R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-16-2002, 09:16 PM   #1261
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by DanielSon; 05-31-2007 at 11:12 AM.
DanielSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:21 PM   #1262
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sup fool! hush hushh.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:25 PM   #1263
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Kyosho releases whole bunch of alloy pulley. the one you saw on the pic is a 25T and it is meant for RR.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:27 PM   #1264
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by DanielSon; 05-31-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:34 PM   #1265
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to SuperMugen

Art- I'll have to go to Delta some time, funny thing is that I have never been there before haha. I got a JP on order from Ace, it should be there on friday, it will be interesting to see how it performs. Maybe I should get a Richey modified engine down the road, I've been talking about getting one forever though. I had a feeling that E. York was the one who called Kyosho a "toy company" haha.

Jonathan- Unfortunatly I can't make it to rams this weekend, got to go to a freinds B-day party. I'll be at castle on the 10th for sure. I'll let you if anything changes. BTW, was York using parts of the Avance to make the Floating rear body mount? I figure that Dansby's was probably custom made knowing him. Later

Brock
SuperMugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:35 PM   #1266
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to adelmundo Send a message via AIM to adelmundo

Quote:
Originally posted by DanielSon
What time does RAMS start racing on Sunday?

Art sucks you had a bad day this last Sunday your car was pretty hooked from what I saw. In the main I got nailed and broke my rear shock tower. The only thing holding the car up in the back was the shock tower support was 2-wheeling through every right turn I thought it was possible traction roll but to my surprise it was broke.

Jonathon lemme know if you wanna sell that NTC3 LOL. I know this guy that is coming up with some nice pieces for it. Ill keep you updated. lol
DANIEL - Managed to fix the radio problem. Got a new servo and fixed the radio. All is good now =). Even got a chance to put in a front Kyosho LSD and test drove it in front of my house. It works pretty good, but how it handles in front of my house and how it handles on the track are 2 different things. I plan on going to DELTA to try it out during practice. The funniest thing about the car, I set it up on a HUDY like 3 months ago and it still works! The set up seems to be perfect for the way I drive I hope I remember the set up I think I have it posted on this board somewhere cause I may need to readjust the car using this new front LSD.
adelmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:45 PM   #1267
Tech Regular

Brock

No York's was custom as well. He, Hardman and Dansby all run the same design.

DanielSann.

Gotto go finish the mrx. catch you tomorrow...aight.

Art. you cool on the servos??
Old 01-16-2002, 09:47 PM   #1268
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by DanielSon; 05-31-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:52 PM   #1269
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by DanielSon; 05-31-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:08 PM   #1270
Tech Regular

Quote:
Jonathon you still owe me for that mrx and the V one R solid rear. Ill call you up tomorrow evening should be pretty far along by then. I gotta go pick up some material in the morning didnt have much 6061 just lots of A2.
Dang they're Hitec too, that means I gotta get the proper servo horn spline for them since they're different. I think I might get them...
Old 01-17-2002, 09:26 AM   #1271
Tech Regular

Quote:
Jonathon you still owe me for that mrx and the V one R solid rear. Ill call you up tomorrow evening should be pretty far along by then. I gotta go pick up some material in the morning didnt have much 6061 just lots of A2.
Don't be trying to make me sound like a deadbeat... Son... I COULD BUY YOU!!! Got any C4 ??? for my tc3??
Old 01-17-2002, 10:49 AM   #1272
Tech Regular

OK folks I'm going to do what Motorman says and lighten my drivetrain to increase the speed of my car...please name all the parts you can think of to reduce the weight, and the manufacturer of the parts. I want to see if I can shave a couple of ounces of weight. So far I only have the lightened 5-Star middle shaft for my car. Everything else on the drivetrain is pretty much stock.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:52 PM   #1273
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to MtX2ImPuLsEr

Manticore- can you give me the link to the kyosho v one r parts that kyosho had listed up. I am trying to see if my lhs can get those parts for me
Thanks in advance
MtX2ImPuLsEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:06 PM   #1274
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Mauler

Quote:
Originally posted by adelmundo

DANIEL - Managed to fix the radio problem. Got a new servo and fixed the radio. All is good now =). Even got a chance to put in a front Kyosho LSD and test drove it in front of my house. It works pretty good, but how it handles in front of my house and how it handles on the track are 2 different things. I plan on going to DELTA to try it out during practice. The funniest thing about the car, I set it up on a HUDY like 3 months ago and it still works! The set up seems to be perfect for the way I drive I hope I remember the set up I think I have it posted on this board somewhere cause I may need to readjust the car using this new front LSD.
Hey, be careful about running the LSD upfront. It handles great but it seems that the gears need plenty of lubrication and cooling. Since the front diff hub is much smaller, the effects of the black lub are greatly reduced. Guys that have been running it in the rear have cracked the sun gears due to heat...

I ran mine upfront before and after a few sessions, I took it out for maintainence and guess what, the black lub turned into murky greyish substance... I know this happens to normal diffs too, but this is the LSD we're talking about. Better be safe than sorry...

I would also suggest that you would fill up the front diff case to the fullest to maximise the cooling effect... and maintain it regularly too... Other than that, enjoy that handling!

Just my 2cents!!
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:13 PM   #1275
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Mauler

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan

Don't be trying to make me sound like a deadbeat... Son... I COULD BUY YOU!!! Got any C4 ??? for my tc3??
C4's? Yeah, how many blocks do you want? Do you have primers and det cords to go with them?
Mauler is offline   Reply With Quote