R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-07-2004, 12:44 PM   #12076
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Arrow help

I'm just a newbie and looking for a nice set-up for my v1rr with an rb x12 engine... what are the things or tricks that i can do to make it faster and better in the track?

Nid of tips and tricks...
japong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:19 PM   #12077
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: help

Quote:
Originally posted by japong
I'm just a newbie and looking for a nice set-up for my v1rr with an rb x12 engine... what are the things or tricks that i can do to make it faster and better in the track?

Nid of tips and tricks...
Hey Japong, I think you forgot that you asked this on the other page. Did you try any of the suggestions yet? Scroll down.

When I first joined RCTech, I read the whole entire V-one RR thread. At the time, about 300 pgs of posts. It took me a few days, but it taught me years of experience in those few days. Be die-hard, man ... you'll learn every trick.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:47 PM   #12078
Tech Regular

Default Re: Clutch Adjsutment

Quote:
Originally posted by pramac
jihernandez, to make your clutch engage later you have a couple of options.

1. Kyosho make a spring to go around the shoes that is stronger that the stock one.

2. You can drill holes in the clutch shoes to lighten them, this means that the engine will need to rev higher before the shoes can move outwards and engage the clutch bell.

GUYS, FANSTASTIC NEWS!!!
I followed all your suggestions and guess what? It's working fine already.

Found out that the clutch was not engaging too early, rather, it was permanently engaged due to some binding. Rebuilt the clutch and now it is working perfectly.

Thanks to all
jihernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:59 AM   #12079
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: help

Last edited by japong; 10-08-2004 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:07 AM   #12080
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: help

Quote:
Originally posted by japong

When I first joined RCTech, I read the whole entire V-one RR thread. At the time, about 300 pgs of posts. It took me a few days, but it taught me years of experience in those few days. Be die-hard, man ... you'll learn every trick.

yup, i'm already browsing the whole v1rr thread for tips, tricks and set-ups... But, I'm just half way of it.. hopefully i cud finish it and make a compilation of it... maybe ur ryt, jz nid some more patience to browse all of it....by this wik, i'll try to post my kyosho v1rr so you can see it and share your comments.....
Old 10-20-2004, 03:21 AM   #12081
Tech Regular

Default Damper stay with body posts

Hi guys, one of my rear body posts broke off when my car flipped at the track. I am thinking of changing the rear floating mount for lola bodies as i am using touring car bodies anyway. Are there any aftermarket parts that i can use on my rr evo which incorporates the body posts onto the damper stay...preferably carbon fibre? Cheers.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:13 PM   #12082
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Here is the Kyosho part number you are looking for. It converts the floating evo mount to non-floating like the rrr. VZW053 Towerhobbies.com has it. I think 3 racing also makes one. It is quite a bit lighter than the floating setup also.

JEFF
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:48 PM   #12083
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Damper stay with body posts

Quote:
Originally posted by diesel
Hi guys, one of my rear body posts broke off when my car flipped at the track. I am thinking of changing the rear floating mount for lola bodies as i am using touring car bodies anyway. Are there any aftermarket parts that i can use on my rr evo which incorporates the body posts onto the damper stay...preferably carbon fibre? Cheers.
I agree with Jeff. Try the 3-racing rear shock tower. It's thick cf so you won't need to double it up. I also use the body posts from the Trinity Reflex. There so much stronger than the stock Kyosho posts. The front post's bottom hex is slightly larger than the Kyosho's so you'll need to squeeze it into the bumper's post holder.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:08 PM   #12084
Tech Regular

Yo Jeff and KidDynomite, thanks for your prompt replies. I will go for the 3 racing one. Cheers.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:23 PM   #12085
ADS
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone, I put together my V1RR with an evo kit and barely got to end-of-run-in. That was about 6 months ago. Now I am back and almost ready to start up the little beast again. Problem is, I can't remember anything I learnt about it. I have had to much to do lately... Marriage, bought house... anyway.

If you guys have some advice on what to keep an eye on or some good setups for settings, it would be much appreciated. I do remember experiencing some minor clutch problems which I can't remeber if I fixed or not. Other than that, I feel like a newbie again.
ADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:48 AM   #12086
Tech Regular

Default v1rr

hello guys,

jz wanna ask if kyosho v1rr is stii competitive compare with the new kits today except for the v1rrr... can it compete w/ fw05r or serpent.. my engine is a rb x12 3 port with 4mm chassis and other kawahara upgrades... I know that practice is very important and knowing your car but is there a chance to compete equal with today's kit ...

tnx........ Congrats to Kyosho....
Old 10-21-2004, 04:22 PM   #12087
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

I think the RR Evo is still very competitive. We have several and we race them hard. A-main cars at our local tracks. The only real issues I have found with the cars is they are a bit heavy in factory trim, and the gearing is not very flexible on short tracks. Looks like they addressed both issues with the RRR. They are very tough cars. I have also found that the base kit setup is very close to where you want to be. Big permant tracks or very short ones you will have to make a few small changes.

JEFF
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:59 PM   #12088
Tech Elite

Anyone have a good setup for tight ourdoor track on asphault? It's for V-one rr, not evo.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:43 PM   #12089
Tech Master

Take off the back roll bar

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 03:37 PM   #12090
ADS
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345