in 10 minutes. If you do some simple math and divide 40 by two you get 20, add this 20 to the 40 and you get 60 laps in a 15 minute race for the .15 235mm class. Now with some of the fast guys running floating rear body mounts and faster engines I think the .12 open class will be even quicker this season. It will be really close though; now that the Impact cars are allowed to run 4wd drive. But I'll still put my money on the .12 open cars. Later

Brock
What's up Brock?

Your stats are correct...but you still can't quantify an unknown variable since we don't know what kind of lap times the impacts will be turning now that it's gonna be 4wd... That is why I give the edge, however slight to the .15 class. Since I am not a gambling man, we will just have to wait and see...The real question we should be asking is "Would York be faster in .12 or the .15 class???"

Seeing that you like math, here's a problems for ya. Given a choice to run 20% or 30% nitro. Which would you pick in a one hour main if; the 20 will give you 20% more runtime but the 30 would give you 5% more speed with only a 5 min runtime. everything else is constant.. and pitstops are running 10 secs. The time of day is 3pm and 30% cost $ 28.99 at Delta. And Dansby was running 9.5 sec. laps Get it right.... and... I will buy you lunch.... at LUPE'S!!! Sonny!!
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 01:38 AM   #1397
Tech Elite

Ooo Ooo I know! Can I answer? I don't want mustard though.

BTW I did find some Kawahara narrow foams in HK but they were all rated 30 so I didn't think you wanted them.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:37 AM   #1398
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

I didnt know there was gonnna be a math test for this free lunch

So does anyone know of an ancient DO NOT RAIN dance for tomorrow
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 11:26 AM   #1399
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to SuperMugen

Hey Jonathon, I think that the 30% would have a slight advantage. It might be a trick question though, with some "unknown variable." Still not fully awake yet haha!

Yeah, we still don't know what the 4wd impacts lap times will be, but then again we don't know what York will be running either. He has new horsepower, a floating rear body mount, and whatever else he didn't have since the last castle race... we'll just have to wait and see. I agree that the question we should be asking is: "Would York be faster in .12 or the .15 class???" Now we just need to cross our fingers and hope it doesn't rain tommrow. What's the approximate time racing ends at Delta? Later

-Brock
SuperMugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 11:42 AM   #1400
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Hey Jonathon, I think that the 30% would have a slight advantage. It might be a trick question though, with some "unknown variable." Still not fully awake yet haha!

Yeah, we still don't know what the 4wd impacts lap times will be, but then again we don't know what York will be running either. He has new horsepower, a floating rear body mount, and whatever else he didn't have since the last castle race... we'll just have to wait and see. I agree that the question we should be asking is: "Would York be faster in .12 or the .15 class???" Now we just need to cross our fingers and hope it doesn't rain tommrow. What's the approximate time racing ends at Delta? Later

-Brock
Brock: Good to see you in this topic...I am looking forward to
comparing the .15 Serpent 4wds against the .12 4wd Lolas...
I do not view this as a competition of two classes, but I see
this as an evolution of an interesting class that fits "parking
lot" and small permanent tracks like Delta RC. I, for one, still
view rubber tired sedan racing as extremely challenging due
to the critical balance between handling, speed and taking
care not to overheat the rubber tires...(just like NASCAR....and
what is the most popular form of auto racing in America!!).
jd300zxtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:29 PM   #1401
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

Quote:

-Brock
BROCK - Well I think, as far as what the times would be with the 1/10 Sedan Outlaw and 1/10th 235mm 4WD, it would be interesting to see. But then I do agree with what Jonathan says they are also different cars as well, and I can even add further it also depends on the driver. I bet if you put Joel Johnson or Barry Baker in the .15 class, he would probably be faster! Instead of looking at any single driver's best time, I think the best way is to take an average of all drivers in the class and compare it with others in the class.

Well assuming it doesn't race tomorrow it depends on whether the track is wet in the mornin on not. If it's wet, they'l have to dry and prep it, probably won't start til 1 and end by 5. If we start early, like the track is dry and ready to go by 11 AM, probably by 3 or 4. This also depends on the turnout as well tomorrow.

So anyone running Super 10 tomorrow? I'm bringing mine so if anyone wants to make a class let's do it!
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 01:10 PM   #1402
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

Quote:
Originally posted by jd300zxtt

Brock: Good to see you in this topic...I am looking forward to
comparing the .15 Serpent 4wds against the .12 4wd Lolas...
I do not view this as a competition of two classes, but I see
this as an evolution of an interesting class that fits "parking
lot" and small permanent tracks like Delta RC. I, for one, still
view rubber tired sedan racing as extremely challenging due
to the critical balance between handling, speed and taking
care not to overheat the rubber tires...(just like NASCAR....and
what is the most popular form of auto racing in America!!).
I agree with you JD! Sedan rubber is still in my opinion a very technical class. Not just very popular in America is NASCAR, but if you look at internationally (Japan, Britain, and rest of Europe), touring car is very popular. RUbber sedan class almost recreates this as close as possible.

I like to also see the fast speeds of Outlaw (Jonathan I was not dissing foams solid rears and one ways at all and I even voted FOR them at CASTLE, but I just hate the way them Lola's bodies look even though they are the best handling body LOL) and I totally wholeheartedly agree that given the dimensions of DELTA Sedan Outlaw is totally appropriate for this size of track. As most people get sick of looking at a sedan rubber class with nothing but Stratus bodies (I love running different bodies to escape the monotony of the Stratus). Once again I am totally reiterating the I agree with you JD and I am NOT dissing the Outlaw class at all I Ilike it and I race in it at DELTA and I was racing Outlaw before it even started at CASTLE at the classic). But hey even if they didn't allow the Lola body I am sure the class would end up running Stratus bodies anyways. I want to see the Outlaw class strive and grow as much any other class!

Also again since I am not dissing Outlaw at all, I don't want to see people diss rubber sedan as well! The people who stay in rubber do not decide to "not go faster" "I tell you what... if there is a way to go faster and you choose not to... then that is your perogative." We too have a desire as much as the Outlaw class to push our cars to the limit in terms of speed and handling given the parameters and rules of the class! And I do agree that too many people run the Stratus body too!
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 08:31 PM   #1403
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo

I agree with you JD! Sedan rubber is still in my opinion a very technical class. Not just very popular in America is NASCAR, but if you look at internationally (Japan, Britain, and rest of Europe), touring car is very popular. RUbber sedan class almost recreates this as close as possible.

I like to also see the fast speeds of Outlaw (Jonathan I was not dissing foams solid rears and one ways at all and I even voted FOR them at CASTLE, but I just hate the way them Lola's bodies look even though they are the best handling body LOL) and I totally wholeheartedly agree that given the dimensions of DELTA Sedan Outlaw is totally appropriate for this size of track. As most people get sick of looking at a sedan rubber class with nothing but Stratus bodies (I love running different bodies to escape the monotony of the Stratus). Once again I am totally reiterating the I agree with you JD and I am NOT dissing the Outlaw class at all I Ilike it and I race in it at DELTA and I was racing Outlaw before it even started at CASTLE at the classic). But hey even if they didn't allow the Lola body I am sure the class would end up running Stratus bodies anyways. I want to see the Outlaw class strive and grow as much any other class!

Also again since I am not dissing Outlaw at all, I don't want to see people diss rubber sedan as well! The people who stay in rubber do not decide to "not go faster" "I tell you what... if there is a way to go faster and you choose not to... then that is your perogative." We too have a desire as much as the Outlaw class to push our cars to the limit in terms of speed and handling given the parameters and rules of the class! And I do agree that too many people run the Stratus body too!
Alas....there can be peace in Lola land....
Old 01-26-2002, 08:36 PM   #1404
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Ooo Ooo I know! Can I answer? I don't want mustard though.

BTW I did find some Kawahara narrow foams in HK but they were all rated 30 so I didn't think you wanted them.
There seems to be a pattern of you being the first to chime in whenever there's a freebie. hummm... lmfao!!! Seeya tommorrow??
Old 01-27-2002, 01:19 AM   #1405
Tech Regular

Quote:

-Brock
Brock

The question was which would you pick. So you got it right by virtue of just picking one. trick question in a sense... and yeah you pick the right one. Seeya at Lupe's. if not then TOGO's.

Just got done rebuilding my v one r for tommorrow. Man my sheect was toe up!!! shocks had no fluid. motor was apart!!! Anyhow... all done. can't wait..

I am inviting everyone to come by the house for a little get together after the race. I got lots of beer... we can play a little GT3. Got a brand new pool table... maybe true some tires. whatever...you can bring your girls but sorry...no ho's. (out of respect for my wife...even though she's out of town.) So...Daniel, Art, Willie, Dansby,Brock, Hag. You guys can all come by. Moon, Novadude... you guys will have to party vicariously. Oh yeah...Motorman you can stop by too... pleaasee.

Seeya!!
Old 01-27-2002, 02:47 AM   #1406
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan

Brock

The question was which would you pick. So you got it right by virtue of just picking one. trick question in a sense... and yeah you pick the right one. Seeya at Lupe's. if not then TOGO's.

Just got done rebuilding my v one r for tommorrow. Man my sheect was toe up!!! shocks had no fluid. motor was apart!!! Anyhow... all done. can't wait..

I am inviting everyone to come by the house for a little get together after the race. I got lots of beer... we can play a little GT3. Got a brand new pool table... maybe true some tires. whatever...you can bring your girls but sorry...no ho's. (out of respect for my wife...even though she's out of town.) So...Daniel, Art, Willie, Dansby,Brock, Hag. You guys can all come by. Moon, Novadude... you guys will have to party vicariously. Oh yeah...Motorman you can stop by too... pleaasee.

Seeya!!
OH Sh!T, where is my beer ! ? ! ?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 04:06 AM   #1407
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan

There seems to be a pattern of you being the first to chime in whenever there's a freebie. hummm... lmfao!!! Seeya tommorrow??
Hey waiddaminute. When was the last time I chimed in first for a freebee? lol As a matter of fact I was GIVING out freebees on the HPI forum. "Hmmm I think I'll give him some shiat... for free."

As for the invite thanks. My foot is still messed up so I don't think I'll make it.

BTW if Dansby is running 5% faster ALL the way around the track with 30%, he'll get 385 laps. For 20% he'll get 368 laps. I pick 30%. So there, I WORK for my freebee.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 08:59 AM   #1408
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

OH Sh!T, where is my beer ! ? ! ?
Moon... A toast " May your wisdom resound in our hearts, and your beverage trumpet within our... farts... " Booouuh!!! Australian... for beeeah.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:07 AM   #1409
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder

Hey waiddaminute. When was the last time I chimed in first for a freebee? lol As a matter of fact I was GIVING out freebees on the HPI forum. "Hmmm I think I'll give him some shiat... for free."

As for the invite thanks. My foot is still messed up so I don't think I'll make it.

BTW if Dansby is running 5% faster ALL the way around the track with 30%, he'll get 385 laps. For 20% he'll get 368 laps. I pick 30%. So there, I WORK for my freebee.
Sorry about your foot Will... I don't read HPI. Anywho...The last time was this time. And like my dad would say..."last last time"... was when Motorman was giving away a cracked motor. You just got called on buddy!

Good job on the little math problem. You just earned yourself a free... beeeah.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:11 AM   #1410
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Sydewyder will pass on the Beeeah, but he will drink all of your Snaple
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote