R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #12136
Tech Apprentice

Fuel tank clip

Hey guys, hoping you can help me out with a 'home-job fix'.

The 'clip' under the lid of the fuel tank, of the V1RR, has broken in two, and was in the fuel tank. I've taken it out, and run the same tank in 1 meet so far without much of a problem. But i can see it being a problem in future with quick fuel stops etc etc.

The circle 'gasket' type material is just hanging onto the lid. Have you guys experienced this before, and if yes, did you successful do something to keep with 'gasket' in place, or just replace the tank? Ideas with pics would be great.

I'm wishing to hold off on spending too much money if possible. The replacement tank is US$20, that could be much better spent on tyres.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:48 AM   #12137
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to compaq888

I wouldn't mess with the fuel tank, if it's broken then throw it away. if something fell out and you can put it back in to fix it then keep it but if something broke throw it away, don't mess with the fuel tank because fuel is very flammable and if something goes wrong you'll have a toasted RR.
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 03:25 PM   #12138
Tech Regular

Default Re: Fuel tank clip

Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn
Hey guys, hoping you can help me out with a 'home-job fix'.

The 'clip' under the lid of the fuel tank, of the V1RR, has broken in two, and was in the fuel tank. I've taken it out, and run the same tank in 1 meet so far without much of a problem. But i can see it being a problem in future with quick fuel stops etc etc.

The circle 'gasket' type material is just hanging onto the lid. Have you guys experienced this before, and if yes, did you successful do something to keep with 'gasket' in place, or just replace the tank? Ideas with pics would be great.

I'm wishing to hold off on spending too much money if possible. The replacement tank is US$20, that could be much better spent on tyres.
The seal and clips are available from kyosho part#92050-01 about $5.00 for pack of 5
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #12139
Tech Apprentice

Default Happy Holidays To All.

No I haven't check to RRR thread:

I have a question about the performance differences between the RR EVO and the RRR.
1) Is there a big difference, if so like what for example?
( I know the evo vs the rr had more turning available due to the laydown servo)

2) If there is someone outthere with the gear matching chart can you please point a fella towards the lite?

Thanks Tazman34685
tazman34685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #12140
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I've got a VoneRR Evolution for sale on Ebay. Check it out at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Thanks for looking!
John
AustinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 AM   #12141
Tech Regular

Ok...i have now put harder springs on the front and will test it at the track tomorrow. a local racer has told me to try 37's on the back..i will give this a try when i can get my hands on some...
Today i was at the track and a local racer helped me tune my engine and set up the gear shift. its gettin mean speed from the .12TR
adamkerrnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #12142
Tech Adept

Guys....
I have a rr evo, bought it 2nd hand.
i have some problem with the drive train, seems like there is some binding on the rear end of my car. I had it torn and rebuild, changed a few of my bearings, put oils on my diffs, but i still find that the belt on the rear is very tight.

any recommendation to change gearing or the belts? i have my configuration as per kyosho instruction manual...
CaptainBarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:29 PM   #12143
Tech Regular

Hi All,

I know that the V one R is a quite an old model, but as i`m making my first purchase, would u guys recommend FW05S or V one R as a better first choice?

Cheers!!
dct147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:14 PM   #12144
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainBarbel
Guys....
I have a rr evo, bought it 2nd hand.
i have some problem with the drive train, seems like there is some binding on the rear end of my car. I had it torn and rebuild, changed a few of my bearings, put oils on my diffs, but i still find that the belt on the rear is very tight.

any recommendation to change gearing or the belts? i have my configuration as per kyosho instruction manual...
Does the rear spin freely without the belt? Have you checked and cleaned the rear bearings in the bulk head if so try looking at the center shaft that the 2 speed conects problem may be there
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:10 PM   #12145
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dct147
Hi All,

I know that the V one R is a quite an old model, but as i`m making my first purchase, would u guys recommend FW05S or V one R as a better first choice?

Cheers!!
I would say FW05S it will be abit slower than the V one R but the v one R does not come with an engine the FW05S will...

also when you learn to drive better you can convert the FW05S into an FW05RR the latest Shaft drive touring car from Kyosho

Ive owned the FW05RR and its very very nice to drive very quick and easy to work on!

The best you can do with a V one R is convert it with the Evo conversion but still it will not be as competitive as the FW05RR.

Hope this helps
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:11 AM   #12146
Tech Adept

thanks ....guy
i did clean every bearings and gearings. the rear shaft even move very freely, even the diffs moves freely without the belt. the two speed also is moving very freely with the pinion gears. i just suspect its the rear belt. should i change it?
CaptainBarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:38 AM   #12147
Tech Regular

Hi TRAJ

Thanks for your help.

I have got an offer from a hobby shop. V one R at lower price compared to the FW05S.

Both comes with engines (non-pull start).

After reading so much reviews about the FW05S, i`m convinced it`s a definite good car. And has the potiential to be a race machine.

I have never driven a RC cars before. Am still deciding on my first purchase.

Would a belt driven ca such as the V one R be a better car to start with?

Sorry , Just want to make my first purchase a good 1.

Thanks!

Cheers!!
Old 01-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #12148
Tech Master

I think the FW05S is a better car cause its VERY easy to work on and shaft is soo smooth and has less roll resistance.

Glad to help
Old 01-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #12149
Tech Regular

Thanks once again TRAJ,

Would you also say that the FW05S is a better car in terms of upgrading options in comparison to VoneR.

Btw, is the V one R a very old model? 1 shop told me it`s a very old model and that it`s quite pointless to buy VoneR.

Thanks again!

Cheers!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #12150
Tech Master

Yep theres heaps of option parts for the FW05S/R that are interchangable

The V one R is pretty old and parts/options will become hard to find!

Go with the FW05S then when you become real good just get the FW05RR conversion kit and you have a pro race car